Atlantis Rocks

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thing is really really nice. Fairly light on the CPU, very flexible, great 'surge-esque' modulation scheme. I'm digging it.

My only gripes so far, it dumps all it's logs and ini files into my root (ok c:\chips but still annoying probably even a road block for people without c:) to load waveforms they have to be put here too.

if the developer is around, some bugs I noticed: nutty CPU spikes with some of the shaper modes, denormals with the filterbank effect versions.

hopefully development continues and we see these issues and bugs sorted out.

Danm! you're going to see Air? I wish I've known about it.

anyway, yes this seriously rox. this is a great week for new synth. Helix and now this.

Some tips I noticed not in the docs:

-Right click a slider to set the range for modulation

-shift click to reset slider

-Click the red box in the corner of a display to activate it (modulation inputs are like this as well as effects and wave forms)

-The delay is a 4 tap ping-pong delay with time set by the 4 values you can drag on.

-Right click delay display to set *rotation*?

-Add single cycle waves to C:/chips to access them as oscillators

-width is like PW in that it will change the center of a cycle so that the first 50% of a cycle could take only 5% of the time for instance

Dozius wrote:My only gripes so far, it dumps all it's logs and ini files into my root (ok c:\chips but still annoying probably even a road block for people without c:) to load waveforms they have to be put here too.
I agree

+1000 :hyper:
and with some more wavetables that you can find on the novakill/orion webpage....it's a real beast!!!!!

For Presets just use the Random Button. It's got a very good Randomization Engine.

I tried it out, and it does rock....the many filter type and shaping options are very cool. :D It does nice bass with ease too.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll forever bow down in respect before any developper who releases such high quality stuff as freeware.
Nuff said.

disturb wrote:I'll forever bow down in respect before any developper who releases such high quality stuff as freeware.
Nuff said.
That can't be good for your posture.

I tried it out too, agreed, it seems pretty good :) - but unless it is updated to enable it to be installed in it's own directory, I will probably remove it - no matter how good it is.

Simple fact is, for me to manage my vst's, I must know where they are, and what directories etc they use.

I've only just got used to Rapture shoving stuff into my 'documents and settings' directory, I am not going to start sticking stuff into the 'root' directory aswell. :x

Most installers nowadays will allow the user to choose the folder - other than c:\

Sorry for the negative post, just seems like people forget the basics sometimes.
Thought :shock: - I'll bet he has all his wav files in C:\Chips and his program in C:\Atlantis.dll :roll: :wink:

Still - Hopefully it may all change :shrug:

AWESOME NEW SYNTH...

Though I have to agree that it needs to be well-behaved about where it puts its files. Also-- I'm getting some of the same denormal behaviors. (eXT 1.4)
FREE MUSIC NO MONEY DOWN
http://joeyhoney.blogspot.com/

D@mn, this synth is awesome. In a matter of minutes just by messing with the randomize button I was able to come up with a usable Hardstyle Hoover type lead.

Check it out:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/hard-style- ... d-mp3.html

8)

Take that TechnoBoy! :hihi:

sweet_trip wrote:Danm! you're going to see Air? I wish I've known about it.

anyway, yes this seriously rox. this is a great week for new synth. Helix and now this.
And free... :) Helix rocks too.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Just when I thought I had my plugin folder rationalised and was about to lock it down... :D

Nice sounds indeed, particularly like some of the noisier tones you can coax from it. And the randomise features are great, maybe even more fun than Oatmeals... :)

.g

wow, sweet flexible shape toy ;) ...nice works...thx

tro

Return to “Instruments”