Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Works on windows 7 (mostly, not all). You can try to unzip, in some cases exe are only for making an archive with dll in it. Have only given a short try so I cant really say which ones work in what way. Maybe weekend I can try some on my win 8 notebook to see if it is a general problem.

I unpacked the iso with the free 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/). Two of the archives were corrupted (sorry, can't recall which), but the rest were okay; all the necessary passwords are provided.

Try a different unzipper like Stuffit Expander etc. Sometimes that works.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

So sorry, although the webpage said the file was complete after downloading in browser, it hadn't transferred properly from opera to the PC. I can confirm all works ok, but a few gave malware warnings. Sorry for interrupting the thread again, but felt this is important.

See attached file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

Schiffbauer wrote: Any problem with that?
I don't have a problem with that: I meant the question seriously.

Philteroid

Philteroid is a dual filter effect, suitable for use on various type of rhythmic sounds (i.e. drums, bass, synth, guitar). Beside pure filter work, Philteroid is also capable of FM, AM and saturation, and can transform plain sound to one with unique character and interesting texture.

Various filter types, from basic (LP, BP, HP, BR) to uncommon ones, can be obtained with filter type blend control and parallel/serial routing of filters. Filters can be synced in eleven predefined harmonic offsets between filter frequencies and modulated internally by audio signal (FM), ADSR envelope, envelope follower, LFO; or trough external input.
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

I don't know if these have been added, but they are exceptional free VSTs

Top notch free VST

For the following files

BootEQ mkII 2.1.1 22.01.2011
EQ & pre-amp simulator – bugfix release

Density mkIII 3.0 26.06.2012
Major mkIII update containing color model and IMD improvements

Rescue MK2 2.1 22.05.2013
Added oversampling and a bugfix for higher S/R support

TesslaSE 1.2.1 Bugfix release

TesslaPRO mkII 2.0 29.11.2012
mkII overhaul featuring stateful saturation and color models

epicVerb 1.5 Major update containing reverb tail improvements plus bugfixes

epicVerb vstpresets – C4/5 vstpresets with different dry/wet mixes – use this when using eV on the insert bus (files provided by susiwong)

ThrillseekerVBL 1.0 01.07.2013
Initial version

FerricTDS 1.5.1 22.01.2011
The winner of the KVR Developer Challenge 2009 – bugfix release

NastyVCS 1.0.1 22.01.2011Virtual Console Strip plug-in – bugfix release

NastyDLA mkII 2.0 11.05.2012
mkII version which contains technical redesign featuring stateful saturation

preFIX 1.0 16.05.2011
Initial release

BaxterEQ 1.0.1 11.04.2012
Includes smaller GUI version now

ThrillseekerLA 1.0.1 14.01.2013
Maintenance release (updated harmonics generation, link algo and revised SC filter)

ThrillseekerXTC 1.0.1 12.01.2013
Bugfix release (memory consumption and stereo width)

SlickHDR

Thanks for the replies. :tu:

bookofthoth wrote:Phuturetone
Those VSTs look beautiful. Thanks for the link. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

hate9 wrote:Out of curiosity, are any of the vsts on the list not made with SynthEdit/SynthMaker?

I too would love to know that

bookofthoth wrote:So sorry, although the webpage said the file was complete after downloading in browser, it hadn't transferred properly from opera to the PC. I can confirm all works ok, but a few gave malware warnings. Sorry for interrupting the thread again, but felt this is important.

See attached file
As far as I am aware it contains only one trojan which is this: as stated by Bob Bobwood in previous post:

Audio HD Live Synfonics (the installer for this is quarantined by McAfee AV) - [W32/Gnamer detected]

malwarebytes anti malware detected the same trojan only, no other malware was detected.

Is Odin a new freebie, or golden oldie?

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... in&id=2518

It is not often older free synths are both 32 and 64 bit

Odin is new.

Numanoid wrote:Is Odin a new freebie, or golden oldie?

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... in&id=2518

It is not often older free synths are both 32 and 64 bit
Awesome little synth! thnx for the tip!

Return to “Instruments”