Roland D50 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gunnare wrote:Piracy is keeping the big brands away from plugin development. We need to find a solution to this situation very quickly. As it is now the big companies have their best copy protection in hardware, including Access.
Well, some of the big guys are using dongles (Lexicon, Eventide)... They're not cracked. :D

Kriminal wrote:a set of samples does not equal a synth. Its a small selection of static sounds (sounds protected by the original author)

move on mary
better go back to sleep. :nutter:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

EvilDragon wrote:
Leslie wrote:why can't Roland do the same..?!
Because they're stupid.
So True :)

EvilDragon wrote:
gunnare wrote:Piracy is keeping the big brands away from plugin development. We need to find a solution to this situation very quickly. As it is now the big companies have their best copy protection in hardware, including Access.
Well, some of the big guys are using dongles (Lexicon, Eventide)... They're not cracked. :D
What synths do they make :?:

Leslie wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Because they're stupid.

So if a company does do what YOU want, THEY are stupid....

Amazing :lol:

I was tongue-in-cheek, but nevermind. :D

There is some truth in that though, seeing how Yamaha fails to lean onto their great legacy to make a more fully fledged workstation that's not just a rompler/sampler, when they have FM, AN, FDSP, VL legacy... Would have been amazing to see a modern AN1x+FS1R... Likewise both Roland and Yammie are not jumping on analog resurgence bandwagon which is clearly quite profitable for Korg... more power to Korg, then.

I do find it interesting that Korg hasn't added anything to their legacy software line in quite a few years, but have switched from ilok firstly and now develop for ios.

rsp
sound sculptist

Korg was never iLok, KLC used Synchrosoft originally.

Software would simply be a pita compared to hardware for them.

Software always causes way more support stuff, you have to keep up with the latest OS/DAW/whatever and than there is piracy...

V-Accordeons and workstations for wedding and cover bands sell very well, so why open a can of worms with software?
It's simply not worth the hassle for them.

Cheers
Dennis

EvilDragon wrote:Korg was never iLok, KLC used Synchrosoft originally.
sorry, you are correct..... I meant a dongle.
same point never the less.
rsp
sound sculptist

Kriminal wrote:
Leslie wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Because they're stupid.

So if a company does do what YOU want, THEY are stupid....

Amazing :lol:
No, if the company does what consumers want, they're not stupid... WTF
Btw; I can't get your point anyway, didn't you read previous posts?

Btw; who cares anyway, I Don't... :)))
Last edited by Leslie on Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If it was in Roland's best business interest, you dont' think they would have done so?

Roland I am sure quite still makes quite good money from their hardware, or maybe they need to listen to YOU more? Since clearly you know what is better for them.

rsp
sound sculptist

Actually Roland is filing quarterly losses for several quartals in the row now... Also closing down European subsidiary (was it in Italy? I forgot)...

Leslie wrote:No, if the company does what consumers want, they're not stupid... WTF
the same consumers who spend millions each year on their current products? They must be doing something right.

You would obviously prefer they catered for a niche market and make a tiny amount of money compoared to what they make selling hardware..... presumably you dont run your own business :lol:
Leslie wrote: Btw; who cares anyway, I Don't... :)))

stop posting then

sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”