Need testers for my x86 to x64 vst adapter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
jBridge jBridgeM

Done! E-mail sent.

hello, can anyone help me? I cant automate any of my bridged vst plugins onto session view, or i don't know how to. The non-bridged vsts are doing great, when i click on a knob in the vst, i got the option to automate on the session view, i don't get that option on the bridged vsts.

Hello.

Which host is it?
Free MIDI plugins and other stuff:
https://jstuff.wordpress.com
"MIDI 2.0 is an extension of MIDI 1.0. It does not replace MIDI 1.0(...)"

Hello,

I have a strange issue with Ableton Live 9 64 bit Mac osx (snow leapard)

For some reason the plugins I'm bridging from 32 to 64 are not showing up at all in Live 9.

any reason for this? I think it might be Live, since it is doing something else with my 64 bit VST's.

dw

Hi!

I am getting some reports of this, but I can't reproduce it in my machine, which makes it hard to figure out what's going on.

Could you check something?

If you go through all the files inside /Applications/jBridgeM/and right-click them, do they all have read/write permissions for your user?

umd wrote:Hello.

Which host is it?
Im on retina macbook 15' with ableton 64bit, using JbridgeM 0,76

Oh, OK. Could you check what I mentioned above for dusted william too?

Thanks

umd wrote:Hi!

I am getting some reports of this, but I can't reproduce it in my machine, which makes it hard to figure out what's going on.

Could you check something?

If you go through all the files inside /Applications/jBridgeM/and right-click them, do they all have read/write permissions for your user?
I have strange permissions for most files.

Do you want exact info on which files before I fix them?

-dw

If you don't mind, yes, please. I am trying to understand what's happening exactly, so far I still don't know.

if you run the command /Applications/jBridgeM/config in the terminal, do the permissions get fixed?

Thanks

umd wrote:If you don't mind, yes, please. I am trying to understand what's happening exactly, so far I still don't know.

if you run the command /Applications/jBridgeM/config in the terminal, do the permissions get fixed?

Thanks
no if I run that command in terminal I get a permissions denied.

I PM'd you a link with the info.

-dw

okay, this is what i see

Me: read/write permission. Staff: read/write permission. Everyone: Write protection for these files: auxhost64, proxy32.vst, proxy64.vst, JBridgerM, bridger32.bundle, bridger64.bundle, PluginAnalyzerHost32, PluginAnalyzer64, auxhost

Me:Read/write permission. Everyone: no permission on these files: plugin_name_32, plugin_name_64, config, 64bitTest

fixing permission fixed my problem with not seeing them, now to figure out automation.

dw

From the info I gathered so far, it seems that the permissions for the files aren't being set correctly. Why this is happening, I still don't know, at least in my system they are set correctly.

anderskm, could you, set read permissions ( only ) for plugin_name_32 and plugin_name_64 for everyone, recreate the bridging files and let me know if the problem remains?

dusted william, thanks for the pics you sent me. Sorry, back there I meant

sudo /Applications/jBridgeM/config

But you got it working meanwhile, so it's not necessary anymore.

Regarding the automation problem, you'll need to keep the correspondent settings window open, are you doing that ( this is unfortunately a limitation of the bridging process )?

I meant to report this issue since a long time but lost this thread. Anyway, here are the steps that led to the problem:

1. I ran JBridge and selected the 32 bit plugins to be JBridged. Rather than putting the jbridged versions in a separate folder (recommended procedure), I decided to put them in their own respective folder.
2. Reaper 4.32, saw all of them. I created a demo project used a few of those and saved it. Everything went well.
3. After 2-3 days when I tried to open the same project. I got strange errors and Reaper hung. I had to kill the process. None of the JBridged plugins opened.
4. Deleted the respective .64 files. Reopened the project and was able to open to project.

Not sure what went wrong. I never used JBridge outside of Sonar X1. This is the first time. Within Sonar it works fine, however I received blank screens at the time this problem started. Notable plugins were VoS NastyDLAmkII, Ambience reverb, etc.

My system specs:
Win 8 Pro, 64 bit
JBridge 1.5
Reaper 4.32 and Sonar X1
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Hi!

I don't recommend putting the bridging files in the same folder as the original plugin precisely because strange things can happen, specially if the host doesn't like duplicated plugins or has its own bridge ( it may not know which one to use, it may bridge the already bridged plugins with its own bridge, etc ).

It would be best if you remove all the bridging files that you have currently and re-create them again in a separate directory, and see what problems persist.

( But remember that Sonar X1 doesn't need them, as it can use jBridge automatically if you choose so )

Return to “Instruments”