Does Yamaha make soft synths anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't believe we got this far in the thread and no one's mentioned those Vocaloid VST's with the singing people. They sounded pretty terrible, but they were published under the Yamaha name.

Actually, VOCALOID is a seperate program entirely. The 'vocals' have to be rendered then imported manually don't they? (At least that's the impression I got looking at the product details a while back.) It sounds terrible yeah.. Even a vocoder or vocal morpher can do a better job than that.

asseca: Yeah, if any VSTi works with every MIDI parameter, Sysex will always work as far as I've seen. (Dependent on the host.) I'm wondering though, is it possible to have knobs control a list of selectable controllers rather than pre-setted controllers? (This is to utilize that uh... patch saving feature you have on that thing.)

stuka: Well I don't know what PGP is. Could you clear me up on the details on that?
And well, I can't say any of the XG softsynths available today are an alternative to a Hardware DTM or Keyboard synthesizer (High-end PSR's per se) but in my opinion, for what it has under the hood it's more than enough really. It's too bad the DLL itself restricts from using variation effects and such that's available on proper XG. (No, it's not possible to switch TBL files between the other XG VSTi's. I've already tried that.)

Oh and guys, SGP.DLL patch is out. (older one, requested it for use with the older soundset. Pretty much an XGlite version of S-YXG50 if taken from MidRadio Player 6)

Other news:
Using my EDIROL PCR-M80 USB MIDI Keyboard controller, I noticed using the Coarse/tune knobs (translated as grouped NRPN LSB/MSB+Data Entry controls) the transition of pitch on output acts in realtime on the S-YXG2006LE than the S-YXG50. (The change takes effect on the next Note On.)

PS: Anyone tried S-YXC100 with VL/SG on a Win98 machine? I tried it on Virtual PC and well, let's just say as soon as a SINGLE NOTE hits on a channel using VL/SG synthesis, the Virtual PC hangs. (CPU usage peaks 99% instantly.)

MaliceX wrote:asseca: Yeah, if any VSTi works with every MIDI parameter, Sysex will always work as far as I've seen. (Dependent on the host.) I'm wondering though, is it possible to have knobs control a list of selectable controllers rather than pre-setted controllers? (This is to utilize that uh... patch saving feature you have on that thing.)
I don't exactly understand what you are asking.

ATM the "[SYSEX]"-section of the plugin.ini file can hold up to 250 different SYSEX messages.
Each "control" can have 6 I/O messages assigned to it, these assignments can be saved/retreived either to the plugin.ini file (global) and/or to a preset (patch).
Also all "preset" settings of a part can be saved/retrieved thus building a library of part-settings for e.g. "B4 upper-manual", "Hyper Canvas lower-manual", "Xg-synth pedal", "Revitar/Ravity Upper Manual Split" etc...
So, by changing a preset (via host or MIDI PrgCh) the assignment of any number of controls can change at the same time.

The big problem with mGUI is it is so versatile that is very difficult for me to explain all its capabilities ...
Also have a look at this thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#2427316

Also, when "UsePortExt=1" in e.g. sfz_GUI.ini, and loading up to 7 extra instances of e.g. sfz_GUI, you can create up to 8 assignable MIDI-output-ports inside the host (e.g. VstHost or energyXT) effectively giving you 8*16=128 MIDI-output-channels to control ... :-)

Hey all, I found and downloaded S-YXG2006LE, but when I fired up the Setup application, the dialog boxes were all in gibberish. Is there something I can/have to do to get the Setup program to run in English...?

Hey Malice, I was abbreviating "Portable Grand Piano" 'cause I was heading out the door...sorry for not being clear...

stuka wrote:Hey all, I found and downloaded S-YXG2006LE, but when I fired up the Setup application, the dialog boxes were all in gibberish. Is there something I can/have to do to get the Setup program to run in English...?
All this stuff is in Japanese, so it can't be translated ... ;-)
  • Just press the default button (with the dotted lines, use the spacebar) when asked any Japanese questions.
  • copy the 2 patch files from the patch-ZIP-file to "C:\Program Files\YAMAHA\MidRadio Player\Addins" and run the patch exe file, again press spacebar when asked any Japanese questions.
  • copy the 3 files SGP2.DLL,sxgbnw6l.tbl,sxgdat6l.tbl (or SGP.DLL,sgpbinp1.tbl,sgpdatp0.tbl) to your VST-folder
  • test the DLL file
  • run the Yamaha Midplayer uninstaller and remove any left-over files in the "C:\Program Files\YAMAHA\MidRadio Player" folder

Don't forget the patches. Don't forget the patches!
http://gocha.s151.xrea.com/page/Tools.html

The SGP2 one would be what you'll want.
The exact bank/patch change of the Portable Grand Piano as in a PSR keyboard, the exact sound is found in Bank LSB 112 patch 0, if I hadn't said it clear enough already. (You will notice a subtle difference between the normal one and that. This one is better.) Remember, you will only be able to make changes via MIDI messages alone. No GUI. (Of course you could try setting it up with asseca's mGUI thingy.)

asseca: I think I'll be quiet and just have a look at the thread during the course of development. Make things easier. :)

MaliceX wrote:asseca: I think I'll be quiet and just have a look at the thread during the course of development. Make things easier. :)
actually I would really appreciate your (and other users') feedback ... ;-)

Have you looked at "sfz" and "organ" ?? see http://asseca.com/wiki/MGUI

You should be aware that the SYXG100PVL uses a lot of 'juice' when VL is fully utilized.You need a 1GHz CPU to run it in a _real_ Win98 OS environment.

BTW,what are those Cherry expansion/TMIDI modification patches for?

I browsed through the MGUI page and the wiki,but I couldn't find the mGUI_v12.exe file anywhere on that site. :(

softsynth wrote:I browsed through the MGUI page and the wiki,but I couldn't find the mGUI_v12.exe file anywhere on that site. :(
Sorry about that :oops:
http://www.asseca.com/mgui/

asseca wrote:
stuka wrote:Hey all, I found and downloaded S-YXG2006LE, but when I fired up the Setup application, the dialog boxes were all in gibberish. Is there something I can/have to do to get the Setup program to run in English...?
All this stuff is in Japanese, so it can't be translated ... ;-)
  • Just press the default button (with the dotted lines, use the spacebar) when asked any Japanese questions.
  • copy the 2 patch files from the patch-ZIP-file to "C:\Program Files\YAMAHA\MidRadio Player\Addins" and run the patch exe file, again press spacebar when asked any Japanese questions.
  • copy the 3 files SGP2.DLL,sxgbnw6l.tbl,sxgdat6l.tbl (or SGP.DLL,sgpbinp1.tbl,sgpdatp0.tbl) to your VST-folder
  • test the DLL file
  • run the Yamaha Midplayer uninstaller and remove any left-over files in the "C:\Program Files\YAMAHA\MidRadio Player" folder
The 'gibberish' text can be shown by Windows if you set your OS right [you just need some Japanese friend to translate it for you] ;)

...or if you know what you're doing ,you just need to extract the files from the .exe without installing the program.

softsynth wrote:
asseca wrote: ...or if you know what you're doing ,you just need to extract the files from the .exe without installing the program.
I'm game, is this something you could walk me through...?

I googled 'Casio SW-10" but couldn't find anything of note. Does anybody have more info (i.e. like where i can get it, by chance)

Yeah. It's no longer in the web. And the latest version of CASIO's MIDI Karaoke program no longer comes with it. (since 1999) Thanks to archive.org someone was able to obtain this for me. I re-packaged this to work with just the driver installation. (In other words, it's extremely rare.)

http://rapidshare.com/files/21410321/CA ... _.zip.html

Works in Win98 only. Virtual PC can run it perfectly fine.

Info? The only thing you should know is, if you own a CASIO CTK-571 and hooked it onto your computer, you'll realize it's practically the same thing. (EDIT: Yep indeed it is.) Don't let the driver filenames fool ya. It's not what you think it is. ;)

stuka: Sent PM. Read.

Thanks a lot for the link!

Return to “Instruments”