Does Yamaha make soft synths anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi everyone, i am new in this forum, if i did something wrong in posting please correct me. i am quite new to MIDI file, but recently i got my drum lesson from Yamaha School in Midi Format. My tutor used a Portable Grand DGX-505 to play the midi file and the sound is right. when i play in my computer, the sound is TERRIBLE. i am using Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card. May i know what can i do to improve the Midi sound quality? cause i can't even hear drum sound while playing the midi. while when played in DGX-505, it sound just right. anyone plese help me. appreciate that help alot!

cruidi wrote:hi everyone, i am new in this forum, if i did something wrong in posting please correct me. i am quite new to MIDI file, but recently i got my drum lesson from Yamaha School in Midi Format. My tutor used a Portable Grand DGX-505 to play the midi file and the sound is right. when i play in my computer, the sound is TERRIBLE. i am using Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card. May i know what can i do to improve the Midi sound quality? cause i can't even hear drum sound while playing the midi. while when played in DGX-505, it sound just right. anyone plese help me. appreciate that help alot!
I think the default soundset of your ZS card can be changed in windoze control panel...Yamaha have a great sound in the DGX, (optimixed XG)so download for example,
FluidR3 GM.SF2 (about 68 megs)
or another high quality General Midi soundfont...google for download sites like hammersound...
maybe someone here knows a vst General Midi synth that will show up in the midi part of windoze, or use tobybears Minihost, and Asio4All to bypass all that control panel stuff.
Maybe try a new topic 'Need General Midi for lessons' to attract more focussed replies, after using the search function here. Welcome to KVR

thanks for the advice. but where can i actually get FLUIDR3 GM.SF2? i will post in a new topic.thanks alot.

i got the bank already, downloading, will see how to install later :p

Back to the Yamaha S-YXG100 soft synth, where can i find the VL and SG plug-ins? The first one, VL, provides capabilities of the Yamaha VL1 physical modelling synth. I'm NOT sure what the SG plug-in is/does i just saw a pic of it in the help file.

I just got the S-YXG100plus working on my spare PC. Great sounding thing it is. Also, thanks to certain japanese blogs and the WayBack Machine (as well as WinHex for fixing the zero-byte-at-end-of-file omitting bug), I managed to get my hands on the PolyVL trial installation!

If you're still interested seskanda, PM me.

MaliceX wrote:I just got the S-YXG100plus working on my spare PC. Great sounding thing it is. Also, thanks to certain japanese blogs and the WayBack Machine (as well as WinHex for fixing the zero-byte-at-end-of-file omitting bug), I managed to get my hands on the PolyVL trial installation!

what is the latency associated with this softsynth?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

MaliceX wrote:I just got the S-YXG100plus working on my spare PC. Great sounding thing it is. Also, thanks to certain japanese blogs and the S-YXG100plus (as well as WinHex for fixing the zero-byte-at-end-of-file omitting bug), I managed to get my hands on the PolyVL trial installation!

S-YXG100plus - Trial or full version? Under what OS? 98 or XP? And what are the limitations on the PolyVL Trial? Link?

TIA....CL :oops:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

I'm getting there. Sorry guys, I'm having some issues with the installer; it keeps on crashing on DATA3.CAB on installation on both my virtual and real Win98 machines.

I think there needs to be a way to unpack everything and then reconstruct it with a working installer... Anyone have any ideas?

CapnLockhead: Win95/98 only. Trial version (30-day I assume, haven't installed it yet). I got the other VL version working, but this one I'm having huge issues with the installation process..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s6ecze

If you can get it working, let me know ASAP. I'm asking a friend to help me out on this.

I have 1 yamaha VSTI but is very basic and only makes like square sine sounds. I use YMVst for an old 1980's sound effect. these VSTi's interest me because i played the final fantasy games for years and I really want those dll's! if you guys know of any older vsti's let me know PM me or email me.

thanks again.
:)

-James-

Sorry, wrong topic. Anyway, Chip32, VOPM, Pure6581, ProtoPSG, and Unknown 64 Pro, would satisfy you. However, Oatmeal can do the job.

In other news...
I'm in the process of obtaining an alternative package from someone else. Please hold!

MaliceX wrote:I'm getting there. Sorry guys, I'm having some issues with the installer; it keeps on crashing on DATA3.CAB on installation on both my virtual and real Win98 machines.

I think there needs to be a way to unpack everything and then reconstruct it with a working installer... Anyone have any ideas?

CapnLockhead: Win95/98 only. Trial version (30-day I assume, haven't installed it yet). I got the other VL version working, but this one I'm having huge issues with the installation process..

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s6ecze

If you can get it working, let me know ASAP. I'm asking a friend to help me out on this.
Thanks Malice! No joy here either. I set up a virtual 98SE
installation and I'm having problems with this one too.
Worse still the unsuccessful install left some crap behind
that I can't seem to get rid of. I tried to install the
100plus version and it won't let me do that now either
saying that I've already got the VL installed. I tried
to uninstall the VL and it won't let me do that either.
Tried to do it manually deleting all program files and
reg entries but its still lurking about somewhere.

I'm building a fast real 98 machine to run some other legacy
hardware and software so I'll give it a go on that.

Cheers.....CL :oops:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

No luck here either same trouble as CL, anyway keep 'm coming! :wink:

I also noticed in the readme file it sais it needs DirX 5 or 6..maybe that helps..I had 9c installed on my win98 system.

New link: v1.11 trial.
I would advise all to set the date before 2001 on your Win98 machines. I haven't tested this extensively because I'm trying to get the thing to work by alternative means. (Not like anyone cares, since this ain't being sold anymore anyway.)

I'll give the pleasure of letting someone else test it. Just remember, set date before 2001 or it won't work.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vycjes

Return to “Instruments”