intell wont see plug ins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

M4M wrote:my point is why even develop vst for the intel?there is a standard made by the company that builds the computer, why not use it?why try to re-use a used and passed(past?) standard that was full of bus on the mac anyway
Maybe because VSTs WERE made for Intel originally; after all, Intel had a sizeable majority in the PC market until recently.

As to how efficient AU and UB are, try running cross platform apps on XP using bootcamp and on OSX. Many people have reported significant performance gains using a MacIntel as a Windows box over using it as an OSX box running the same apps...

ew
A spectral heretic...

M4M wrote:maybe it's because I avoided teh first transition that I don't care about this one, but It would be so much simpler if all those jerks at emaple, digidesign(maybe not them they are only in it for the money) yamaha and roland(cakewalk) could get their act together and just get 1(ONE) Standard for both platforms
.. again, funny answer. VST is and was THE audio-plugin format since all times. so, that ONE standard exists since many, many years.

putte

yes, but it's time has passed, it's time for some newer, better technology
I don't care if the ford model T was the original, I won't drive one, i want something that keeps with the times

M4M wrote:yes, but it's time has passed, it's time for some newer, better technology
I don't care if the ford model T was the original, I won't drive one, i want something that keeps with the times
.. AU is better technology? i still didn't get why. please explain it further .. :)
IF AU would be indeed offering something great i'd probably think different, but in my daily use of plugins i never ever experienced one single differency compared to VST.

putte

i f**king don't have nor need a why, I prefer to use it and it pises me that my sequencer of choice decided for a pure ego matter to not support the newer tech

M4M wrote:i f**king don't have nor need a why, I prefer to use it and it pises me that my sequencer of choice decided for a pure ego matter to not support the newer tech
.. ego? who came up with something new nobody needed? apple or steinberg?
steinberg is the company that decided to stick to THE standard, apple decided to abandon it.

putte

who wasnt able to simly change a couple of lines of code to accet the new tech, as they freaking did when micorsoft introduced directX, because they are micorsoft?

M4M wrote:who wasnt able to simly change a couple of lines of code to accet the new tech, as they freaking did when micorsoft introduced directX, because they are micorsoft?
Ah... you're slightly mistaken there. Porting over to AU and now UB is NOT just changing a couple lines of code. If you're using a long-established (say three or more years old) code base, you're talking about a complete rewrite from the ground up in a lot of cases.

ew
A spectral heretic...

beej wrote:I'm *amazed* at the amount of people who just don't have a clue about the computers they've been buying. I guess they're going "that looks nice, I'l take one" with no research whatsoever... :nutter:
I am well aware of the universal binary , and how there is loads of stuff to changed over to that ,

And i didnt just buy it because it was pretty , i bought it because it is designed for making music and design and various things , a mac is more of a tool than a pc , the demos i am downloading say they are universal binary but they just wont show up in cubase 4

VST.

ew wrote:
M4M wrote:who wasnt able to simly change a couple of lines of code to accet the new tech, as they freaking did when micorsoft introduced directX, because they are micorsoft?
Ah... you're slightly mistaken there. Porting over to AU and now UB is NOT just changing a couple lines of code. If you're using a long-established (say three or more years old) code base, you're talking about a complete rewrite from the ground up in a lot of cases.

ew
they had to rewrite cubase for UB, and the VST protocol too...

.. don't know. all i know is that i blame Apple for introducing stuff that caused a lot of trouble and at the same time didn't bring anything new. further on i blame Apple for not really developing Logic any further. (talking 4 years since apple acquired emagic).

yes, in all this i'm filled with a bit of bitterness.

putte

putte wrote:
.. don't know. all i know is that i blame Apple for introducing stuff that caused a lot of trouble and at the same time didn't bring anything new. further on i blame Apple for not really developing Logic any further. (talking 4 years since apple acquired emagic).

yes, in all this i'm filled with a bit of bitterness.

putte
as you can see i am too(bitter), almost forced to ditch cubase because of this(if I can get an NFR upgrade i'll use it in xp, but otherwise, logic all the way)
I was dreaming of total integration 1st with AU, then mLAN, but i think I'm n it to be disapointed...

Apple is fine in video and compositing.
This is hilarious http://www.greenmyapple.com/. Esp. for their school deals. Acer (laptops) was also environmentaly bad (luckily I didn't buy one).

I guess all in all that was highly OT, but nevermind.

substanz wrote: a mac is more of a tool than a pc
:?

Say what?
M4M wrote:they had to rewrite cubase for UB, and the VST protocol too...
So why couldn't Apple follow suit here and make Logic compatible with the other standards. Or are you saying that it's fine for Apple to command what everybody else does with a blatant disregard for the majority of the market, while the older, more universally accepted standards get shitcanned at a huge cost to the independent developers who made the DAW market what it is?

ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”