Help with Komplexer install

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

So far I've managed to get everything up and running on my new PC, but today I had a FAIL when trying to install Terratec's Komplexer. I put in the correct serial number and it tells me, "Authorization failed, bye."

Useful.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm on Vista 64, but I've got the VST folder outside of the program folder and UAC is off. I'm not sure what else to try. Terratec and Musonik both seem to deny the existence of Komplexer. Has anyone ever seen such a decent piece of software so swiftly and utterly abandoned like this? Weird.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Have you tried activating the standalone, Mark? Try that.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:Have you tried activating the standalone, Mark? Try that.

ew
Sorry Ew, I probably wasn't as clear as I should have been. I can't even get it to install. Part of the install asks me to input the serial number and after that I get the fail message.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Ah. I'm wondering if it's an x64 issue. Have you downloaded the latest version from the Musonik FTP site?

ew
A spectral heretic...

The last version was 1.020, wasn't it? I never had problems installing it as a plug-in only -- with XP. It does seem like an OS issue.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

zerocrossing wrote:Hey,

So far I've managed to get everything up and running on my new PC, but today I had a FAIL when trying to install Terratec's Komplexer. I put in the correct serial number and it tells me, "Authorization failed, bye."

Useful.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm on Vista 64, but I've got the VST folder outside of the program folder and UAC is off. I'm not sure what else to try. Terratec and Musonik both seem to deny the existence of Komplexer. Has anyone ever seen such a decent piece of software so swiftly and utterly abandoned like this? Weird.
You do need to have the original CD loaded to install and update it.

Yes it's crappy that they just abandoned it pretty much without so much as a bug fix (in fact the only updates they did put out made it worse)

aMUSEd wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:Hey,

Useful.

You do need to have the original CD loaded to install and update it.

Yes it's crappy that they just abandoned it pretty much without so much as a bug fix (in fact the only updates they did put out made it worse)
That's right. I checked and I do have a CD. It was the update I downloaded. If they'd lowered the price, they might have sold more and been inclined to support the product instead of dumping it. Maybe.

Hi,
I also experienced the same thing on Vista 64 (I have the original CD and updated to 1.02): Authorization failed, bye. The program asked for username and serial number.

You are correct, both Musonik and Terratec don't want to do with Komplexer. Musonik suggested that I contact Terratec. I, then, emailed Terrratec, sofar no respond at all after more than a week. So, we are on our own now, I guess.

I think my issue was I was sending things to Terratec and they seem to ignore all Komplexer questions. Ew mentioned Musonik so I gave that a try and I got a nice response from someone there and they gave me a download link. I'll see if that works tonight and report back.

I s
Zerocrossing Media

There was a 1.03 (beta) that Musonic will let people have if you email them - that was the last ever build - but tbh it's just as buggy as 1.02. I don't think Musonic have the expertise or inclination to take development any further.

Hi there,

had the same problem, which gave me some headache for two weeks.
Came up with this solution, after reading a thread on the cubase.net forum.

(Quote from the post I put on a thread on the NI forum):

"And here's one tip I'd like to share, if you (or every other one, who got Komplexer) wants to install Komplexer on a 64bit system
(I had a hard time, to get this happen on my new Vista 64bit system, might also help with some Waldorf stuff, which uses the CD-Check Copy-protection, like the Waldorf Plugin Edition):

go to > Start button > execute > regedit

navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion"

in the right view create a new string and name it "ProductId" (without the quotations)

as a value input your Windows ProductID (you can find it in the properties of "My Computer").
Close the Registry Editor, and after that you can install Komplexer in the usual way without an error message."

Just have to add, that you shouldn't delete the registry entry after the installation, otherwise you'll get a message at the start up of the synth, that you need to re-install the plugin.
Since Vista is elsewhere looking for the productID, this entry doesn't interfere with the system.

Hope, I saved you some headaches :wink:

Cheers,
losan

PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
of Komplexer - with every other version the automation of the macros
is broken and causes Kore to crash, unless you open the Komplexer GUI.

losan wrote: PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
Actually macro automation is broken in all hosts except for that version.

losan wrote:Hi there,

had the same problem, which gave me some headache for two weeks.
Came up with this solution, after reading a thread on the cubase.net forum....
Wow, thanks for that. I'll look into that tonight. Thanks so much for the information.
Zerocrossing Media

losan wrote:navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion"
After the second post regarding x64 I figured the installer wasn't writing to the registry correctly. And then I saw your post. :)

losan wrote:
Hope, I saved you some headaches :wink:

Cheers,
losan

PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
YOU DID! Big time. If you're ever round the SF bay area I'll buy you a beer the size of a Japanese toilet. Thank you so much.

The guy did send me v1.0.3 though and I see the automation in Live 8 isn't working. Where would I find v 1.0.1 I wonder...

(edit) I did manage to make automation work, just not on the macro controls. I guess I can live with that.

Cheerio,

M
Zerocrossing Media

Return to “Instruments”