Most analog sounding softsynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CJDJ wrote:Gmedia Oddity, of course :-)

Digidesign (A.I.R. Group) Hybrid (the new 1.5 Version sounds very "analog")

Arturia Minimoog V

My favorite the Prophet V from Arturia.
Hello,

i also own Arturia Prophet V but for my taste it is far from sounding analog and even more far from a real Prophet 5. The Prophet VS plugin sounds better for me.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

CJDJ wrote:oh :D i forgot to mention the Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 from Korg
Whats the difference between that and the original KLC AE?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

ckatrun411 wrote:I been spending a lot of weeks now listening just to vinyl trying to rediscover the roots of electronica. Lots of different composers, from Germany and England throughout the 60s and 70s, and old movie soundtracks and what not. Its been quite a strange experience, cause I have spent a lot of time working with digital equipment.
You can't get these sounds with just analogue synths either. It's the whole production technique involved that provides for certain sounds, such as tape loops. If you're into stuff like Oxygene or Tangram, you'd be very disappointed trying this on just a bunch of analogue synths. You can get far closer with plugin synths that have a decent effects section and eq.

djsubject wrote:Zebra2 with the new zebra science sound pack sounds very analogue!!

i still don't believe those sound demo's are Zebra2 :o

demo 1

demo 2

Subz
Hello,

i agree to your opinion. Downloaded Zebra Science yesterday. It's really excellent work. :)
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

musikmachine wrote:
CJDJ wrote:oh :D i forgot to mention the Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 from Korg
Whats the difference between that and the original KLC AE?

Hello,

the differences of the KLC 2007 over the old one are : No MS-20 USB-Controller and the new Korg Mono/Poly synth is included. Already used it but is not my favourite any more.
Ingo Weidner

ckatrun411 wrote: If you are deathly into analog you must pick up some tape and an analog synth, it is the only way.
I agree but analogues are either too expensive, too unstable, sometimes very limited soundwise, diffícult to handle and just too big for my small room. Anyway I must admit i am interested in new analogues like the Dave Smith Prophet 08, Alesis Andromeda A6 or Moog Little Phatty (Voyager is too expensive).

On the other side i love to integrate synths into Ableton Live, like with softsynths or my Virus TI Desktop. Another reason using softsynths is i just bought a new PC with a Core 2 Quad processor a half year ago.
Ingo Weidner

djsubject wrote:Zebra2 with the new zebra science sound pack sounds very analogue!!

i still don't believe those sound demo's are Zebra2 :o

demo 1

demo 2

Subz
:o Those are incredible!

djsubject wrote:
Cosmus wrote:Poly-Ana - the most analog sounding vst
agreed!

but there's something coming to give it a run for its money!!

NDA sorry cant say any more

But Poly-Ana is well worth its price has a long unrestricted demo & IMO its the best thing out there at mimicking analogue,

& the dev needs some sales so go get it ;)

Subz
Hello,

i just downloaded the evaluation version of Poly-Ana. Sounds quite convincing but i am not sure if it is really better than my other softsynths. Sounds quite close to Sonicprojects OP-X Pro. Anyway it is on my list for potential future purchases. :)
Ingo Weidner

im quite f**king surprised that Timewarp 2600 is never mentioined in these countless treads. There;s so much hype around mediocre synths, while there are gems around being forgotten.

Another vote for PolyAna.

ckatrun411 wrote:hi mate, there is not a synth on that list that sounds anything like real analog.
hmmm ... oddity sounds quite analog, so is sylenth in a way ...
aomuch for the list ...

and: +1000 for zebra (though you really have to know how "real analog" is working, as zebra can sound the way _you_ want, meaning it's capabilities are far beyond just analog ...of course, it has it's own character, as every synth, be it analog or digital, hardware or software ...
however, if you want easy analog, i'd recommend sylenth and imposcar ... most easy to tweak and sounding very analog ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Nexus Analog Expansion

ok, this is a bit unfair, since it uses samples of analog gear.
---regards elijah
music rules the world

Highvoltage wrote:im quite f**king surprised that Timewarp 2600 is never mentioined in these countless treads. There;s so much hype around mediocre synths, while there are gems around being forgotten.
No need to be angry. I tried TimewARP 2600 and it sounds really cool. But first it is unstable (crashed once every day), CPU hungry and the copy protection is really a no-go. Not to mention that in the standalone no midi source can be selected. Anyway, sound wise it's really good.
Ingo Weidner

Elijah.P wrote:Nexus Analog Expansion

ok, this is a bit unfair, since it uses samples of analog gear.
Hello,

also sample based synths can produce some good analog sounds. The only sample based synths i use are the Yamaha Motif ES 7 and the Korg Wavestation EX. The analog sounds they are able to produce are sometimes better than from all my other synths.
Ingo Weidner

Try this for real analog sounds in a digital environment:

http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1003

Play the demo's...no other fx or compresion was used in the making of the demo's.

It sounds Analog because over 20,000 samples were taken from analog synths like:

Mini Moog D, Welsh Moog, Yamaha CS-5, Yamaha CS-15, Yamaha CS-30, Korg Monopoly, Korg MS-20, Studio Electronics SE-1 and SE-1X, Roland SH-101, Crumar Multiman, Akai AX-73 oh and a digital/analog hybrid the underated Ensoniq Esq-1 :)

Other than that you might be better off getting a cheap analog mono synth to hear the difference, then save up for something really nice.

Dave Smith does some awesome modern takes on analog synths, or go for a Sequential Pro-1 (just bought one myself), if you want to really knock your socks off :) or a midi'd up Studio Electronics SE-1X for that Moog (Yawn) and Oberheim sound. It is an excellent synth that has a lot going for it.

Return to “Instruments”