New drum-synth called smackbox. Beta-testing has commenced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes i agree, and it is very nearly finished, imo:
all it needs is a mute/solo arrangement, to make
it a bit easier to work with. it sounds great.

the keyboard would be good for actually auditioning
the drum selected per key, too. the key assign is a
little bit confusing, due to lack of auditioning on
the GUI.

apart from that, you could call it completed, i reckon.
oh, yeah, and some more outputs.
excellent drum plugin.

sweet synth
no sig

mztk wrote:due to lack of auditioning on the GUI.
Click the keyboard keys above the numbers to audition sounds. ;)

chuck death wrote:
mztk wrote:due to lack of auditioning on the GUI.
Click the keyboard keys above the numbers to audition sounds. ;)
a-haaaaa.. :wink:

:D cheerz, i needed a little help there. so why not below the
numbers also?!

http://www dot dskmusic dot com/
Here is the SmackBox being currently developed.
I know there are some issues with DSK, he used pirated graphic soft.
But on this project Stefan(who developed SmackBox), has given the green light to make derivative works,
so no harm in picking this one up if ya like.
I don't mean to get this thread locked, so please don't send it that way.
If the call is that DSK is fully barred from KVR, I will delete this post.

[mod edit: No need, but I don't want KVR boosting his page rank so I've replaced . with dot in the URL.]

I am fluent in SM, not great in the frequency domain and coding,
but I have the basics, and could implement say multi-point graphical envelopes.
Cheers
Stefan is busy I think. It's a pity coz SM really needs some skilled peeps like him. The program needs a re-write IMO, and the one dev is seriously stretched to keep development ticking over. I think Stefan knows the innards of SM.
8D
Oh, DSK said he wouldn't mind a mention here, and just to clear up that he is free to develop the drum synth. I myself am guilty of raiding works of others. There is something to be said for packaging stuff. Nearly everything that is built, is out of components maybe.
Contents!

I stopped development just due to, well, not finding the time (prioritizing other stuff over it) for it any more.

I will also release the schematic for Anna and other SM creations later on.
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

I came across DSK's Synth Drum a while ago, I wondered if he did an update and checked his site. That's how I found out about Smackbox, and followed the trail here. Shame it's not being developed. I never knew DSK was nicking others work! And his ReadMe for Synth Drum asks for donations! Bad boy :uhuhuh:

Mind you, if he develops it further then it's not a problem, hopefully there will be some refinements to it.

Thanks for a fantastic drum synth Stefan, reminds me of the Korg Electribe ER-1 I had years ago :-)

sl23 wrote: I never knew DSK was nicking others work! And his ReadMe for Synth Drum asks for donations! Bad boy :uhuhuh:
DSK got caught out using other peoples samples in his vsts without permission iirc.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
sl23 wrote: I never knew DSK was nicking others work! And his ReadMe for Synth Drum asks for donations! Bad boy :uhuhuh:
DSK got caught out using other peoples samples in his vsts without permission iirc.
He also sold exclusive rights to the sources of his plugins before seeming to forget all about it and decide to rerelease them all himself. When the person who bought the rights asked him what he was up to they quickly found out that they weren't the only ones who had also bought "exclusive" rights!

There was a long thread here about it which was supposed to come up with an amicable solution but I don't think it ever got sorted properly.

Return to “Instruments”