Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dwozzle wrote:
Even better, there was a short period where most or all of his stuff was free:
http://web.archive.org/web/200611272131 ... nubi3.com/

I'm sure they don't want tons of people downloading from there, but I doubt anyone else has the right to host the files, so I don't know what else to do.
If you want to get technical about it, even they don't have the right to host the files either and they will, upon request, remove any archive of any site if you can prove that you owned the domain at the time the site was archived. I know as I have had them remove an archive of one of my old domains that had some personal pictures on that served nobody other than "internet history", which is overrated for that sort of thing. They also respect robots.txt so if you want them to archive your site, but not your downloads, it's not all that difficult to setup.

I get it that it's not in the interest of the average reader of this thread that devs know this, but, I think that it's important to state that there are no official "archive" rights owned by anyone else and that, AFAIK, they are operating under a fair use assumption but will respond to any request in favor of the rights holder.

Is Refx TBL(or Beast) available anywhere?
I think I might write to Refx and ask to buy a copy-
but thought it no harm to ask for a low down.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to KVR and ran upon this thread looking for some old VST's. I was hoping someone could re-post the !jDevelopment synths (Freesonic , Rebel , Ninja ,Klangformer). Thanks in advance.

anyone have this ? Twelve Stone; http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/h ... dit-28329/

As for the !jDevelopment synths, I see that they have recently removed the last remaining download link from the web.archive, so it would appear they don't want anything redistributed. {neat tie in with the post by ghettosynth above]

nix808, Beast was never released free as far as I can tell, but the demo is still available on the web.archive. A couple of years I wanted to let Refx know of a site that had cunningly disguised a crack of theirs but it was so difficult to get in touch, I never did.

GCLB wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm new to KVR and ran upon this thread looking for some old VST's. I was hoping someone could re-post the !jDevelopment synths (Freesonic , Rebel , Ninja ,Klangformer). Thanks in advance.
i don't have klangformer but i have the other's freesonic is 2 plugins, so if you private message me, i can send, but it's prohibited to distribution !J Development plugins

syntheticillusion wrote:
GCLB wrote:Hello Everyone,

i don't have klangformer but i have the other's freesonic is 2 plugins, so if you private message me, i can send, but it's prohibited to distribution !J Development plugins

Thanks syntheticillusion. I sent you a PM

bob bobwood wrote:anyone have this ? Twelve Stone; http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/h ... dit-28329/

As for the !jDevelopment synths, I see that they have recently removed the last remaining download link from the web.archive, so it would appear they don't want anything redistributed. {neat tie in with the post by ghettosynth above]

nix808, Beast was never released free as far as I can tell, but the demo is still available on the web.archive. A couple of years I wanted to let Refx know of a site that had cunningly disguised a crack of theirs but it was so difficult to get in touch, I never did.
Thanks for the update, I didn't know that about !jDevelopment synths

how come companies like Behringer can bundle freeware plugins into packs
and redistribute them as if they are part of their product, in a download
from their site? is this just because licenses(lack of?) do not prohibit this?

they remain authors' work and property - does a lack of license terms
allow corporate entities to acquire them like this without A/ requesting
permission B/ making some offer of remuneration? are there not basic
rules governing authorship in Europe/USA ( don't know about other regions,
bootlegging and copyright breach are commonplace and tolerated in many
countries ).

in all the descriptions at online shops, there are misleading descriptions
suggesting at first glance that the product is bundled with software and
plugins, as if behringer were providing them - someone with a less than
sharp eye mght think (and it does initially read as if) that the plugins
originate from the manufacturer.

i'll have to download this and see what's in it, as we no doubt have them
all anyway here. but there seems to be a bit of rape and pillage of
author's de facto copyright going on.

nb: if there is no license bundled, it doesn't mean there isn't one. it is
the same as with sampling: just because a section of audio doesn't have
a license, doesn't mean you can use it. if it is published previously, that
should establish precedent. (i think..)

there's a difference between bods grabbing downloads and corporate
entities exploiting them without rewarding the authors.
whatever: just saying...they could at least list the contents of the pack
and credit, which is often a requirement anyway. have not checked the
pack, and it is quite possible behringer would have contacted these authors.

mztk wrote:how come companies like Behringer can bundle freeware plugins into packs
and redistribute them as if they are part of their product, in a download
from their site? is this just because licenses(lack of?) do not prohibit this?
Can you provide a link please?

here's the list of instrument download zip files on Behringer site. Couldn't open the Win_All pack though I tried everything but uniextract.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NhJ ... edit?pli=1

I came across these on another site a while ago, but I forget which. However IIRC it was another big commercial software vendor. Perhaps there was a third party that put this together and had a deal going on. Only a guess though.

Holy... AMVST, GTG, HG Fortune, G200Kg, Kong Audio, Acquit Music, Ugo...a lot of those plugins are old & not available anymore from their devs (or other freeware soruces)... gotta love Behringer and their "strategies" (not)...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Love their disclaimer

XENYX/U-Control Downloads
Yes! These software are strictly for personal use and not to be used for any commercial endeavour by end users.
Any commercial users of the software are required to enter into a separate licensing agreement with the licensor.

Do they really think that's going to happen :o
Maybe it could be applied to other media like here's a movie download but if you intend to watch it please contact the film company and make an arrangement for remuneration :lol:

These are not recent additions to the Behringer site, they have been on their site for a number of years now, though previously you could download individual items [possibly under the same terms].

Return to “Instruments”