Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
Teksonik
KVRAF

12288 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:38 pm

1-2-Many wrote:Wow - I didn't realize you could still buy Purity - but looks like the website is still up and going. I bought it years ago but didn't find myself using it much - HS2 won out. If the OP still cares after these long 10 months I'd suggest HALion Sonic - http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=show&id=4508

It was well worth the $99 upgrade price ...and sounds a LOT better than Purity :hihi:

I've owned Purity for several years and it is capable of some very nice sounds. If anyone looks at Purity as a GM rompler they are missing the point. :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
djanthonyw
KVRAF

6892 posts since 20 Jul, 2004

Postby djanthonyw; Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Teksonik wrote:Bumping it just to answer a question that has been forgotten months and months ago is totally pointless.
The thread was open so I was free to post with my opinion on the subject. If you don't like my opinion on how bad Purity sounds then I think you're out of options.

To assume that I bumped an old thread just to "plug my sale" is pretty ridiculous considering I never mentioned PSP as an option in this thread and I have my own thread in the market place for anyone that might be interested.
You are currently reading my signature.
1-2-Many
KVRAF

2969 posts since 22 Feb, 2004, from Planet Earth...for now

Postby 1-2-Many; Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Teksonik wrote:I've owned Purity for several years and it is capable of some very nice sounds. If anyone looks at Purity as a GM rompler they are missing the point. :P
I agree, but I also think there's a lot of room for improvement - doubtful there wil be any though. I don't think it sounds like crap, but it pales in comparsion to other "romplers" out these days, esp HALion Sonic, or Omnisphere.
Teksonik
KVRAF

Postby Teksonik; Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:52 pm

djanthonyw wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Bumping it just to answer a question that has been forgotten months and months ago is totally pointless.
The thread was open so I was free to post with my opinion on the subject. If you don't like my opinion on how bad Purity sounds then I think you're out of options.

To assume that I bumped an old thread just to "plug my sale" is pretty ridiculous considering I never mentioned PSP as an option in this thread and I have my own thread in the market place for anyone that might be interested.

Hmmmmmmm the OP's question was about Romplers.............You're selling a Rompler.................doesn't take a Holmes and Watson.

Any threads from five years ago that you want to express your opinion on?

Anyway....................what................ever........... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Teksonik
KVRAF

Postby Teksonik; Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:54 pm

1-2-Many wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I've owned Purity for several years and it is capable of some very nice sounds. If anyone looks at Purity as a GM rompler they are missing the point. :P
I agree, but I also think there's a lot of room for improvement - doubtful there wil be any though. I don't think it sounds like crap, but it pales in comparsion to other "romplers" out these days, esp HALion Sonic, or Omnisphere.

Don't think of it as a Rompler. I agree the sampleset sucks for that purpose. Look at it as a 16 layer synth...........32 Osc's, 16 Arps with Latch, 16 Filters, Sequencer etc etc..............
djanthonyw
KVRAF

Postby djanthonyw; Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Teksonik wrote:Hmmmmmmm the OP's question was about Romplers.............You're selling a Rompler.................doesn't take a Holmes and Watson.

Any threads from five years ago that you want to express your opinion on?

Anyway....................what................ever........... :lol:
As I already mentioned, I'm still doing research on the subject myself and found this thread. I used to have Hypersonic and I've demoed Purity numerous times.
djanthonyw
KVRAF

Postby djanthonyw; Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Teksonik wrote:Don't think of it as a Rompler. I agree the sampleset sucks for that purpose.
Isn't that what this thread is about?
Teksonik
KVRAF

Postby Teksonik; Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:58 pm

djanthonyw wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Don't think of it as a Rompler. I agree the sampleset sucks for that purpose.
Isn't that what this thread is about?

No it's about ten months old...........and dead......... :lol:
1-2-Many
KVRAF

Postby 1-2-Many; Tue May 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Resurrection time again ;)

I was futzing about with an old project today that uses Purity and remembered the biggest reason I cooled on it...it only has two outs!!! A 16 part multi-timbral synth with 2 outputs!!!!? WTH?
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Tue May 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Who cares now? Is it even still available
1-2-Many
KVRAF

Postby 1-2-Many; Tue May 07, 2013 6:42 pm

ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

wow, i guess bob's my uncle.
trimph1
KVRAF

17016 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Tue May 07, 2013 7:40 pm

1-2-Many wrote:Yes - appears to be - http://luxonix.com/home/en/purity.html

mmmm...interesting. Although the 2 I/O scenario seems a bit limiting... :help:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing
vata44
KVRAF

1549 posts since 29 Jul, 2007

Postby vata44; Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm

djanthonyw wrote:Purity is absolutely HORRIBLE sounding. Worse than a Casio keyboard, borderline Soundblaster GM quality.

+1
Jayvoice
KVRer

1 post since 10 Jul, 2018

Postby Jayvoice; Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm Re: Hypersonic 2 vs Purity

Purity is really cool lite and nice... Only depends on how you treat it... Wise up! :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments