DSK mini DrumZ way too low!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RunBeerRun wrote:The new one doesn't produce any sound at all. Tried it in Savihost and Reaper, feeding it midi and also pressing the "preview" button, there's just no sound.
DSK DrumZ MachineZ has 18 outputs (9 stereo). You can't hear any sound in SaviHost because it doesn't support many outputs. If you will try it in MiniHost and you select the option "Downmix to Stereo" you can hear all outputs.

Cool, it works now. I manually set each drum to left and right outs in Reaper.

There is a preview button, on each drum just below the wave picture.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Artvera wrote: DSK DrumZ MachineZ has 18 outputs (9 stereo). You can't hear any sound in SaviHost because it doesn't support many outputs. If you will try it in MiniHost and you select the option "Downmix to Stereo" you can hear all outputs.
DrumZ has 18 outputs?! I haven't been taking avantage of that and opening multiple instances instead. Thanx 4 the heads up. :D
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 12 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.5 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

I made a template for Reaper with all outs going to 1&2.

Sounds cool, nice and cheap, so far I think the toms stand out the most.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Wow, this new one is great. I love it!

Lagrange wrote:Image
:hihi:
Wow it took 2 minutes to load into eXT SA! Plus keeps pushing the CPU to 100% plus is a pain with the outputs set perminantly to separate channels.

Looks like I will stick with Mini Drumz instead..

L

testing it right now ...
thx, dsk, for emailing me about it
Input: watching the world go by ...
Manifestors: AMD Athlon XP 2600 / Terratec DMX 6 Fire / Windows XP / Cubase SX ...
Output: McCartnoTRON

Thanks for the update - especially for the multi-outputs...but...

The drum voices are no longer arranged in the standard drum midi note assignments (like they were with mini Drumz), and it would really be nice to have the hi-hats choked.

I still think this is a nice concept with all of these kits available in a nice little package.

SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

I admit, I exaggerate, but I think I caught a glimpse of (syndrum's) paradise peeking through the drawers here. DrumZ MachineZ is a great concept. The one thing I'm missing now is velocity sensitivity. The miniDrumZ did respond to that. Though it doesn't seem to alter the timbre it gives some control over volumes.

Now, using static volume levels may be true to the original character of some of those machines being stuffed into your MachineZ. But I'd still plea for velocity sensitivity for the high hats if not on all for the instruments.

Is that an idea for follow up versions? If it was I might in return consider to spend this year's holidays exclusively in spain (do something for your economy and stuff).

Anyways, I applaud you for a great accomplishment and the generosity of giving your stuff away for free.

meda gusto y muchas gracias
Input: watching the world go by ...
Manifestors: AMD Athlon XP 2600 / Terratec DMX 6 Fire / Windows XP / Cubase SX ...
Output: McCartnoTRON

Artvera wrote:DSK DrumZ MachineZ has 18 outputs (9 stereo). You can't hear any sound in SaviHost because it doesn't support many outputs.
Oh, it does, if you're using a multichannel audio card and an ASIO driver - but it uses a 1:1 assignment in this case. Instrument Channel 1 goes to Output Channel 1, 2->2 and so on.

The "Downmix to Stereo" option in Minihost sounds like a good and simple addition to SAVIHost; I'll think about it.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

OK, got it working too. The second one is certainly a huge improvement over Mini. It really is a good drum machine. I need to find time to start working with it. I'm gonna listen to some olde worlde synth stuff over the next couple of days and see where it takes me.

A few comments after trying it a little longer:
* I'm glad the drum mapping is consistent now, but it still seems pretty odd to me. I don't think I've ever tried a drum plugin that had this mapping.
* Why are there 10 outputs? There are only 8 samples per instance, right?
And on a more positive not,
* These sounds are great! So versatile, such a nice sound...I think I'll be using this a lot.

Just tried Drumz out and I think it has far too many shortcomings to be a useful tool. For a start for such a simple plugin it takes far, far too long to load. When it finally does it's just a really simple drum sample player loaded with widely available drum machine samples. It doesn't even have any envelope controls so the drums cut of with a nasty non-zero click if you release them too quick. :shrug:

I think I'll stick with my samples and samplers. ;)

I don't know if the slow loading thing is host-specific or what, but in my PC with Sonar Home Studio and a couple gigahertz, it loaded in around 30 seconds. Which is longer than most plugins, but certainly not intolerable. Once it was running, I had no problem with CPU usage or clicks.

mhemnarch wrote:I don't know if the slow loading thing is host-specific or what, but in my PC with Sonar Home Studio and a couple gigahertz, it loaded in around 30 seconds. Which is longer than most plugins, but certainly not intolerable. Once it was running, I had no problem with CPU usage or clicks.
No, the delay is because it was made in Synthmaker. This type of behaviour is commonplace among SM plugins. In this case I think it's more likely a lack of optomising rather than the program itself, I'm guessing the arrays driving the wave displays are the main cause. DSK stuff is usually SE and I think this is a recent switch to SM so he's probably still learning. ;)

About the delay time, you actually get a fairly similar delay to me on loading but I have to say do you really think around 30 seconds loading time is acceptable for such a simple plug in? If it was a very complex plug in I'd think it was fair enough but for what is basically 8 simple waveplayers with level and pan controls I think it's unacceptable.

Return to “Instruments”