black metal/death metal vst instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know where to find some cool like vocal choir sounds, really dark stuff

ive been having trouble finding any

cheers

check out Corpse deathtable synthesizer from Satan Instruments :)
Favourite movie: Borat

legend, cheers

old wavetable synthesizers like wavestaion legacy ?

wouldnt happen to know where i can pick that up would you?
searched around, and even google searched
still got nothing

any help?

im pretty new to this ey

Then you should search for some free stuff. Try "synth 1" . Free synthesizer. Good for horrible sounds :)

bjarnenorheim obviously doesnt like death/black metal and is just being rude.

@bassman00 - if you want choir sounds, you might want to look into EWQL Symphonic Choirs.
It's pricey, but you gave no price range. A mellotron emulator ( like Nanotron or Mellowsound ) would be a nice addition as well.

lateralus, someone i can trust, a tool fan!
cheers man.

anything available for free download?
wouldnt mind trying some things out right now! haha

I came from a similar musical background....I used to be into Cradle of Filth, My Dying Bride, etc.
Death and Black Metal bands with keyboard atmospherics. The best advice I can give you is that you'll probably want to use a sampler and not really a synth. As far as samples go, Bela D Media has excellent children's choirs and female operatic vocals. Origin from Ilio would be a good choice as well, providing an all-around source of dark and ancient instruments, including some vocals.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

legendary
thats exactly the stuff im looking for
cheers mate

Maybe you would want to try this:

http://www.rgcaudio.com/sfz.htm

and get soundfonts for it here:

http://www.hammersound.net/
(go to "sounds", then "soundfont library", "ensembles", and look for "Flobakks Choir" or "Boy Choir".)

With enough effects, i'm sure the choir sounds would suit nicely. When i think atmospheric black metal, i'm thinking of "Filosofem" era Burzum, Absonus Noctis, or The New Celtic Frost. So that's what's in my head. And yes, I'm a huge fan of "Lateralus" by Tool. It's my favorite album of all time... an absolute masterpiece in every way. :D

Maybe the Tesseract add-on if you have Wusikstation? Lots of very dark sounds in there!
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Any dry guitar soundfont, and a plugin like Extremist will give you best results.

My vote goes to sampling. If you get a halfway decent vocal sample you can layer it with some real resonant tones that will blend with it, throw low pass filters on.

I'd get some strings and pianos too (samples and vst's). I haven't heard much black metal, but I do remember from what I heard they do real dark cinematic intros.
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
-Richard M. Nixon
www.myspace.com/pmf

Return to “Instruments”