ARP Pro Soloist virtual vst at last :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is it made with synthedit? the filter reminds me a bit of it, hence i'm concerned there could be problems with multicore cpu's ... i love the soloist, vangelis did a lot of solo instruments with it in the 70's ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:is it made with synthedit? the filter reminds me a bit of it, hence i'm concerned there could be problems with multicore cpu's
hasnt that been fixed in the latest edition of SE?

i don't know ... even if so, the synth could've been made with a previous version of se ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

I'm having a dualcore and have no issues running the demo at all.

DragonSagoth wrote:I'm having a dualcore and have no issues running the demo at all.
are you running multiple instances of the synth?

Kriminal wrote:
DragonSagoth wrote:I'm having a dualcore and have no issues running the demo at all.
Let me try...

5 minutes later:

Ugh. No, it doesn't work. I get horrible cracking whenever the other instance plays in parralel with the first instance. FL7 host. Time to write to developers, to recompile it in the latest synthedit, I suppose?

DragonSagoth wrote:Time to write to developers, to recompile it in the latest synthedit, I suppose?
I don't think this has been fixed at all. The last official SE release is v1.017 of November 2007. There are v1.1x betas, but no mention of a fix of this issue (which one would suspect to be announced with great pride).
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

DragonSagoth wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
Let me try...

5 minutes later:

Ugh. No, it doesn't work. I get horrible cracking whenever the other instance plays in parralel with the first instance. FL7 host. Time to write to developers, to recompile it in the latest synthedit, I suppose?
i was afraid that was happening ... on their blog they already kind of hesitated to confirm that there's going to be no mac version ... they left it open to the future, but i suppose synthedit is the real reason ...
ahhh, damned, i was hoping so hard for a real emulation of the solist ... :?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

On the other hand, why would you need multiple instances of it, it's a solo synth :D If you need to switch a patch in the middle of the song, that can be automated. Perhaps when layering, but then again I think one instance is mighty enough for most uses.

brok landers wrote:ahhh, damned, i was hoping so hard for a real emulation of the solist ... :?
ZioKiller could always take a shot at creating one, if enough people kindly asks him to try?

brok landers wrote:i was afraid that was happening ... on their blog they already kind of hesitated to confirm that there's going to be no mac version ... they left it open to the future, but i suppose synthedit is the real reason ...ahhh, damned, i was hoping so hard for a real emulation of the solist ... :?
Here's what they say:

Text: Good job guys! There is just one thing: your VST is made with an old version of SynthEdit which has problems with multicore CPUs. Namely, whenever multiple instances are loaded, and more than one is playing at the same time, horrible cracking clipping noise occurs. I tried this in Sonar 7PE and FL Studio 7. As I've heard this bug has been corrected in the latest SynthEdit version, so please make v1.0.6. of your VSTi and compile it with the latest SE. And also, if at all possible, please make those beeps rarer. I'd have no issues with the demo if the beep was every 30 seconds. This is just too much and very disturbing, because it makes evaluating the VST almost impossible.

Answer: Actually the Pro SoloVst has not been made with SynthEdit at all. It has been entirely developed in Visual C++. However we will investigate about the multicore problem and come back soon with a solution. Thanks for your suggestions, we'll keep in mind the beep rate issue too.

How much is there to suspect?

Bonamici wrote: There are some descent refills of the Pianet (Electro mechanical refill) and The RMI piano (Sonic Refill Instruments of the 60's and 70's) I use in Propellerheads Reason 4, well worth!

Also, the after touch function in AM ProSolovst is much improved in the 1.05 update! Sweet!
Actually the Electro mechanical refill has samples of the Pianet T, which I've heard, doesn't sound like Tony's Pianet N.
Not sure though...
I think the only Pianet N out there is Scarbee's Sticky Piano, but it's kinda expensive, at least for now.

The Instruments of the 60's and 70's might be worth looking at.

Thanks!

DragonSagoth, they took your sugestion, less clicks and les dropdown screens in demo! Good news for everyone.

Gee wrote:FindBEEEPingBEEEPithardtoBEEEPtryBEEEPthisoneBEEEPbecauseBEEEPofthatBEEEPingBEEEPing.

I know you want protect your software but for goodness BEEEPING sake. :(

This has kept me laughing now for a while. :lol:

it's not made in synthedit.

just to clear that up.

not that it matters to me, but there's a lot of people at kvr who listen with their eyes, so i figured i would mention it.

it's developed with visual c++.

mkay. bye.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

KeysBR wrote:
Bonamici wrote: There are some descent refills of the Pianet (Electro mechanical refill) and The RMI piano (Sonic Refill Instruments of the 60's and 70's) I use in Propellerheads Reason 4, well worth!

Also, the after touch function in AM ProSolovst is much improved in the 1.05 update! Sweet!
Actually the Electro mechanical refill has samples of the Pianet T, which I've heard, doesn't sound like Tony's Pianet N.
Not sure though...
I think the only Pianet N out there is Scarbee's Sticky Piano, but it's kinda expensive, at least for now.

The Instruments of the 60's and 70's might be worth looking at.

Thanks!

DragonSagoth, they took your sugestion, less clicks and les dropdown screens in demo! Good news for everyone.
Hi again KeysBR!

I think "Sonic Refill Instruments of the 60's and 70's" also got the Pianet N...

Cheers
Bon 8)
My band Unifaun: http://www.unifaun-music.com

Return to “Instruments”