Best softsynth for rich pads?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a rock guy so I don't know much about sound design in softsynths, I normally just scroll through presets until something grabs me. I use heaps of spacey trance pads, At the moment I only own Albino 3, but sometimes the sound I'm looking for just isn't there, what softsynth is best for ambient pads? I'm talking about quaility of sound and number of presets.

Cheers team!

Absynth 4.

awesome-force wrote:I'm a rock guy so I don't know much about sound design in softsynths, I normally just scroll through presets until something grabs me. I use heaps of spacey trance pads, At the moment I only own Albino 3, but sometimes the sound I'm looking for just isn't there, what softsynth is best for ambient pads? I'm talking about quaility of sound and number of presets.

Cheers team!
Wusikstation.

omishphere

Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Probably Omnisphere but it's expensive to buy if you are just looking for trancey pads. Perhaps check out Sylenth1 as well? Alchemy might be worth a look but it has more "weird" pads and sound scapes than the typical fat analogue ones, oh and there is no demo out yet.

There's got to be freeware stuff as well that can do that. Try finding the latest beta release of Helix. It's free and can do excellent pads, otherwise look at the commercial release. There is a demo that contains a lot of good trance pads and such.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Also check out commercial and user generated patches for your Albino.

ZynaddsubFX. And it's free. :-)

I'm a pad man and if you're after loads of presets and quality of sound it doesn't get much better than ReFx Nexus2.
I have had a ton of hardware over the years and I was very surprised how good it is in comparison.
It doesn't float everyones boat on here for various reasons but I have yet to hear anything that comes close in terms of pad presets IMO.
Omnisphere I expect does, but I don't own it yet.
Ade

AdeVanEx wrote:I'm a pad man and if you're after loads of presets and quality of sound it doesn't get much better than ReFx Nexus2.
I have had a ton of hardware over the years and I was very surprised how good it is in comparison.
It doesn't float everyones boat on here for various reasons but I have yet to hear anything that comes close in terms of pad presets IMO.
Omnisphere I expect does, but I don't own it yet.
Ade
+1 on that.

Especially coupled with the Stratosphere expansion.

awesome-force wrote:I'm a rock guy so I don't know much about sound design in softsynths, I normally just scroll through presets until something grabs me. I use heaps of spacey trance pads, At the moment I only own Albino 3, but sometimes the sound I'm looking for just isn't there, what softsynth is best for ambient pads? I'm talking about quaility of sound and number of presets.

Cheers team!
For Rock pads I'll suggest Vsti that were actually overused in Rock music for ages. (but maybe its a bit restrictive vision) Albino 3 is awsome but might be a little too smooth for rock in some situations.

Anyway I'll suggest Korg Lc Analog Edition ( tons of analog pads) and NI Fm7/8 for FM Pads/KeyPads. Layering these two ones will of course unchain your creativity :)

Of course some other competitors are perfectly able to be successfull in creating rock pads.

Btw you might want to listen to tons of pads demos on our site (see my sig). Instruments in isolation wich might at least give you some ideas of how some synths sound. (Audio demos are located at the bottom of each synth's page, and there's always a Pad demo)

Hope this helps,

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

- Korg Wavestation VSTi
- Korg Legacy Cell
- Minimonsta and ImpOSCar

Gladiator2. Yeah. FM synths do this job as well. G2 also have fm. Don't have Zebra2, but demo shows it does.
Last edited by Igro on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eh Zebra 2 of corz!

Return to “Instruments”