Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
dreaddd
KVRAF

3490 posts since 28 Jun, 2004, from Venezia - Italy

Postby dreaddd; Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:44 pm

Niall your plugins are a breath of creative air ...i have no practical use for many of them in my kinda sound, i use only some of them , but i had always loads of fun tweaking them even only loading them and then torturing knobs :D
my fave ndc's so far : Reversinator, Temposyncreverser and Feedback-y thing...i had fun also with the Buffer synths family and i CANT wait to use in a track Stretchandsquash after tweaking it a small while in cantabile on break loops
cant wait to start trying this new NUsoftndcPlugs venture..big up Luigi too ;)
i would love to see a further NS-ndc venture in a complex delay with filters, seeing your delay plugs and the ones by NuSofting :D

Peace
www (dot) dubadelica (dot) com
Food for woofers since 1996
edoosx
KVRist

282 posts since 23 Feb, 2005, from Berlin, Germany

Postby edoosx; Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:45 pm

i like Reversinator, Temposyncreverser and Feedback-y thing too.
unfortunately there is a problem with the gui of Feedback-y thing (under OSX), the controls are blocked, inside Logic i can swith from editor mode to controls mode, then i can move the sliders. uhm... strange...
dreaddd
KVRAF

3490 posts since 28 Jun, 2004, from Venezia - Italy

Postby dreaddd; Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:48 pm

mmm as far as i see on the win version its working quite fine, so i guess once again its only OSX related...
www (dot) dubadelica (dot) com
Food for woofers since 1996
edoosx
KVRist

282 posts since 23 Feb, 2005, from Berlin, Germany

Postby edoosx; Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:40 am

as usual...
wakax
KVRAF

1773 posts since 21 Mar, 2002, from Timisoara, Romania

Postby wakax; Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:56 am

thanks ! great one.
any chance for a good osx build ?
NiallM
KVRist

362 posts since 11 Sep, 2002, from Scotland

Postby NiallM; Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:05 am

liqih wrote:Thanks to you Niall for the ideas, <grin>

and I will send you the source too if you like,

Oh, I'm easy either way - it's not a GPL-style license, so you don't have to if you don't want to.

edoosx wrote:unfortunately there is a problem with the gui of Feedback-y thing (under OSX), the controls are blocked, inside Logic i can swith from editor mode to controls mode, then i can move the sliders. uhm... strange...

That's really strange - the gui code's absolutely basic, and it's VSTGUI, so it'll be the same code used in, well, the majority of VST plugins, I think. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Logic to test with - I thought it was limited to AudioUnits anyway?

wakax wrote:thanks ! great one.
any chance for a good osx build ?

Not from me - I've stopped releasing OSX versions until (if) I upgrade my version of OSX (10.3) to one which can build universal binaries (>=10.4).

- Niall.
Vonbrucken
KVRAF

3546 posts since 26 Feb, 2004, from Paris (france)

Postby Vonbrucken; Tue May 01, 2007 5:44 am

hum nice sound but would it be possible to have a standard GUI in fl Studio 7 here is the screen i have
the only control that i can have seems to be when i right click on the screen it is changing the color from grey to blue !
when i click on the left the color is changing to black but as soon as i leave the mouse it is getting to grey again .
Now when i browse the parameters it seems that only two parameters working
am i mmissing something ?
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany
NiallM
KVRist

362 posts since 11 Sep, 2002, from Scotland

Postby NiallM; Wed May 02, 2007 1:58 am

Vonbrucken wrote:hum nice sound but would it be possible to have a standard GUI in fl Studio 7 here is the screen i have
the only control that i can have seems to be when i right click on the screen it is changing the color from grey to blue !
when i click on the left the color is changing to black but as soon as i leave the mouse it is getting to grey again .
Now when i browse the parameters it seems that only two parameters working
am i mmissing something ?

I think you've maybe got a graphics card issue - there shouldn't be two lines there. Both my original BrushStrokes and Luigi's BrushStrokix work fine for me in the fl demo. Your problem's probably related to the fact that the plugins use OpenGL for the gui.

For an explanation of the original plugin (which more or less applies to BrushStrokix too), see my original post. A 'standard' gui (I presume you mean sliders and knobs?) would defeat the purpose of the whole thing - it relies on the 2d motion of the line to generate the sound, and my own aim (somewhat subverted by Luigi's addition of brownian motion :wink:) was to link gesture, sound and visuals to create an audiovisual instrument, rather than a purely musical one.

(and the reason you only see 2 parameters in the parameter list is because there are only 2 parameters - the x- and y-axis positions of the mouse in the gui)

- Niall.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments