Quickie - does Battery 3 work in OSX 10.3.9?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see there are many disgruntled messages about Battery 3 and have just got an official email from NI saying that they have received many many support requests, I wonder why that might be, and they could take several days to get back to me.

I have resubmitted my Service Center details and this time I got everything authorised but on opening the software either in standalone on through Logic 7.1.1 it crashes instantly mentioning the AU validation as the problem.

I am wondering whether Battery 3 works in Panther, I am quite happy in 10.3.9 but have noticed that the spec is 10.4 upwards.

Has anyone got it working in Panther or could that be my problem?

Any help would be well appreciated,

cheers

the kernel

I'm betting that's the issue. As far as I know, all the new NI releases as of their latest versions need 10.4.x to run.

ew
A spectral heretic...

The Kernel wrote: I am wondering whether Battery 3 works in Panther, I am quite happy in 10.3.9 but have noticed that the spec is 10.4 upwards.
Looks like you just answered your own question. Too bad NI and all other software developers are constantly taking the heat for Apple mucking with their OS all the time. 8)

It's an expensive change just to get Battery up and running so I'm wondering if there is anyone who knows for sure that it doesn't work 10.3.9.

Anyone...?

The Kernel wrote:It's an expensive change just to get Battery up and running so I'm wondering if there is anyone who knows for sure that it doesn't work 10.3.9.

Anyone...?
I can say for sure that the other NI plugs that say 10.4.x need 10.4.x.

As to how I know? I moderate four of their forums...

ew
A spectral heretic...

OK thanks for the info. Looks like time for an upgrade.

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”