VST LUA beta -- midi scripting VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey i'd like to remove the quantize option for the midilooper but i seem to miss something... anyhelp please? thanks

ps: note on instead of sustain is also something i'm havin troubles with
courtney did it!

cool! will have a try.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
First off - I want to offer a complement. vstlua is a great idea, it looks as if lua is a very convenient language for this purpose, and I'm excited about using it if I can get it to respond to MIDI events.

I have been trying to use vstlua with SAVIHost as the host program which I saw that was recommended for use with vstlua. It partially works to the extent that the callbacks other than midiEventCb() seem to be operating. For example, arpeg.lua correctly displays the speed menu. In addition, if I insert vprint() calls in some of the other call backs, the messages are printed out - except for the print command I put into midiEventCb(). I have used SAVIHost for several other VST plugins without any difficulty, so I know that it will work with my hardware. In addition, even with vstlua, the virtual keyboard display in SAVIHost correctly echoes the notes I play on my MIDI keyboard, but there is no indication that midiEventCb is ever called. Similarly if I click notes on the SAVIHost's virtual keyboard, there is no response by midiEventCb. Note: I also played with a variety of MIDI device and filter settings in SAVIHost but to no avail.

I am trying to think of other things to try to isolate or workaround the problem, but I am stumped for now. Any suggestions?

Mark

P.S. I recently discovered Console from Art Teknika (http://www.console.jp/en/ (http://www.console.jp/en/)) and find it to be a very nice environment for using and manipulating my VST and DX plug-ins - most of which seem to work quite well with it. However, Console seems to simply not recognize vstlua as a VST plug-in. I put vstlua in the VST plugin search path, but it doesn't show up in the list of available plugins.

I found the solution - I tried a newer version of SAVIHost (v1.32) and vstlua now receives midi events as it should.

Mark

Is SendMidiToInstance implemeted in 0.06 ?

If so how does it work exactly.

Thanks

I 've been trying many things with vstlua plugin, but when I save the SONAR 7 project in disk and open it again, SONAR crashes.
Does anybody have an idea of what is really happening?

Thank you in advance for any reply!

One question:
it is easy to extract a value form a place in the table if we know its index.

extractedvalue = table[3]

But how to extract index from a table if we only know the value attached to that index?
thanks

maki, either you need to loop through the table and check the keys (slow, but fine if it is a small table and you only need to do it once). Otherwise you have to create/maintain an reversed table.

--return reverse a mapping
function reverseMapping(t)
nt = {}
for key, value in pairs(t) do
nt[value] = key
end
return nt
end

this returns a table with keys and values interchanged. This can only work if there's a one to one mapping of keys to values!

Homepage is down. Let me guess - a new version is expected soon! :love:

I'm trying to get hold of a copy of this but the website is down. How's the license on thsi? Would it be ok for someone to send me a copy?

Pete

It has a BSD license so you can redistribute. I uploaded a copy of the Windows binary with this article.

If anyone has the source code, hang onto it, and link a copy in this thread. I'm hoping tzec will pop up again soon, but if he doesn't hopefully someone has the source and will pick up where he left off...

I'd suggest getting the source onto SourceForge, if the licence fits (BSD does, I believe). That way it should always be available.

Is VSTlua project down permanently?
Any other VST alternatives to program MIDI with MIDI arrays, iterations, loops, variables, expressions, functions, OOP?

I emailed tzec some months ago and he mentioned that he was very busy and did not have much time for vstlua. The site has gone down a few times and he has gotten it back up eventually though.

I still have the source for at least the version I use (which is .06b1 with the console removal and host compatibility changes from .06b2). I can provide it or a compiled version for anyone who wants it. Or if it needs to go up on sourceforge; probably it would be best to at least email tzec to ask about that, if he does not show up in this thread.

TZEC!!!! SHOW UP!!!!

Return to “Instruments”