What Is Your 2007 Software Budget/What's A Must Buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My current budget: $1500

Must Buy:
Any new synths or upgrades from Spectrasonics
Sonar 7 upgrade
Stormdrum 2
Korg Legacy Analog Upgrade

Possible Purchases:

1. Reason 4 Upgrade
2. Live 7 upgrade...still trying to get my head around Live 6(new purchase) so if I decide to upgrade then I suppose I'll upgrade my budget as well.
3. Possible DP 6 upgrade
4. Kontakt Upgrade?????????

I'm asking this question because in 2006 I decided to do away with so many synths(both hardware and software) that I felt were detrimental to my learning the synths that I used regularly. I'm not particulary so talented in learning multiple synths.....or even keeping multiple softsynths installed without ATTEMPTING to learn why X synth is better than Y synth. I get too tempted to try to understand everything that SOMETIMES I tend not to produce anything more than a simple bass track and a headache. :?

Currently I'm still getting my head around the Korg Legacy Collections and my Fantom XR module. Dimension Pro and Rapture are pretty damn easy to work with thank God. Sometimes I do feel as though something is missing...as I'm sure most of us do.

So I'm wondering about what is YOUR BUDGET...and what you feel are absolute must buy synths for '07. LOL! I should probably never return to this thread again, but I'm pretty concerned with whether my projected budget is a bit too much on the software side of things.

Discuss

I was thinking of the Korg Legacy Analog Upgrade. However, I'm not paying 100 bucks to add a Mono/Poly and a Dongle.

I need a new laptop ... my budget is "whatever it costs" ...

...upgrading to Komplete 4 and seeing what else NI will release, Cubase 4, probably Live 7, probably an Ableton slicer, probably the KLC DE and maybe some other stuff if it'll be worth it (Trilogy ?)...

...hmm, I'm gonna be so broke for the rest of the year... :roll:

Right now I have no money...

But Fablesounds Broadway Big Band is on my list.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

apart from audio damage's replicant nothing has really caught my eye , a new soundbank for spectrasonics atmosphere would be nice.

I just spend over $3k on a new computer, new LCD monitors, and two DSP cards... but that being said, I'd like to grab at least one of the new East West libraries, anything new by Spectrasonics, FL7 upgrade, maybe Sonar 6.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

DSP cards ? ive 2 UAD-1's and a powercore , the new neve plugins piss me off even though ive got 2 cards if there running at 80% the neve compressor crackles and stutters.

I think this year's money is going mostly towards hardware for me [computer upgrade, new speakers, new amp and a few other things].

Software is limited to $1500 or so.
1. TruePianos
2. Zebra2 [just purchased]
3. Battery3 Upgrade
4. Samplitude

At least that's the wish list so far :)

Looks like a $1,600.00
budget for me.

Mostly harware stuff this year, looking at the
Korg X-50, to sit alongside ( or below ) the Roland
SH-201. As I am going to buy a synth, then I also will
need a two tier keyboard stand. Also I think it is
about time I stop using these computer speakers,
and get myself a set of studio monitor speakers, and
a mixing board.

I will probably have a coupla hundred left over,
so I will probably be getting Rob's Predator, as the
release date will be falling around the time of my
studio upgrade.

Kontakt 3 or Short Circuit 2.

I finished off '06 w/a new Mac Pro. It is so powerful it is off the charts. Logic ALONE, and all of its wonderful instruments is enough to do virtually anything. Throw in my beloved Moog Modular V, AltiVerb, UA610, couple of guitars, and I'm done. My New Years' resolution is to stop chasing the rabbit! So far, so good. I've wasted years of my life learning meaningless software programs and reading manuals. I used to be VERY happy with a Minimoog, ARp2600, and a Tascam 80-8. Now I worry about getting 30 different softsynths to play at once? Just going to make music now. Its all gotten so absurd.

This is not a slam on those who feel the need to spend all of their time (and money) buying all of this stuff, as I did so for many years. Just some sage advice.. make the beautiful music you were put here to create. Truth be told, if you feel you NEED more than one musical instrument to make music, then.. well..

And just to show that I'm as hypocritical as the next guy, I need just one more thing.. LiquidMix!

F*cked for cash, my wife and I have to pay down our debts. But if I could buy something:
  1. An Axiom controller: Control surface! Drum pads! Keyboard. So cool. :D
  2. Any expansions for EZDrummer. Everything they make is sheer perfection.
  3. The mk2 Sonalksis plugins
  4. if that Breverb is as good as it looks, it's mine.
  5. Cubase 4, after they friggin' get their act together.
  6. A better soundcard :x

I picked up a MacBook in the last half of this past year, so I don't forsee any large expenditures this coming year.

But a couple things which I may get at some point:

- Live 6 ?
- a couple inexpensive VSTi's

wish it was a nord G2. I don't have the budget though.

Return to “Instruments”