44%
New
22%
A Shetland
33%

Total votes: 18

RELATED
PRODUCTS

In light of the raft of announcements coming out of the various musics and electronics shows..

Would you Rather have...
Old products that you have grown to love updated into new and exciting improved versions

or

Brand new products that come out of the blue and catch you by suprise?

I voted updated. I'd love to see more synths that have been "polished" - some tweaks to the functionality and gui, but also better documentation/tutorials and more presets.

Wouldn't it be nice for example to have something like synth1 updated with full documentation, tutorials and all the patches made for it (i.e. thousands) built in to a nice browser?

PONY!!! (thanks for the inclusive poll!) :hihi:

ENDING IS BETTER THAN MENDING

Actually I'm between the two and selected shetland.

I'm good either way.

Things built on big ideas, for instance, things like Audiomulch or Bidule or any of the samplers I use, I think always benefit from further refinement, and have gotten better every time they get an update. For example, I did not like Battery at all until v3 came along. I think something like DR-008 would have done nicely with an overhaul. Vaz Modular has gotten better along the way. I'd love to see Ronin revised some day, too.

But then, some things are perfect as they are and I'd rather see what else the dev has in mind. I couldn't imagine an updated Dubstation improving much over the first. I'd rather see Big Tick make something new instead of Rhino v3. &c.

Return to “Instruments”