VST LUA beta -- midi scripting VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tzec wrote:Enormous thanks to everyone who has kept vstlua available, especially Hermann Seib for hosting the mirror.
My pleasure, although I didn't devote much time to it myself (too many other things going on). Nice to see that it got an official home now!

I'll leave my version online for now, as long as they are different in features.
Last edited by arakula on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

sonoro1234 wrote:first of all, the codes at sourceforge and at Hermann site are very different and it would be necessary to have only one code to work on it
Of course they are - I've been working from a 0.06 beta version, to start with. Then I updated the Lua version (& all included patches), the VST SDK version, the SWIG version, the VS2005 build.

That's quite a lot of changes, although I tried to document them, IIRC.

The SVN version now includes all of arakula's patches and vespadj's callback fix. I've changed the build system to use CMake so it's easy to compile for both MinGW and VS2005/VS2008 (the old batch files are still there if required).

Sonoro1234, do you want we to add you as a developer? You can just send me your changes and I'll merge them in, if you prefer.

Once that's all together and working I'll make another "official" release.

sonoro, I received you build, I'll test it in this week-end.
I see that 'label' for the GUI are centred in the middle over the object (button, menu, etc...). I'd be nice insert and attribute 'align' or 'position' for example:
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3 (like pc numpad).

tzec wrote:The SVN version now includes all of arakula's patches and vespadj's callback fix.
I'm not sure whether that was a really good idea, since, as said, I've been patching a 0.06 beta, not your last one. It seems that my version now overrules your later changes.

The overcomplicated LuaLock implementation, for example, is something that sonoro1234 already identified as a source of many problems, and I was glad to see that your 0.06 did contain a simpler (and less error-prone) version; now it's back in.

The console, on the other hand, is gone.

Hi tzec and arakula. I managed to incorporate vst 2.4.2 and lua 5.1.4 with pathches (from arakula compilation) to the svn source (0.06 not beta)in a VC2005 project.
What should I do with that?

when the base project is done it will be possible to add features i have in mind

tzec wrote:I think the best thing to do is to just merge your code in as the newest revision. If you create a sourceforge account and PM me with it I'll add you as a developer to the project so you can commit code directly.
My account at soourceforge is sonoro1234 but I dont know how all at sourceforge works!!!

On the other side, I have two VC2005 projects: one with the sourceforge 0.06 version with herman changes applied (vstsdk 2.4.2, swig 2.0,lua patched 5.1.4)

The other would be my modifications: selfdrawcontrol ( to draw from lua with swig), a random:valueN function with gaussian distribution, corrected bug in CFileopen (try in guitest), dir exploration from lua.

Glad that you appeared althouth you cant work too much on it!!

Sorry to revive a bit of an old thread.

Would it be possible for someone to compile a version of this VST for 64-bit DAWs? I don't have a windows compiler or I'd at least give it a shot.

fiddling a bit with vstlua.
I have to questions whether anyone was succesfull in the following:

- sending out RPN/RPRN midimesssages

- receiving start/stop mtc midistatusbytes (FA xx xx and so on)
(I wasnt succesfull in receiving them in the midireceive-callback, as well as the sysex-receive callback, also did not find any examples of it).
======================================
music goes beyond music for the masses

bmrzycki wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:46 am Sorry to revive a bit of an old thread.

Would it be possible for someone to compile a version of this VST for 64-bit DAWs? I don't have a windows compiler or I'd at least give it a shot.
Yes this has become increasingly needed. My host no longer even offers a 32 bit version. Anyone up to the job?

Yes, Protoplug is really nice and I was able to create a useful script, but there are very few examples for Protoplug. VSTLua has so many.

wow, very cool! Thanks....
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Hey there. Any chance this could be made into a vst3 plugin for multiple midi port support? I have some Kontakt scripts that would be really fun to use with other things, but they all use more than sixteen channels.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I built the au mfx version from source last night and it worked. I can try to build the vst3 version later tonight, for Mac. I don’t have a way to do pc at the moment but I can at least let you know how it goes
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Return to “Instruments”