HighLife sampler source code now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

george wrote:[Now that HighLife is open source, Image Line can check if there is any code used in Direct Wave from it and comply with the BSD license.
high life being open sorce i think is great!

i think Argu would have wanted this & the community can really gain from this in so many ways,

so for that thank you!

but recalling on old debaits from back when HighLife became freeware & reading the quote abouve i'm wondering what your really saying in the quote?

back then the heat was fun, but now it would just be disrespectful to do anything that would have gone against the wishies of Argu,

hopfully i'm barking up the wrong tree & makeing myself look stupid? :)

Subz

Arguru agreed to give all his source code copyrights to discoDSP, so I don't see any disrespect.

george wrote:Arguru agreed to give all his source code copyrights to discoDSP, so I don't see any disrespect.
that part i agree with,

i recall Arguru saying he wanted to do so more than once,

my point was about Image Line & there products that might use some of the same sorce,

sorry if my post was offenceve, that was not my intention!

thank you for makeing the sorce avalable :)

Subz

george wrote:
Chris Walton wrote:Is there a known fxp/fxb loading bug? Just talked to somebody whose hosts crash when trying to do so ... I should be able to get on that tuesday (you caught me on a busy weekend :hihi:) but it'd be nice to know if anybody else knows about this.

...george?
Firstly, any possible bug should be submitted to the tracker http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=209777 and we will see what we can do. I have been getting no host crash in all this time and I suspect it is not a HighLife issue at all. I can say some host crashed because they couldn't handle a big sized FXP. There's probably more info about it searching at KVR.
Yeah, submitting it to the bug tracker was my plan (I already added the category, I just haven't submitted yet because I had to run to catch the bus).
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

djsubject wrote:my point was about Image Line & there products that might use some of the same source
If that happens they must comply the BSD license clauses, which is very easy to do. We are not talking about something like GPL.

But in case there are other products using Arguru code who is present on discoDSP commercial products, it may imply a trade secret violation.

Thank you for this George :D
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

george wrote:Now that HighLife is open source, Image Line can check if there is any code used in Direct Wave from it and comply with the BSD license.
Does BSD license have a line such as:

"In case the original coder dies, all of his works (derivative or original) will fall under this BSD license made by some guy on the internet"

?

Nope. It doesn't. :uhuhuh: Great display of bad taste to even suggest such a thing.

thanks for this. I'm not set up to use CVS at the moment, but I look forward to checking out the code. I might be up for contributing some features / bug fixes if I can find the time.

Please someone implement slice detection from embeded slice/region info!

Lagrange, feel free to suggest features at the tracker located at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... id=1011084

Cheers.

Very generous of you. Can't wait to see what will be done with infamous plugin in the future.

Kingston wrote:
george wrote:Now that HighLife is open source, Image Line can check if there is any code used in Direct Wave from it and comply with the BSD license.
Does BSD license have a line such as:

"In case the original coder dies, all of his works (derivative or original) will fall under this BSD license made by some guy on the internet"

?

Nope. It doesn't. :uhuhuh: Great display of bad taste to even suggest such a thing.
I feel the same way about this - releasing it is great (if it's what Arguru would have wanted) but not to use as a lever to push a different agenda. Move on and let go of this issue :) - nothing good can come of it.

Thanks george! great thing to see HL opened up and improved upon (hopefully native linux version too!)
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

absolutely great george :tu:
Bennett wrote:Fantastic! I'll have to try compiling it under Linux (ubuntu) to use with eXT2.
I guess the gui will be a tough job - but maybe kRAkEn/gORe will have a go at it if he finds some time

crap now i gotta learn how to download from cvs :cry:

Return to “Instruments”