Tal U-NO-60

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GUI nice, oscillators DO sound raw on Juno-60 (I had one), so sound nice also, filter very good, though the resonance on the original sounds broader and also adds more buzzy brittle to the sound even when cutoff is opened completely, the VCA volume normally adds a bit distortion, one thing that's different though are attack and release, they are too exponential on U-NO, on the juno 60 the attack is a lot smoother, has no accelleration before the peak, the release is also smoother when vanishing to zero (very slowly reaching the zero), the U-NO goes slowly first and then very fast to zero. If I remeber correctly the JU60 also had a switch for manual PWM, not only LFO and ENV, and of course the oh so sweet arpeggiator is missing as badly as the chorus BUT overall the U-NO until now is the best emulation I have heard.

Keep up the good work!

el-folie wrote:GUI nice, oscillators DO sound raw on Juno-60 (I had one), so sound nice also, filter very good, though the resonance on the original sounds broader and also adds more buzzy brittle to the sound even when cutoff is opened completely, the VCA volume normally adds a bit distortion, one thing that's different though are attack and release, they are too exponential on U-NO, on the juno 60 the attack is a lot smoother, has no accelleration before the peak, the release is also smoother when vanishing to zero (very slowly reaching the zero), the U-NO goes slowly first and then very fast to zero.
Thank you for the comment :)
Thats exactly what i observed too. I hope i can improve some things for the next update... especial the broader resonance.
TAL Software GmbH
https://tal-software.com/

Good to hear you share my observations:)

In fact I'll never get over the sale of my JU60 - oh why oh why...
But the prices are ridiculously high for used ones nowadays.

a grüazie in'd schwiez;)

Being very much impressed by the GUI,
I downloaded the vst-i and tried to use it in cubase SX 3.0.
But as soon as I select the U-NO-60 in the VST-i rack,
cubase SX crashes within a few seconds (no sounds
being played, no button being pressed)...

Known problem or am I doing something wrong?

I can't wait for the next release already

djeroen wrote:Being very much impressed by the GUI,
I downloaded the vst-i and tried to use it in cubase SX 3.0.
But as soon as I select the U-NO-60 in the VST-i rack,
cubase SX crashes within a few seconds (no sounds
being played, no button being pressed)...

I have Cubase SX 2.0 and it works fine. I will try to find the problem...
TAL Software GmbH

djeroen wrote:I downloaded the vst-i and tried to use it in cubase SX 3.0. But as soon as I select the U-NO-60 in the VST-i rack, cubase SX crashes within a few seconds (no sounds being played, no button being pressed)...

I have tested it now also in Cubase SX3 and i have no problems. The plugin is also registered with a unique id from Steinberg. There should be no conflicts with other Plugins...

What processor-type have you?
TAL Software GmbH

i know its a lot to program but the more mono and mono legato modes a synth can have the more it rules.

midi learn on everything is great!!

Togu, your vsti's look beautiful, but they are invisible to my system :( They simply do not appear in the vst list...
I have a very old pentium II (I already know the problem is there, right?) and use Cubase 5 vst32, do you have any idea if the problem might be something other than my obsolete technology?

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:Togu, your vsti's look beautiful, but they are invisible to my system :( They simply do not appear in the vst list...
I have a very old pentium II (I already know the problem is there, right?) and use Cubase 5 vst32, do you have any idea if the problem might be something other than my obsolete technology?
The sequencer must support VST 2.3 plugins at least, and the code is compiled for pentium 4 or similar AMD CPU's. Maybe it runs also on a pentium III or II...

I dont know... The problem could be the cpu or the 2.3 vst plugin standard.
TAL Software GmbH

I'm not sure about the 2.3 thing... where do you think I could find this information?
The strange thing is their invisibility... when I try some vst my system doesn't support, either cubase tells me it crashed when I open the program, or the vst just doesn't work. What I find strange here is the fact that it's as if they weren't in the vst folder at all :(
However, don't worry, I know the problem must be in my ancient gear...
Thanks for your answer and thanks again to you and to all devs for your generosity :)

Kjaerhus Audio - Classic Chorus

ToguAudioLine wrote:
djeroen wrote:I downloaded the vst-i and tried to use it in cubase SX 3.0. But as soon as I select the U-NO-60 in the VST-i rack, cubase SX crashes within a few seconds (no sounds being played, no button being pressed)...

I have tested it now also in Cubase SX3 and i have no problems. The plugin is also registered with a unique id from Steinberg. There should be no conflicts with other Plugins...

What processor-type have you?
Amd athlon (pretty old...) may be that's the problem :cry:

mw wrote:Kjaerhus Audio - Classic Chorus
Ooh I have that. Is the Juno's chorus tweakable? Or is it an On/Off thing?

Could someone create a preset for Classic Chorus which emulates the chorus as clsoe as possible?

Jono-60 wrote:
mw wrote:Kjaerhus Audio - Classic Chorus
Ooh I have that. Is the Juno's chorus tweakable? Or is it an On/Off thing?
No.
It has two modes : obvious, and super-obvious ;)
So it has its own sound, and not tweakability (this is why it is part of the Juno's character, and needs to be there in an emulation).

Return to “Instruments”