Does Yamaha make soft synths anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

does anyone have the s-yxg100pvl trial?

Actually, Yamaha sells LOTS of soft synths, since they bought Steinberg... they realized that their strength was in research and hardware, and the lads from Germany were more adept at developing software. One of the few acquisitions in the music industry that's made sense in the past 20 years imho :lol: (check Gibson purchase of Opcode, Tascam of Nemesys's Gigasampler, or Sony's purchase of Sonic Foundry's Acid for some NOT so wise purchases).

I have to agree with you on that one.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

The funny thing is that it looked like Yamaha wasn't any interested in selling or promoting their S-YXG soft-rompler. It sounded really good compared to Wingroove & that Roland VSC, but you had to look for it deep inside some weird japanese-only page??

I also seem to remember one of them was supposedly compatible with DirectX's DirectMIDI, no? I don't think it ever worked here. And may DirectMIDI R.I.P., guilty of being born way too late.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

I found the files for polyphonic s-yxg100 on a japanese website. I used the same method MaliceX did, with wayback internet archive. It must have taken me 5 hours to find it. all the files were corrupted so i used a trial for zip repair application to fix the files! So far i can see that 4 or more VL tracks are allowed simultaneously. they are all polyphonic tracks as well.

[link for yamaha-s-yxg100pvl in english was here]

let me know if this file works. ENJOY :D

edit:

on second thought, the english patch i got was from a site that many people might frown upon. (it also disables the trial) :( . So pm if you want the link to the file.

God this synth is AWESOME!!!

The system takes the exiting S-YXG50 engine and adds 256 preset VL voices conforming to the VL/XG spec of the VL70m. It also combines the Voice mode programmability and parameters of the VL70m. A full overview of this can be found on the VL70m page in yamahasynth.com, along with some of the editing software.
- www.yamaha.co.uk [2001]

according to documents from yamaha, s-yxg100pvl should allow the editing of vl voices and assignment of parameters with one of the plugins that is installed (VA-XG i think its called). i cannot figure out how to do this though. If someone figures it out please PM me.[/quote]"The system takes the exiting S-YXG50 engine and adds 256 preset VL voices conforming to the VL/XG spec of the VL70m. It also combines the Voice mode programmability and parameters of the VL70m. A full overview of this can be found on the VL70m page in yamahasynth.com, along with some of the editing software."

according to japanese documents from yamaha, s-yxg100pvl should allow the editing of vl voices and assignment of parameters with one of the plugins that is installed (VA-XG i think its called). i cannot figure out how to do this though. If someone figures it out please PM me.

actual product specs

-------------------------

■ XG corresponding plug-in

XG compatible with plug-in, PCM sound system AWM <S-YXG100 V1.0> more than a pipe BACHARUAKOSUTIKKU to play stringed instruments in real <S-PLG100-VL>, the human voice can be synthesized (※) FORUMANTOSHINGINGU source <S-PLG100-SG> as standard. The sound effects and add new system with the ability to expand.

<S-PLG100-SG> The tone for the synthesis of a separate XGworks (lite) and SG Easy Editor is required.

■ sound of voices 130

All voices sound system with a total of 130 sound, and play up to 16 part-timers.

■ 3 blocks of digital effects and a built-in filter

<S-YXG100 V1.0> the 676 drums +21 tone, <S-PLG100-VL> stringed instruments such as the 256 real tube tone, <S-PLG100-SG> the male / female / 72, including chorus sounds A total of 1025 built-in sound. 3 blocks built-in filters and digital effects.

■ 60 songs in MIDI data

60 tracks of MIDI data, SG instrument four songs, VL instrument attached to the 13 songs.

■ XGstudio Mixer

Arrange smart functions. Just click on the button to change the composition of the musical instruments and effects. The "XGstudio Mixer", and the volume of each part of the localization of sound, effects such as control and also mixing freely.

■ support DAIREKUTOSAUNDO

DAIREKUTOSAUNDO respond. The latest software is a captivating sound. The shortest reaction time = 80 ms pronounce the realization of high-speed playback.

----
requirements

Sound system AWM (wave table synthesis)

The maximum number of voices Sound 128 (CPU performance dependent)

The number of part-time play Part 16

Number of sound 676 drum kit sound +21 / SFX kit (XG mode: 480 drum kit sound +11 / SFX kit)

Music mode XG/TG300B

Sampling Rate 44.1KHz/22.05KHz/11.025KHz

Output 16-bit stereo

Effects 3 sets (× 11 type reverb, chorus × 11 type, type variations × 43)

Sound system Instrument BACHARUAKOSUTIKKU

The maximum number of voices 1 sound

The number of part-time play Part 1

Number of sound 256 tones

Sound system Instrument FORUMANTOSHINGINGU

The maximum number of voices 1 sound

The number of part-time play Part 1

Number of sound 72 sound

■ Requirements

Supported OS Windows Me/98/95

CPU <Basic operating environment>
(S-YXG100 V1.0 used independently)
Intel Pentium (Celeron containing) -166 MHz, AMD K6-2-266MHz or more

<S-PLG100-SG使用時>
Intel MMX Pentium (Celeron including), AMD K6-2-266MHz or higher (* 1)

SG <S-PLG100-VL使用時(との併用も含む)>
Intel Pentium II (Celeron including) -266 MHz (* 2) or more

Please note:
※ SG / VL instruments, respectively (*) (* 2) does not work for non-CPU design is not installed.

※ AMD Athlon / Duron 500MHz or more machines in the CPU, S-PLG100-VL (VL plug-ins) installation and data available to play up the data for this distribution.

※ All other CPU in the operation is not guaranteed.

Sound capabilities ※ DAIREKUTOSAUNDO Ver.5.0 features 16-bit stereo sound and later (Ver.5.2 recommended)

-----------------------

for those of you who never studied japanese: dairekutosaundo is japanese for directsound :/ i guess the google translator does not convert katakana.

FORUMANTOSHINGINGU = formant singing;

BACHARUAKOSUTIKKU = virtual acoustic. :)

Time to awake this beast from the grave, but the XG plugin I was talking about is released!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

MaliceX wrote:New link: v1.11 trial.
I would advise all to set the date before 2001 on your Win98 machines. I haven't tested this extensively because I'm trying to get the thing to work by alternative means. (Not like anyone cares, since this ain't being sold anymore anyway.)

I'll give the pleasure of letting someone else test it. Just remember, set date before 2001 or it won't work.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vycjes
The link to v1.11 is no longer working. However, I've found S-YXG100 Plus v1.12.15 (demo) version here.

Latest version of S-YXG50 V3.x demo for Win95/98/ME that I know of was v3.11.78 Legacy. For S-YXG50 V4.x demo for Win2000/XP/2003, latest version is v4.21.03 WDM.

Another defunct and shortlived softsynth that I used that nobody else mentioned in this thread was COWON Jet-MIDI.

softsynth wrote: S-YXG50 NT does work on XP.
not exactly, softsynth. The S-YXG50NT v3.x drivers do NOT work under WinXP and can crash an XP system. Read MS support KB article 311395 for the details.

Only S-YXG50 WDM v4.x works with Windows 2000 & XP. S-YXG50NT v3.x runs well only under Windows NT4.

Please where can i find S-YXG100 PVL with English patch?

Has somebody checked this S-YXG1000PVL on a Win98 pc or the patch is only working for paralel (Win98 partition on a WinXP pc)? I found the files that are "around the internet" and cannot get it work on a dedicated PC.

BTW, I use that PC via MIDIoverLAN for my Korg Oasys PCI card without problems.
B Cool!

gord128 wrote:Please where can i find S-YXG100 PVL with English patch?
look harder. google some more and...

I found a neat trick with the S-YXG50 WDM v4 software for Win2000/XP. You can make the S-YXG50 WDM control panel choose between two different wavetable sound sets.
In order to do this, you need to have the four wavetable soundbank files (sxgbin21.tbl, sxgbin41.tbl, sxgwave2.tbl & sxgwave4.tbl) stored in the \windows\system32\ folder or \winnt\system32\ folder. If you're missing the other set of wavetable soundbank files, just extract them from another S-YXG50 package onto the \system32\ folder. Once all 4 files are there, open the XG Synth Driver control panel [sxgmacpl.cpl] and click on the Detailed Settings tab. The wavetable size options (2Mb and 4Mb) should now appear. Make your selection, click OK and then restart the computer for the new wavetable soundset files to be loaded by the S-YXG50 WDM driver.
More on that tip here:
http://www.vgmusic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 9&start=15

Now doing that under the S-YXG50/S-YXG100 softsynths for win9x is a bit tougher since I think the sxgma.ini file placed in the \windows\ folder needs to be edited, which contains the "waveset" settings and still requires the four wavetable soundset files. There's no control panel option (like with S-YXG70 for win9x) to choose different wavetable soundsets in S-YXG50/S-YXG100 for Win95/98/ME.

asseca wrote:Hi MaliceX,

Thanks for the tip about the S-YXG2006LE, works perfect with XGedit95 and the mGUI sfz-mgui in VstHost and my own little asHost ... :D
After patching the SGP2.dll, and copied SGP2.DLL,sxgbnw6l.tbl and sxgdat6l.tbl to the VST folder, I could remove the MIDplayer completely from my system ... :)

At last I have a SYSEX testbed for mGUI which already supports SYSEX controls ... :wink:

Thanks SoftSynth for maintaining the Yamaha SoftSynths list :)

Stuka, VstHost and S-YXG2006LE are free, so just try it on your win98 machine, another good GM2 plugin with good piano is Edirol's Hyper Canvas, which I managed to buy new for € 45 a few months ago on eBay. What I like about Hyper Canvas is the "Character" control which kind of morhps between 2 soundsets ... :love:
Hey, i'm having a lot of trouble here. I'm trying to get the S-YXG2006LE to work with XGedit95 with no luck. My goal is to use XGedit95 to change patches and edit them because it seems XGedit95 is the only place I can get patch names, please correct me if I'm wrong. If there is a easier way to get the patch names into VSTHost I would like to be able to do that or if there is a similar low profile host I could do it with. I'm also using the MGUI / SGP2 wrapper/gui in VSTHost for the S-YXG2006LE. I've tried picking ever single synth in XGedit95 and none of them have worked. I seems XGedit95 is not recognizing the S-YXG2006LE. The VSTHost has a midi output called Session 1. I tried using that as the input in XGedit95 to no avail. Please help, i'd like to get this to work so I can play my old sequences I used to do on my PSR keyboard. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Instruments”