Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
vaen
KVRist

75 posts since 4 May, 2005

Postby vaen; Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:49 pm

bduffy wrote:Jesus...Avid is buying up everything! They're the Adobe of audio...

Rumor has it that Avid also wanted to buy Steinberg a year or two ago when Pinnacle wanted to get rid of it but Yamaha beat them to it (thankfully so if I may add).
koolkeys
KVRAF

16258 posts since 2 Dec, 2003, from Nashville, TN

Postby koolkeys; Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:23 pm

cyanogen wrote:Does anyone know if the buyout will affect Wizoosounds?

I don't know. The buyout happened a while ago, and the Wizoosounds website is still up. Also, you can buy most of their sounds at mi7libraries.com if you want, like the Stingray bass and others.

One thing is for sure though. If there is something there you just HAVE to have, get it now because it may not be there forever. And there are some good things there.

By the way, if you want the lite version of their Stingray for free, go sign up at mi7.com and you will get a ten Euros free in download credit at mi7libraries.com and that is enough to buy the lite bass, or some other sample set.

Brent
My host is better than your host
cyanogen
KVRian

702 posts since 4 Mar, 2003, from Sir Osis of Liver

Postby cyanogen; Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Cool! Thanks for the tip.

koolkeys wrote:

I don't know. The buyout happened a while ago, and the Wizoosounds website is still up. Also, you can buy most of their sounds at mi7libraries.com if you want, like the Stingray bass and others.

One thing is for sure though. If there is something there you just HAVE to have, get it now because it may not be there forever. And there are some good things there.

By the way, if you want the lite version of their Stingray for free, go sign up at mi7.com and you will get a ten Euros free in download credit at mi7libraries.com and that is enough to buy the lite bass, or some other sample set.

Brent
Buy my cd here (Prog rock/synth pop/classical/soundtrack-ish music):
http://cdbaby.com/cd/cyanogen
Newer songs/unreleased material:
https://soundcloud.com/cyanogenmusicpage
bduffy
KVRAF

19289 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby bduffy; Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:34 pm

vaen wrote:
bduffy wrote:Jesus...Avid is buying up everything! They're the Adobe of audio...

Rumor has it that Avid also wanted to buy Steinberg a year or two ago when Pinnacle wanted to get rid of it but Yamaha beat them to it (thankfully so if I may add).

Oh man...that would be too weird! Nuendo and Pro Tools under the same aegis! :-o

Mind you, if anyone had told me a year ago that Adobe would swallow up Macromedia, I'd tell them they're nuts...
DuX
KVRAF

3381 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:40 am

This kind of swallowing is not good. Usually, all kinds of different swallowings are very good, though :D.

Joking aside, if we end up with only three or four corporations, that's plain bad. Best quality products are mostly coming from the smaller firms, even "one-man-band" firms. Hate that merger things...

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
bduffy
KVRAF

Postby bduffy; Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:02 am

I must agree on all points. :hihi:
FrankT
KVRian

1014 posts since 13 Sep, 2006, from Germany

Postby FrankT; Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:59 am

This interview with Peter Gorges - ex MD Wizoo, now Head of Digidesign Advanced Instrument Research Group - gives some background about the Digidesign takeover, Wizoo business continuity etc. The interview is in German though. http://amazona.de/index.php?page=26&fil ... le_id=1354

koolkeys wrote:

Brent
LoopyFruit
KVRist

410 posts since 10 Nov, 2005, from Scotland

Postby LoopyFruit; Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:43 am

Thanks for the input Guys.............So I take it the Steinberg stuff is no longer supported :roll:
soundchaser59
KVRist

226 posts since 30 May, 2007, from LINCOLN

Postby soundchaser59; Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:04 pm Re: What's happened to Wizoo?

Well, I just wiped my C drive and installed Windows 7 64 bit. Now I have a Wizoo Latigo dvd that is absolutely worthless. It's impossible to authorize and activate it now.

Way to go Wizoo......or Digidesign......or whomever the hell squashed this piece of software I blew money on.
You don't know the POW-WAAHH of the Dark Side!
W23
KVRist

126 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby W23; Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:38 pm Re: What's happened to Wizoo?

Now they are Air Music Technolgy. You may want to check with those guys...they seem nice, and helpful enough from my past experience with them. There might even be a couple of staff members left over from the old Wizoo days. Wouldn't hurt to ask
bduffy
KVRAF

Postby bduffy; Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:08 am Re: What's happened to Wizoo?

The winner for the “Decade-Long Delay Between Posting” goes to..
sfxsound3
KVRist

208 posts since 30 Mar, 2016

Postby sfxsound3; Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:15 am Re: What's happened to Wizoo?

It's not worthless, there is such a thing called 'system requirements'. Install 32 bit Windows and host and use as much as you like.
DuX
KVRAF

3381 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:12 am Re: What's happened to Wizoo?

He cannot authorise it because Wizoo doesn't exist any more. Otherwise he would be able to use it in a 32-bit host or with a VST bridge plugin. It's not necessary to install 32-bit Windows.

This really is the threadomancy winner anywhere. :) I can't believe it's been so long since Wizoo disappeared! Wizooverb is still a pretty great hybrid IR/algo reverb. I still remember it being on sale for $99 or so, probably lower.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6428 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:19 am Re: What's happened to Wizoo?

soundchaser59 wrote:Well, I just wiped my C drive and installed Windows 7 64 bit. Now I have a Wizoo Latigo dvd that is absolutely worthless. It's impossible to authorize and activate it now.

Way to go Wizoo......or Digidesign......or whomever the hell squashed this piece of software I blew money on.

I've blown a few licences doing similar things and pissed some money down the drain, i know the feeling. However i never got angry at the developers, as it was mostly user-error.
incubus
KVRAF

5233 posts since 6 May, 2015

Postby incubus; Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:36 pm Re: What's happened to Wizoo?

:dog:
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments