Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I lost track of Opulent Audio bLO-FIsh. I tried "A-Z zillions of links" and archive.org.
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

DrewDale wrote:+1 BlackWinny :tu: Thanks for this.

Edit-
I also have these too (and not on your list)

Alpha-1, (Alpha-juno-1)
LA-Wave 01,
Mini SE, (Mini Moog)
OB-80 v0.3, (Oberheim emulation)
OC=II (Octave Cat emulation)
Pro-DG (Moog Prodigy)
Pro-SE (Another Pro-One emulation)
RU-J60 (Juno 6 / 60 emulation)
Zanna 2
Thanks Drew!
:tu:

They will be added to the bundle at the end of the week. I'll write a post as soon as it is available on my Depositfiles area.

And for everyone... I'm currently thinking of the creation of a website for the collect of all the most difficult findable of all these freeware gems from the past. At us all, I think that we can create very nice collections ordered by developers who have definitively disappeared from the web.
:)

I'm currently comparing the offers of several webhosters...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I lost track of Opulent Audio bLO-FIsh, tenacity and Dirty Girl. I tried "A-Z zillions of links" list and archive.org.
Links provided at http://opulentaudio.blogspot.com are not working.
I found only restricted demo versions of those synths.

Had a pm for opulentaudio sitting there for over two years hoping that he'll read it......
http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?dev=Opulent_Audio

Someone just asked me by PM if I had MAX-EQ, from Angular Momentum. I have it, but of course I have taken the opportunity to upload in my Depositfiles area all my freewares from this company. I have sent him in private the link, but of course it is also the occasion to give you the same link:
http://dfiles.eu/files/nth5atarh

In this zip file you will find all these freewares:
  1. 3-OSC VA
  2. AddTable Synth
  3. Analog Warfare (v1, v2.5, and v3.1) with the bank published at KVR
  4. ClapLab
  5. Double Delay
  6. Freehand Free (with a bank of additional waves)
  7. KarBass
  8. KickLab XL
  9. LFO Filter
  10. MAX-EQ
  11. Retronix
  12. TB-30X
  13. Unifyer
  14. Wavedraw
  15. Some old gems which have totally disappeared from their website:
    1. Unitable Free
    2. Virtuadrum
    3. Virtuadrum 1.2 stereo - multi update
    4. Basdrums (a collection of wav files)
    5. WaveCreator
    6. Trance Gizmo
    7. Some Free Soundfont Banks (format *.sf2)
      1. Angular Gabba Set
      2. Angular House Set
      3. Angular Industrial Set
      4. Angular Jazz1 Set
      5. Angular Jazz2 Set
      6. Angular Jungle Set
      7. Angular Pop1 Set
      8. Angular Pop2 Set
      9. Angular Rave Set
      10. Angular Techno Set
      11. Angular TR-606
      12. Angular TR-808
      13. Angular TR-909
      14. A set of loops (format *.rfl)
        • Angular-Hiphop-Loops

All that is (and was) freewares.

Have fun!
:party:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

bob bobwood wrote:Had a pm for opulentaudio sitting there for over two years hoping that he'll read it......
http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?dev=Opulent_Audio
Thank you very much!
Interesting I found no VST4FREE links while doin initial search in Google...
Last edited by Ranjarresh on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By quick look, Angular Momentum still has most of those on offer at their own website: http://www.amvst.com/

Also note the copyright:
http://www.amvst.com/copyright wrote: Copyright and License

Copyright and License
Although most of our software is freeware, please note the following.

You can use our plugins as a producer in commercial productions without restrictions in any way you see fit, we get asked often. Restrictions only apply to redistribution of the software.

We do, and have licensed websites, magazines and hardware companies to redistribute our plugins, if you are representing, you can request a distribution license. Optional to magazines and companies is a house style themed/custom logo version, free of charge if our software or website is promoted.

You always need a written license from us to redistribute our software, no exceptions.

Sites that distribute software, ridden with advertising and confusing navigation, no need apply, we will always refuse.

VST index sites can request a link back button with the contact form, we thank you for having us indexed.
They got that part in bold on their own site, I hope you have that sorted out. I don't want to sound like a moral police, but BlackWinny, doing what you have been doing so actively lately - apparantly on a very large scale - is really a breach of license terms. Atleast you never mention that you have got the items cleared. This thread has been about sharing odd gems among enthusiasts longer than either of us have been registered here, but you've taken it to a whole new level and I don't think it's entirely positive, or 'in the spirit' of the thread. (and that's just that, my opinion)

For the very old freewares of disappeared companies, there will be no problem.

But you are right concerning these one from Angular Momentum. Thank you for your alert. I'm going to remove this link. No problem, I never do anything illegal as soon as I know that it is illegal.
:tu:

As you can see, as soon as I have read your alert I have removed the link.

And concerning the other links, no, there are no brake of law. This one is even not an exception, simply I hadn't read that mention on their website. Now that you pointed it out, I removed the link. Simply.

Ugo stuff have similar notices, if you bother to read the documentation that come with the software (which are still hosted by the developer). You need an alert to stop large-scale distribution of people's works, who are you, Google? I'm not going to go through the stuff you provide just to provide you alerts (plus there's a good chance I have the stuff from long time). Just keep in mind that freeware != do what the heck you want, there's almost always some license terms that you need to agree with to use the software -- and most plugins are not distributed with licenses permitting redistribution.

Or atleast have the decency to give a working link to the developer's site when they are still up and running when you upload entire portfolios.

In defence to BlackWinny:
I have downloaded long forgotten vst's from his links since I joined here and have had in the zip folder, links to the original forum post (or website if still alive) All of the things I have downloaded from his links have been freeware, I am forever grateful for him sharing his wealth of knowledge and his contribution to the forum (Just the same as all the other helpful people on here) :clap:

I am sure no breach of licencing terms were intentional. And as posted above, BlackWinny has removed the link that was pointed out from your alert. :wink:
:tu: All is good

I fully support BlackWinny. Thanks to his uploads I found real treasures of VST freeware for which I was searching very long without success. I am sure that breach of licensing that happened was unintentional - and it was immediately corrected.

I want to apologize, I was way too harsh in my wording. "He's riding a high horse" is a fitting expression for me. What it boils down to is sharing a wealth of sounds, and anyone can appreciate having odd synthesizers & effects, no denying that. Over the years I think I've uploaded thing or two as well.

I guess that was largely what my irritation was about, the scale. People have been sharing odd thing here and there and eventually the links have become dead, but entire portfolios of stuff that are still online, stuff that can be found by searching for them? I just think it's a bit much. And with old time stuff, there's always a story behind why some plugins are abandoned, like what happened with AlgoMusic.. Even in such a scenario, the plugins don't become public domain. And it really doesn't matter if they're already online somewhere or not. I don't know, BlackWinny, sorry for my overreaction and the drama, it wasn't really called for. Still, do consider this plugin-excavation business is slightly shady in terms of licenses and the developers' wishes for the distribution of their works -- and doing it on large scale isn't much different from just uploading the stuff on some warez site. (Bit exaggarated, but I hope you can find my point somewhere in there.)

Anyways, everyone carry on, I'll step back in to my corner to ride my donkey and feel sorry...

quick question re: the EFM collection: are any of those ones
that kick up demo messages? i would really like a shortlist
collection of ones that don't. i chucked a load into my
VST folder a few years ago and it was unworkable, and
i never got round to sorting out which were the 'good ones'
(i still have the extracted EFM folder somewhere, meaning
to do it..)

mztk wrote:quick question re: the EFM collection: are any of those ones
that kick up demo messages? i would really like a shortlist
collection of ones that don't. i chucked a load into my
VST folder a few years ago and it was unworkable, and
i never got round to sorting out which were the 'good ones'
(i still have the extracted EFM folder somewhere, meaning
to do it..)
I have not had one EFM Vst kick up a demo message, I have had no issue with any of them :)
:tu: All is good

Return to “Instruments”