Here's your chance to win SynthMaster.You have 10% chance :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Have you used SynthMaster yet?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:09 am

What is SynthMaster? Havent heard of it.
22%
Would love to use, but it doesn't run on my Mac yet
2%
Yeah, I used it. It's yet another soft synth.
18%
Yeah, I used it. It's yet another soft synth.
18%
Yes I used it and I really like it.
33%
Yes I used it and would consider purchasing in the future
7%

Total votes: 45

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

In an effort to increase the popularity of SynthMaster, we are starting a new campaign today. All we are asking from you folks is to use SynthMaster and share your experience with the rest of the forum users in this thread.

Once you post a comment and participate in our poll, you will be entered into our drawing. One in every 10 forum users who post comments in this thread will win a SynthMaster licence from us. The drawings will take place weekly, and we will announce the winners here on Sundays. The winners will be PMed regarding their licences.

EDIT:
This campaign will last until August 31th

Have fun with SynthMaster, and best of luck to everyone :)

KV331 Audio

PS: Posting more comments doesn't increase one's chance.
Last edited by kv331 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I liked the possibilities of the thing, but somehow the controlls and the UI felt very convoluted. I miss an answer in the poll that is : I like it, but it is to quirky to be really usefull to me.
Caveat : I generally prefer simpler synths. My favourite and most used is FabFilter One.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

it sounds and looks like an amazing synth, but alas, no mac version.

Very nice work indeed. I think this is unique enough to be more widely recognised. Good luck !
HERCs Music Systems WWW : MySpace page
Abakos PRO: Microtuning for less than pizza !!

I like it, too, but haven't really had a lot of time to dig deep into it. To my ears, a lot of the presents are awash in effects (and the demo limitation leads to a lot of voice-stealing, if I remember correctly), but again, with more time to play around with it, I think I'd really like it.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

synthmaster is a cool synth i love all the waveforms in each oscillator see im a beginner and can only use less than a handful of synths but synth master is one of these synths and i think the computer music review was terrible i mean it doesnt do this synth justice, because he dropped points for the presets changed volume that doesnt change the fact that this is a monster synth go get it,
Last edited by darren cummins on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well...had to go with the third option. Have to agree with Dr'X above. There are just so many soft synths out today that it's difficult even having the time to test them very much. The synth has to stand out very quickly in use to warrant further testing. And I'm not much of a synth programmer, so I look for other people to jump on a synth and make presets available (hopefully for free). The more people making synth presets, the more attention I'll give the synth.

I'm very new to all this synth music creation and I saw a review of SynthMaster in Computer Music. I gave it a go while reading through the manual; which was very insightful for the general theory of sound creation and how to achieve what's in your head with SynthMaster. As soon as I've gathered the cash (which is a VERY reasonable price) I shall be making a purchase unless, of course, I won a copy.

Thank you for reading :-)
The Ukulele: The missing link between music and noise.

I use the free version. There are a few presets that I like. One of the basses and "cliche", few others. SynthMaster sounds "crisper" than the other stuff I use and is nice for faster more upbeat stuff.

I have found synthmaster to be easy to use, have TONS of options and sound creation goodness and decently low on cpu usage. However, most importantly, it has a HUGE sound if you know how to program it. The arps and other tempo synced features are great to make your music move.

Overall, a great analog synth with lots of possibilites.

See my upcoming review of Synthmaster in Wusik Sound Magazine (www.wusik.com) - july or august issue.

Mike

Nice synth,interesting sounds but there are still some bugs to fix :wink:

It seems very versatile. I particularly like its FM E-Pianos. The option of the easy interface page is nice. From what I've heard, it doesn't do anything that any other synths can't do, but it could be a very useful "one stop shop" for a variety of synth sounds.
Alistair

To my surprise, I turned out to be one of the winners of a freebie. And, it wasn't because I was particularly effusive about the synth. :roll:

However, compared to the demos -- which are merely okay -- the synth itself is absolutely amazing!!! :love:

It doesn't include anything fancy in the way of components, so it may not be the kind of product that will appeal to sound designers. But if you're "just a performer" and you like easy-to-use VSTis with great presets, this is the one to beat. Seriously. I've rarely had such a nice surprise, since, oh, Sytrus, maybe? :lol:

The arps and basses are excellent, as are the leads. 8) I think the designers put a hell of a lot of effort into making presets that emulate or resemble sounds we actually often use in pop music, and not worried thmselves overly much about what industrial or ambient players might grab.

Hats off, guys. :hail: This is a very good mid-market, mid-priced, high-quality synthesizer! :tu:

/fnx
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Well, I'm no longer in the "never heard of it" category, as I participated in the last thread and listened to demos. But I've still never played with it, so none of the above apply...

Oops... thought for a second it was a thread about SynthMaker ! (Ha Ha)

I did use the free version as an RTAS plugin for a while when I still had a Pro Tools LE setup, but didn't think to download the VSTi version...

Downloading now...

Return to “Instruments”