Need testers for my x86 to x64 vst adapter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
jBridge jBridgeM

Well the main issue that actually got is that after some minutes of use,the vst plugin DrMS wrapped with JBridge crashes in Sonar X1D x64 giving me that error popup :

DrMs (ID:11483341598) has crashed
Last audiomaster opcode: 7
Last dispatcher opcode: 71

I click OK and Sonar don't crashes and seems continuing to work but if you click on the plugin to open the GUI you got a grey empty GUI,and the plug stops processing audio (of course...is crashed!).
I got 2 instances of DrMs on that project,and seems that only one of two crashes.

Hello. Please check you email. ;)

Another thing that would be important to check... if you run the plugin in the 32bit version of Sonar, does it work well?
Free MIDI plugins and other stuff:
https://jstuff.wordpress.com
"MIDI 2.0 is an extension of MIDI 1.0. It does not replace MIDI 1.0(...)"

umd wrote:Hello. Please check you email. ;)

Another thing that would be important to check... if you run the plugin in the 32bit version of Sonar, does it work well?
Also worth asking how it behaves with sonar's own bridge.

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the hint!

Nothing to do,installed the beta but still crashes now giving that errors :

opcode 7 and opcode 15

I've discovered that the crash appears if you press play and stop on sonar several times (play,stop,play,stop in rapid sucession various times,at least 10) if you put sonar in loop and let them playing seems that all works fine.
I've checked that options :

audiomastergettimehack
prevent main host control...
im getting a dispatcher opcode 19...

Not tryed with original Sonar bridge,but i don't have any hope in it coz it sucks a lot!
Anyway i'll give it a try in the next days.

Well tryed now with original Sonar bridge and it sux like i've supposed.
If i try to open drms on an empty project,after you insert the plug you got a blank GUI that takes forever to load and freeze Sonar,you must kill the Sonar and bitbridge process to exit.That's all.

Hi.

Hum, sorry it didn't work... But there's still one thing to check... Could you try loading the plugin in the 32bit version of Sonar (without any bridge), and repeat the same steps to see if you can reproduce the problem?

Well,i've do several tests.
Tried 2 instances of DrMs with no bridges at all in Sonar 32Bit and all seems working fine.No crashes at all.
After that i've try to put an instance of Nebula VST Plugin (look http://www.acustica-audio.com/) before DrMs , started a rapid sequence of play,stop,play,stop and i got a massive crash,Sonar drop outs and immediately crashes without any message,just go back to desktop!
What do you think?

Hi!

If you're also experiencing problems without any bridge involved, it's clearly something else... :( I don't think there's anything I can do in this case, sorry.

It would be best to contact Cakewalk's support or the plugin's developers, perhaps it's something they've seen before.

hi again,

I am the guy losing the kontakt 5 settings. You suggested me to bridge the 64b version of kontakt and i have more or less the same problem:

Auxhost64.exe stopped working

Files that might help to describe the problem:
C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp\WER882.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1281.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1292.tmp.mdmp

So now instead of just losing output settings (with the 32b jbridged version of K5) the whole process get killed. Again, this just happens with the last instance of kontakt, the rest seem to be fine. I use 16 individual outputs on this one, dont know if this can be the problem.

Any idea?
Thx

Hello!

Have you also enabled the "run in existing auxhost" option besides bridging the 64bit version?

If yes, could you also email me with your user data so that I can send you a beta build to see if it's any better?

Ok today it loaded fine enabling the "use existing auxhost". Anyway i need more extensive testing. I'll come back here if i experience anymore problems.

Thanks a lot umd!

You're welcome. ;)

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
KWILD wrote:Well,i've do several tests.
Tried 2 instances of DrMs with no bridges at all in Sonar 32Bit and all seems working fine.No crashes at all.
After that i've try to put an instance of Nebula VST Plugin (look http://www.acustica-audio.com/ (http://www.acustica-audio.com/)) before DrMs , started a rapid sequence of play,stop,play,stop and i got a massive crash,Sonar drop outs and immediately crashes without any message,just go back to desktop!
What do you think?
Hi

I have similar issues with plugins crashing in Windows 7 (64 bit) using Sonar X1d (64bit) with Jbridged 32 bit plugins.

The true 64 bit plugins work fine in this environment, but any 32 bit plugins which go through Jbridge crash regularly. The same 32 bit plugins run in Win 7(32 bit) with Sonar X1d (32b) work perfectly fine with no crashes at all, it's generally rock steady.

Running the same 32 bit plugins through Sonar's bitbridge in Win7 (64) with Sonar X1d (64b) is a mixed bag. Many times the Gui of the plugin just appears as a box with nothing in it. One way around this is to turn off the X-ray feature in sonar. But many times Sonar will not even see the plugin when you go to plugin manager, the 32 bit plugin just isn't there. Jbridge happily sees all the missing 32 bit plugins which Bitbridge won't acknowledge.

The main reason I'm running Sonar in a 64 bit system is so I can take advantage of the extra memory, as I do large commercial projects using video and audio. But the instability and time wasting costs are huge.

I've looked at the following options here:

1. Sticking with Sonar 32 bit X1; and then the plugins work. But in terms of memory use , it's limited to about 3GB if you count the Ram used by the Video card. So not a good option for big multimedia projects.

2. Using Sonar 64 bit in a 64 bit operating system with ONLY 64 bit plugins, and not using the bridges (bitbridge or Jbridge) Stability wise this works well, with no crashes and all the memory I need (for me this is the only real option if I continue using sonar as long as the bridge issues exist) . Only downside is the inability to use some really cool 32 bit plugins :( maybe companies will migrate more of their plugins to 64b in time so this might be the best solution if I have the patience to wait.

3. Dumping Sonar, and jbridge and going with another DAW which works in 64 bits, on a PC. I suscpect most need Jbridge to run 32 bit plugins anyway? not sure about this one. That's a real pandoras box which I'm not sure I want to open at the moment.

4. Going to a Mac with Logic, which I have the use of at present, and it's an option. Logic is a very good DAW both in terms of function and stability. But a bit of a learning curve and then there's the issue of what happens with old projects? which sometimes clients want reworked.

5. Other options include Protools 10 HD. Ok this one is an expensive route. PT10 comes in 3 flavours, the stand alone native version which doesn't need Avid hardware and runs on anything with most audio cards, I've tested this in both 32b and 64b Win 7 and works great, no crashes. This is a 32 bit app and can only use a maximum of 4GB. Then if you pay more you can get PT10 Native HD which needs an avid native HD card. The bonus with PT HD is that even though it's a 32 bit app, it caches all the audio files into RAM. So if you run it in a 64 bit operating system you get the benefits of running your project in a 64 bit environment i.e. you can use most of your available RAM in your 64 bit operating system!. The last option for PT HDX is too expensive to even contemplate for me.

6. Protools 11 will eventually come out and that's being rumoured as a 64 bit DAW with the new AAX format plugins. Ok that's another pandoras box to worry about at some later date lol.

So for now, I think the answer to the Jbridge crash problems for me at least is to stick with only 64 bit plugins in my 64 bit system or try to work as frugally as possible in Win 7 (32 bit) and totally avoid using lots of RAM which kind of defeats the purpose of having a 64 bit DAW.

Not sure how many people have come up against these issues, but it would be great to find a solution which WORKS instead of all this dicking around. At the end of the day I want a STABLE Daw, not a toy which crashes every 5 minutes that's what it boils down to. It would be great if the companies who write these DAW programs actually test them thoroughly and make sure the software bloody works, before adding all the bells and whistles on. After all a polished turd is still a turd.

Cheers

Hi!

Could you tell me a plugin that it happens with so that I can try it here with Sonar X1?

( I am using Sonar X1 and jBridge myself regularly and I can't reproduce the problem, so perhaps it's an issue with a specific plugin )

Return to “Instruments”