intell wont see plug ins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

beej wrote:I'm *amazed* at the amount of people who just don't have a clue about the computers they've been buying. I guess they're going "that looks nice, I'l take one" with no research whatsoever... :nutter:
i am well aware of uinversal binary , i knew well before i bought it ,that it might be a pain i the arse to get plug ins for it

it. And as far as the deoms i have downloaded , i made sure they were ub , but to no avail .

i didnt buy it because it was pretty , i bought a mac because its more of a tool than a personal computer . specificly designed for music and design and film editing , all very demanding applications .

Its just gona take a while for the software companys to catch up as far as the ub [/i]

substanz wrote:

i didnt buy it because it was pretty , i bought a mac because its more of a tool than a personal computer . specificly designed for music and design and film editing , all very demanding applications .
So is my PC... I built it to be that way. If you can hold a screwdriver, you can build a PC to your specs.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Apple is the one that isn't following standards and Apple is the one who is fragmenting the market. It is their opperating policy. It is why they bought Logic and refused to support the windows version anymore. This is there method to create market share.

P.T. wrote:It is why they bought Logic and refused to support the windows version anymore
.. and they even seem to forget to support the mac-version in an appropriate way. tiptop! .. :hihi:

Wow - putte doing some Logic/Apple bashing! Wonders will never cease... ;)

One of these days you're going to write a nice post about cool things in Logic, without a hint of a moan...

beej wrote:One of these days you're going to write a nice post about cool things in Logic, without a hint of a moan...
.. yes please! even me myself is tired to read my own moaning posts about Logic.
bring it on, apple! me wants statisfaction!

putte

M4M wrote:maybe it's because I avoided teh first transition that I don't care about this one, but It would be so much simpler if all those jerks at emaple, digidesign(maybe not them they are only in it for the money) yamaha and roland(cakewalk) could get their act together and just get 1(ONE) Standard for both platforms
That standard is VST, though.

It's the only standard that's cross-platform and cross-host to begin with. AU is apple-only, DX is Win-only, RTAS/TDM/FLi/Nyquist/whatever are app-specific, the only one that is either natively supported or wrappable into multiple hosts on multiple platforms is VST.

Of course apple would rather have AU. Apple has their own proprietary format for EVERYTHING, from plugins to audio files to iPod music. if anyone needs to "get with the program" its the people who steer clear of VST because of some fear of crashes.

Well-designed plugins don't crash. I've never had a VST crash my computer, EVER, except maybe two or three freebies (out of about 85) here on KvR.

substanz wrote:I didnt buy it because it was pretty , i bought a mac because its more of a tool than a personal computer . specificly designed for music and design and film editing , all very demanding applications .
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but IIRC even MAC doesn't consider mac to be more of a tool than a personal computer.

I seem to remember a series of ads featuring an "all-work-and-no-play" PC side-by-side with a fun-loving, iTunes-and-amateur-photo-album Mac.

Are you absolutely SURE a Mac is a tool and not a personal computer?

.. people do great things, with both macs and pc's ..

I agree. And I'm not saying that the Mac can't be used as a tool. I just hardly think it's designed with that in mind; it's certainly not marketed that way.

In my experience, (I'm a Lv2 R.E), I was taught at B.C.I.T on Macs using ProTools.
Mac's are marketed as fun loving user friendly clean white magic boxes because that's
what people want to buy . . . something that just works.

I too get that clean feeling that AU seems to offer because of how its designed.

However. . .

VST was there first and is the standard, no matter how people want to look at it.
There seem to be more application issues with VSTI's.
I atribute this to the nature of the OS...namely, Windows.

If I had my way, there would be a magical and lovely way to easily run most VST's
on a Linux distrobution with a streamlined host like FL Studio. (yeah, FL Studio)

I've run various versions over the years of Protools, Cubase, Fruityloops, Ableton. . .etc.
At the end of the day, for myself, I prefer the most stremlined and efficient host for running
plugins. . . of any nature.

On a Windows Box, I like Fl Studio for processing and Stenberg's V-Stack for live playing.
On an OSX box, Protools is the only way to go. As for the newer Intel-Mac disasters. . .

I dont know what to make of it just yet.
I'd like to see one of those stylized MacBooks with a powerfull Intel Chipset running a stremlined Linux Distro with the ability to load VSTi's in a simple host.

Maybe one day I'll buy one and have all 3 cakes and devour them in an orgy of fat, sugar and vstis.

Dj Eau wrote: However. . .

VST was there first and is the standard, no matter how people want to look at it.
There seem to be more application issues with VSTI's.
I atribute this to the nature of the OS...namely, Windows.
Ah... VSTs have always been a cross-platform routine. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that more effort was spent on the Mac end, considering that the "all pros use Macs" bullshit was even more prevalent then than it is now.

With more developers concentrarting on the PC end (a much larger user base, after all), it only stands to reason that you're going to find more erroneous plugins on the Windows side. There's different interpretations of the SDK for any music app; look at Steinberg as a prime example. They spent years not following Propellerhead's standards for ReWire (and hence causing grief for people using Reason with Cubase), yet they were the Props' distributors for the first few years... if anybody should have been making a properly working ReWire host, it should have been them.

ew
A spectral heretic...

a mac isn't more of a tool than a pc.

a mac user is more of a tool than a pc user though :lol: :P

okay, just kidding! it was open, i had to go in :oops:

(don't be mad, i really wasn't serious!)

get yourself a sweet pc and run osx, xp, and linux on it :D there is a list of lappys and desktops that will run osx on wikipedia. then you can have your blazingly, stupid-fast AMD based computer, AND your 21 different flavours of closed standard mac plugins, and your vst, and then your linux up and running with ardour and eXT2, ready for your when you give up in tears of frustration on all of this corporate nonsense! :D
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Return to “Instruments”