Does any other VST sound as good as Sylenth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought Sylenth a few months ago now and it is still my go-to synth, without question.

The problem is, that every other synth that i buy i'm slightly disappointed with because it doesn't match up to Sylenth. Having said that, i got Predator a couple of days ago and it's sounding very good indeed so far :wink: but others just feel weak and uninspiring.......

Perhaps my question should be 'does any VST sound better than Sylenth?'..

If you have any thoughts on this I would be grateful 8)

Paul,
Prevalence

Not from what I've heard, I just need it for Mac. The closest synth IMO is z3ta.
You are currently reading my signature.

IMO NO...but...Zebra can sound close and of course Polyana but generally ...nothing comes close to Sylenth :clap:

again a matter of taste ... i prefer Zebra 2
"It dreamed itself along"

Interesting thoughts chaps., i have Z3ta and it sounds amazing but i don't find it easy to program or tweak (that's my problem though not Z3ta's! :help: ). .. Zebra is on the shopping list, and perhaps Gladiator too.............

Anyway, Sylenth and Predator are rocking me at the moment :hihi:

Gladiator is good, I think it's probably one of the closest thing to Sylenth on Mac. It's what I've been using for a while now. Personally i think Zebra sounds cold.
Last edited by djanthonyw on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ya Z3ta sounds extremely sterile and I do not find it fun to program.
Wouldn't Massive have the insane sound quality you're looking for, the 1.5 version got 'vintage' oscs. Sounds really fat!

Depends on what result you want to achieve. For what I do, I always found others more to my liking. They all do different things, you're comparing apples and oranges. I know I'm pushing the comparison a bit, but I feel it's like saying the trombone is the best instrument in the orchestra, for xxx reason.
I do think Sylenth sounds fantastic, but I prefer Massive, Poly-Ana and Zebra for what I do.

fridtjof wrote:Ya Z3ta sounds extremely sterile and I do not find it fun to program.
Wouldn't Massive have the insane sound quality you're looking for, the 1.5 version got 'vintage' oscs. Sounds really fat!
Oooh, what's that 1.5 version of Massive you're talking about? Can't find anything anywhere about it. Did I miss something?

I don't care if it's a rompler it's still a VSTi. Nexus is pretty much as good as it gets right now next to the Spectrasonics plugs and romplers using the Kontakt player.

I don't think CronoX3 gets the props it deserves. Seriously, I'd take CronoX over Sylenth anyday without question. I personally didn't find much use for Massive, but it sounds WONDERFUL. The Butterfly Stance patch was used on Nas' new track called "Hero". Apparently someone found a gem in there that I didn't.

Anywho...

Blue
Albino
CronoX
Massive
Korg Legacy....especially Analog 2008
SOOOO many banks for Reason
Vanguard
Rapture
Z3ta
Virus Powercore....all day.

All are marvelous SYNTHS with a beautiful sound all their own.
Remember kids...Everything is impossible until it's actually done.

I prefer several others over Sylenth, too. FM8, Tera, z3ta, Helix... other things depending on what I want it for. :shrug:

To the OP..... no.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

A little birdy told me that the Sylenth update is coming very soon... possibly in a day or two... If this is true I've got my credit card ready. ;)

neverfall wrote:I don't care if it's a rompler it's still a VSTi. Nexus is pretty much as good as it gets right now next to the Spectrasonics plugs and romplers using the Kontakt player.

I don't think CronoX3 gets the props it deserves. Seriously, I'd take CronoX over Sylenth anyday without question. I personally didn't find much use for Massive, but it sounds WONDERFUL. The Butterfly Stance patch was used on Nas' new track called "Hero". Apparently someone found a gem in there that I didn't.

Anywho...

Blue
Albino
CronoX
Massive
Korg Legacy....especially Analog 2008
SOOOO many banks for Reason
Vanguard
Rapture
Z3ta
Virus Powercore....all day.

All are marvelous SYNTHS with a beautiful sound all their own.
CronoX over Sylenth1? You got to be Joking, smoking Crack or are just weird? It's all good though whatever floats your Boat. :lol: 8)

Sylenth1 sounds nice and fat - very warm - and that is why it sounds so good. It has great filters and oscillators with no aliasing.

Cronox sounds way more metallic and less warm.

NEXUS, are you freaking kidding me????? Pile on some more reverb please!

That said, Massive is great, but not as warm. I have some EXCELLENT VA synths that sound as warm as Sylenth1, but not as nice looking or fun to program.

I'll take my Korg Karma with my installed MOSS board (pretty much a korg Z1 and poly 800 mixed) - NOW that's fat warm analog at its finest (next to owning a super jupiter, prophet or moog)!

Mike

Return to “Instruments”