VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Not the same, not even close.
better tell that to this whiny guy eric then.
tell him what? Some whiny bloke has some samples of his work?

He already knows.
no, tell him what i've quote from you then hopefully he stop to yammer on FB about. is that to difficult to understand? either LA-50 is a competitor or not and if it's not as you said why the hassle about?

competition for a discontinued synth? you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, its nothing to do with competition :roll:

jog on.
Roland currently still sells the D50 sounds in the form of an add-on card for their vsynth. So clearly it is *you* who has no idea what they are talking about. :roll:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:

He already knows.
no, tell him what i've quote from you then hopefully he stop to yammer on FB about. is that to difficult to understand? either LA-50 is a competitor or not and if it's not as you said why the hassle about?

competition for a discontinued synth? you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, its nothing to do with competition :roll:

jog on.
this FB bitching is unworthy for him.
you first should sort out what's in your bulb before writing: first he have "every right to save his work" then it's "not even close" :roll:
lie down and go back to sleep.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Blue Wind Project wrote:Don't have the time to go over all the responses, but I did just happen to see this at Synthtopia

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/ ... -50-sound/
It seems that this new product brought too much attention from the big guys. Again, another one small independent developer caught in the maze of copyrights. He may be honest and well intentioned, but he was prevented of proceeding with selling the library:
http://www.binarymusic.co.uk/la-50.html
Last edited by fmr on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Ben H wrote:
murnau wrote: i tell you what: i'm kind of guy who even donate to the free stuff i use but find this acting on FB is laughable!!! conclusion is that i'm glad i never bought something from persing' spectrasonics and i never will now.
Great. Now do you think you can you stop posting in every Omni thread about how you never bought anything from them and never will. :clap:
i'll try my best as you know!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Amazound has a D-50 refill that's also available in NKI and SF2. I've been wanting to
buy it since forever :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfBxVoYj05s

Eric Persing, as much as I admire him, is a d...head I'm afraid... :( Locking out "little guys" out of business simply because he can't get his finger out of his ass and create virtual instrument that everyone wants for $24 instead of Spectrosonic $400, is just not OK :( KORG has managed to port a lot of their legacy instruments to VSTIS and AUs, why can't Roland do the same..?!
Last edited by Leslie on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leslie wrote:why can't Roland do the same..?!
Because they're stupid.

both roland and yamaha need to jump on the vsti wagon
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ben H wrote:Roland currently still sells the D50 sounds in the form of an add-on card for their vsynth. So clearly it is *you* who has no idea what they are talking about. :roll:
The V-Synth itself is discontinued :dog:
Fernando (FMR)

layzer wrote:both roland and yamaha need to jump on the vsti wagon
But they won't. I think that should have been clear to everyone by now.

Ben H wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
murnau wrote:

He already knows.

jog on.
Roland currently still sells the D50 sounds in the form of an add-on card for their vsynth. So clearly it is *you* who has no idea what they are talking about. :roll:

oh yes, the card (which isn't a D50 on its own) for a synth which IS discontinued :lol:

back to school....

murnau wrote:
this FB bitching is unworthy for him.
you first should sort out what's in your bulb before writing: first he have "every right to save his work" then it's "not even close" :roll:
lie down and go back to sleep.

a set of samples does not equal a synth. Its a small selection of static sounds (sounds protected by the original author)

move on mary

It is because of piracy. I recently saw the Novation history video. They had huge success with the V-station plugin until it was cracked. Then the sales stopped , and they tought it was a bad idea to do plugins, lets do something else. Roland has been doing some small tests with VST plugins. They were cracked.

Piracy is keeping the big brands away from plugin development. We need to find a solution to this situation very quickly. As it is now the big companies have their best copy protection in hardware, including Access.

Kriminal wrote:Eric is trying to protect his work. He has every right to do so. Good for him. Im sick of internet whingers who think they have a right to access anything they want at any time.

Roland didnt make a D50 vst? Tough shit, they dont have to.

Want D50 sounds? Buy the hardware.
It is very infrequent that I agree with you, but in this instance I couldn't agree with you more.

It is illuminating to see how the response are on facebook where people mostly use their real names etc, vs the anonymity of kvr.
Leslie wrote:Eric Persing, as much as I admire him, is a d...head I'm afraid... :( Locking out "little guys" out of business simply because he can't get his finger out of his ass and create virtual instrument that everyone wants for $24 instead of Spectrosonic $400, is just not OK :( KORG has managed to port a lot of their legacy instruments to VSTIS and AUs, why can't Roland do the same..?!
Did you really say EP is a d...head because he isn't making $24 synths? Seriously?
The sense of entitlement lives on. You aren't entitled to developers making synths You can afford.... WTF

Eric says it quite simple on fb.. audio recordings can be copyrighted..... Roland did for the D-50 samples....hence any derivative work based on these audio recordings (samples) without the permission of the copyright holder is illegal.... What's so hard or complicated to understand about that?

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

Perhaps if we did more naming and shaming of big money artists who can't be arsed to toss a few pennies to the people they step on to get to the "top"? I see Computer Music as something of a Load Bearing piracy beacon myself - the magazine it's-self can be quite good but whoever's deciding not to AT LEAST censor the piracy is really sending a shitty example out to all the young up-and-coming producers and (more notably and specifically) - producaz :hihi: - the "professional" thing to do is to torrent everything, then blame your roadie or make up some lame excuse and give a knowing wink if you get caught.

These days, when you mention the piracy these big names do, people ACTUALLY TAKE THE "HIGH GROUND" STANCE and tell YOU you've got some wacky idea and you're just a hater standing in the way of "progress".
Last edited by Sendy on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Instruments”