Insert Piz Here Mr. Alias 2.02 released (windows/mac/linux)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi

version 2.01 is up. there is not really anything new in it, just performance improvements, mainly in the GUI, and some minor bug fixes. it can still use a lot of CPU, especially with full polyphony and all the effects on. of course, there are also other reasons not to do that, i.e. it will sound like crap.

i think it still sounds the same, but i haven't tested it much. it may sound worse and/or better, and ruin your songs.

http://www.thepiz.org/mralias2/
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

your plug-ins are what I use when I start to hate music. And then I remember why I love to compose again...
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

piz: the Spark Fest people haven't sent it to me yet but apparently there's audio and video of my playing Alias with my EWI horn with bite sensor and breath aftertouch routed to your screwy parameters. Definitely a crowd-pleaser. I always promised I'd play it in front of people... now I just await them sending links ;)

runagate plz post Vid link :D!
stay juicy!

yes, it would be a dream come true to see that video.
wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:it may sound worse and/or better, and ruin your songs.
Perfect. I've added some true analog goodness to my set up that needs to be destroyed.

Love,

:love:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

insertpizhere wrote:yes, it would be a dream come true to see that video.
I checked my emails and no links yet. It's a 5-day festival so I imagine it takes quite a while for them to process it all.

I am *loving* the audio-input mode.

The manual though, piz...

Some of THE BEST midi implementation and shift-click and such options I've EVER SEEN on any plug-in. Many funny bits, too, which I always appreciate.

But there's some stuff that's sort of just skipped over... wtf is with the sine mode? And the "m-factor" I think you called it?

In any event I'm stunned that you made one of my favorites even more splenderific!

I am sorry to have dropped the Alias remix project. I keep having bad luck; atm I can barely walk with a shitty brace on my knee - just re-hurt an ancient injury walking along doing nothing special. One step, fine. Next step, fuXX0r3d.

runagate wrote:Some of THE BEST midi implementation and shift-click and such options I've EVER SEEN on any plug-in.
i was hoping someone would say that... i like middle-clicking several sliders and then sending a CC to control them all at once, then reversing some, setting ranges, etc... anyway, i'm sure it's not perfect so please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Many funny bits, too, which I always appreciate.
thanks... reading through it again, it actually seems a little too serious for my taste.
But there's some stuff that's sort of just skipped over... wtf is with the sine mode? And the "m-factor" I think you called it?
point taken. the effects aren't really explained much. for one thing, explaining technically what they do wouldn't help you much in understanding what they sound like. plus i wasn't counting on anyone actually reading the manual.
In any event I'm stunned that you made one of my favorites even more splenderific!
thanks. i still want to improve it... in particular i think the audio input stuff needs work. again, suggestions here would be appreciated... the input should at least be pitch-shifted, even though in my tests this sounds horrible.
I am sorry to have dropped the Alias remix project. I keep having bad luck; atm I can barely walk with a shitty brace on my knee - just re-hurt an ancient injury walking along doing nothing special. One step, fine. Next step, fuXX0r3d.
ouch... sorry to hear that. no problem about the remix. best wishes, and at the very least it's good to see you back around KVR.
Last edited by insertpizhere on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrongtastic, baby

rifftrax wrote:your plug-ins are what I use when I start to hate music. And then I remember why I love to compose again...
if you really really hate music, you can destroy it by running it through Mr. Alias 2. instantly reduce any top 40 hit to some random crackling sounds.
wrongtastic, baby

One of the presets in the 30's sounds great when you run audio through it.

I'm working on stuff for you but don't have net access at home so it might be a little while.

My ears just took a pooie.

YAY! :hihi:

i tried running some full songs through it yesterday... "Strawberry Fields Forever" sounds good (well, maybe "interesting" is a better word for it) with the ring mod turned up all the way.
wrongtastic, baby

mh, the fx version of the plugIn failed the au validation here :help:

ok, i'll get that fixed tonight.
wrongtastic, baby

I get some interesting error messages in FL when I try to change waveforms while playing.

I'll send the specifics along to you if I can't a screenshot. No biggie, FL's like that.

Return to “Instruments”