Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tERMoBLUe wrote:Image
If in need of a screenshot of ALARM here is one from back in '07

spacedad wrote:hmm,you don't need a key,it's a free version.did you choose the first 1. install option? that should install to your x86program files folder,then copy the vst to your vst folder.

ok' here is the thing

I chose the 1st option and installed it, when i tried to load it on cubase i got messgae about "Wrong Validation Key!"

when i tried to launch it throu the start menu outside of cubase it worked...

I uninstalled it and tried to install choosing the 2nd option to install it inside your host, but when i tried it i got this message: Hercs not installed (or something like this)

then i tried to install the software (1st option) and then chose the 2nd option and it worked :party:

so thanks a lot, I get so much joy using old vsts, and see this old software making nice sounds which i can use :phones:
ImageImageImage

@baba;cool,glad it's working.
@numanoid;ta for pic.it's has some great old skool presets on it.

Numanoid wrote: There must have been some cross-pollination between IL and Synapse in the past, because both FL Studio and Orion also contains the Wasp synth: Wasp MK-V in Orion and Wasp XT in FL Studio
Heh, yeah, possibly :) Weird, anyway :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

well I tried to make some nice sounds with HERCS ALARM, to be honest its incredebly limited, and also it made my cubase crash really fast after i launched it, also every few minutes its reset it self to the last preset...i liked how it looked but really makes a lot of problems...
ImageImageImage

Herc's Alarm is very problematic, the dev was going to remake it but then just kind of stopped talking.

I had to keep the standalone in the same folder as the vst, and load it in a vst subhost. But it sounds cool, the presets captured what it's good for.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:Herc's Alarm is very problematic, the dev was going to remake it but then just kind of stopped talking.

I had to keep the standalone in the same folder as the vst, and load it in a vst subhost. But it sounds cool, the presets captured what it's good for.

what do you mean by that? I`m not sure I understand you...what do you mean by VST SUBHOST (can you recommend any?) :help:

by the way, is there a way to load VST throghu VST loader (or something like that) that will run under cubase...the idea is to

Cubase

VST (software which will launch vst)

VST

strange idea i know :scared: ...but maybe this way only the vst loader will crash and not CUBASE ITSELF...
ImageImageImage

it seems stable in energyXT1.4

spacedad wrote:it seems stable in energyXT1.4

Thank you :tu: what a cool idea

I will try it today and update you if its stable...will be great to used old and unstable vst and make some nice sounds with it :clown:
ImageImageImage

spacedad wrote:it seems stable in energyXT1.4
Hello again :ud:

Well thank very much for the advice about energyXT1.4, Really made me happy to see Hercs Alarm working there :party: , its really limited VST but with some effects its possible to make cool sounds with it :clown:

The only thing that its kind of shame is that I couldn`t find a way ro write VST auotomations, with energyXT1....is it even possible?
ImageImageImage

xt have a forum here on kvr.

but all you do it click file,top left on vsti screen,and choose cc map.
then click 'add' and choose a param and give it a number.
then go to your midi track and at the bottom click cc,add cc choose your number,
then hold 'alt' and you can draw curves.
(snap/quantize size makes the interval size)

spacedad wrote:xt have a forum here on kvr.

but all you do it click file,top left on vsti screen,and choose cc map.
then click 'add' and choose a param and give it a number.
then go to your midi track and at the bottom click cc,add cc choose your number,
then hold 'alt' and you can draw curves.
(snap/quantize size makes the interval size)

I asked for help in the xt forum here on kvr...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=401129
ImageImageImage

VSTi's definitely dont go out of date unless they had to be fixed up and improved, like impOSCar or freeware ones. The TS-404 from 1999 is one of the best sounding simple subtractive synths ever, freeware or not

edit
Last edited by mztk on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

tone303 wrote:VSTi's definitely dont go out of date unless they had to be fixed up and improved, like impOSCar or freeware ones. The TS-404 from 1999 is one of the best sounding simple subtractive synths ever, freeware or not
Agree :tu: and its always a good feeling to make nice sounds from an old vst
ImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”