Does any other VST sound as good as Sylenth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yorrrrrr wrote:So....any other VSTi synth, in 2013, that sounds 'similar' (not 'as good', as we've seen 'good' is pretty subjective) as Sylenth1? My GOD, just recently I bought this synth and the quality of its sound is breathtaking, in my ears.
Talk about bumping an old thread...wow :hihi:

Yorrrrrr wrote:So....any other VSTi synth, in 2013, that sounds 'similar' (not 'as good', as we've seen 'good' is pretty subjective) as Sylenth1? My GOD, just recently I bought this synth and the quality of its sound is breathtaking, in my ears.
Now lets everyone name their fav synth :D

Check out this tread

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... s-mac.html

However, I for one don't think there is any synth that nails Sylenth sound, especially the supersaw stuff.

I don't really want to post this but I am going to anyway...

I don't like the sound of the virus! That would sound crazy if you knew me because I love trance and love supersaw/brassy sounds but I have tried and tried to find a virus demo that makes me say 'yes, thats its! Funnily enough I have just said that with sylenth. I bought a virus TI once and sent it back. Not because of the sound but because of sync problems. I also had a virus b many years ago but can't even remember the sound as I was a noob to music production back then.

I have listened to kontakt multi samples of the virus and they sounded weak to me. I have listened to (good quality) audio demos and didn't really like the sound, not £2000's worth of sound anyway. I have watched a youtube video comparing the supersaw from synth1, sylenth, novation nova and a virus. I listened to it with my eyes closed and guessed correct which sound was which synth. My opinion was: synth1 sounds like typical software vst: flat, lifeless, 2D. Novation sounded like novation, phasey, software sounding (I just bought a novation ultranova that I am sending back so I recognised the sound straight away). The virus sounded a bit darker, duller and apart from that similar to the novation. Sylenth just sounded alive! (alive for me = 3D, good separation, Jumps out the speaker, powerful like analogue synths). It did make me say "Yes, that is it"!

I am a contrarian and if everyone else is using it I won't. I only just got alchemy and massive after putting them off for years because on the interwebs you get MEGA-HYPE when new stuff comes out, most fade away when new stuff comes along but there are a few synths that never go away, Sylenth, massive & diva being the most notable.

I know diva sounds great (i have tried it myself) but I am going true analogue hardware for analogue sounds (moog, korg, dsi etc...) So I have been looking for something for my supersaw trance sounds, Tried the ultranova but it wasn't what I was looking for. Sylenth is going to fill this hole. It just has that sound I am looking for (wide & full), not a va sound but a digital sound.

So, is there any synths as good as Sylenth? Yes, Massive, Alchemy & a few other but not for the supersaws!! :)

Note I have owned and recently sold the following VSTI's: Albino, Blue, Z3ta, Rhino, Minimonsta, Korg legacy, Jp6k. Sold because imo they all lack that sound I was looking for.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

I've demo-ed Sylenth and it does sound very good, but this really sounds amazing:

http://patcharena.com/muz3um-for-z3ta-2-released/

I liked the original bank for z3ta+ 1 better and yes, there is too much bloat in v.2 the GUI is too big and complicated. Muz3um is a masterpiece, though, however you get to hear it.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

I had z3ta 1 and then zeta 2. I used to think they sounded good but I don't anymore. The filter is the worst part to.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a synth.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Return to “Instruments”