Electri6ity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

progtronic wrote: hmmm.. I'm just not having the issues you listed getting good, (low) chunky Death Metal tones out of Electri6ity, Guitar Rig and any one Electricity guitar (even the hollow bodies).

I use just about every combo of stomps, heads, cabs and guitars for the same basic Metal chunk tones.

but I'm using the 'stomp boxes' more like pre-amps.. by just adding a bit of grit to the initial tone and helping to shape the chunky muted low end, before it hits the amp head.

then I apply most of the distortion in the amp head itself.. tweak the cabinets and mics (usually around three different ones).. then eq all that for the basic overall tone.

from there I add some fx.. then maybe eq a bit after that as well, before it leaves Guitar Rig.

really not understanding how (or why) you are having to use multiple guitars to just emulate one.. would totally mangle my brain to even try to get that to work.. lol
Ehm, let me explain. My amp setup is the following: stomp -> compressor -> preamp -> cabinet.
Stomp is used to amplify attack mostly, to make mutes more chunky, fat. "pre-heater", so to speak.
Compressor is optional, if finely tuned it can clean up tone a lot, however it may also ruin the complete sound. Hello to Slipperman on that =)
Preamp does the real distortion and tone work.
cabinet is a cabinet :D
So, mainly, i use it like you and everybody else does =)

But i don't like what Guitar Rig produces. First, i didn't like the sound and spent some time trying to find out why. Next, i started full-scale frequency analysis on GR output and found out what i wrote you - lots of "digital" harmonics in high frequences (that looked pretty much like white noise to me), and way too few harmonics at all in mid-low and low sections (which is also nowhere near the real amp + cab result). Yes, you can EQ that, but, mostly, you will not get as "full" (i mean exactly full, now just low) sound as you may get from a real amp, or even from other good ampsims, like Revalver. That is because thess faulties are clearly heard at distorted sounds, I, personally, can (mostly) distinguish Guitar Rig from other ampsims i've listed by ear. Maybe there is a way to surpass it, but i could not find it, as i had anyway tonns of time spent to understand what is missing. Also, the possible reason for these faults is that GR was (and mostly is, as i remember) mathemetical modeller by origin, and its math. model still lacks something. And it is now definitely less realistic than multi-impulse sims like Revalver.
However, for clean or semi-clean sound such behavior is not so devastating as for distorted ones. In fact, sometimes it is an advantage, as you will most likely try to make low mids in it thinner anyway. So for this purpose i may still use Guitar Rig.

For guitars setup: we have songs written for two guitars: A and D. They play different parts, but they are not classic "rhytm" and "lead" guitars. Both of them are actually "rhytm", while each of them may sometimes become "lead". This produces quite nice polyphonic sound, but also makes it way harder to mix together. With live guitar it was also played like that, and this is also the reason why we could not find guitarists able to play such parts - the parts are to be played carefully and accurately, and to do that one needs to practice a lot. Noone could =) We had tried... ehm.. 8 different people for that. All of them were not dedicative enough, they did not want to work that hard. 1 synth did the job =)
So, basically, it is not using two guitars to simulate one, it is orchestral-type parts for two guitars, which together produce a complex chord, like orchestra does :)
bill45 wrote: Nice tune lol4ever.
Tx a lot! I now want to take some more classic riff for a tutorial and see, how Electri6ity handles that.
Last edited by lol4ever on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sorry, double post happened for some reason.

lol4ever wrote:...But i don't like what Guitar Rig produces. First, i didn't like the sound and spent some time trying to find out why. Next, i started full-scale frequency analysis on GR output and found out what i wrote you - lots of "digital" harmonics in high frequences (that looked pretty much like white noise to me), and way too few harmonics at all in mid-low and low sections (which is also nowhere near the real amp + cab result). Yes, you can EQ that, but, mostly, you will not get as "full" (i mean exactly full, now just low) sound as you may get from a real amp, or even from other good ampsims, like Revalver...
ahh ok. I think I may hear that as well.. it's just that I'm so used to working with it, I guess it doesn't bother me. by the time it hits the end of the stack, and the fx chain.. it sorta seems to smooth out.

I generally boost the highs and lows with eq somewhere in the middle, and sometimes at the end of the chain. I use filters once in a while as well.. so that might be what's smoothing out those high frequency artifacts.
lol4ever wrote:...For guitars setup: we have songs written for two guitars: A and D. They play different parts, but they are not classic "rhytm" and "lead" guitars. Both of them are actually "rhytm", while each of them may sometimes become "lead". This produces quite nice polyphonic sound, but also makes it way harder to mix together...

...So, basically, it is not using two guitars to simulate one, it is orchestral-type parts for two guitars, which together produce a complex chord, like orchestra does :)
ok, that makes more sense. :D

I'm kinda doing the same thing with two rhythms and two leads as well. sometimes they swap duties between the guitars.. and sometimes the whole set of rhythm guitars switch with the leads.

lead tones taking on the rhythm can be weird, but cool sounding. almost acoustic, due to the nature of the lead tones not being quite as distorted, and rounder on the low end.. while the rhythm guitar tones are really bright and crunchy on the high end.

makes for a really dynamic production, and keeps things interesting with the tonal shifting.

Kurari wrote:Electri6ity goes pretty low. I have a song "illuminate" that is tuned to "F" and it comes out insanely clean. I'd say a real low tune guitar couldn't make the notes so clean.
Could you please tell me how in the world you can get Electri6ity to tune ANY LOWER than C? I joined this forum literally just for an answer to this question, because everyone seems to be able to get lower than C and there are no instructions anywhere that I can find on how to do it. Please explain how you were able to do this, because C is just not low enough at all, you understand.

Cheers.

lol4ever wrote:
As soon as i finally find the sound, i will post the audios, if someone is interested. Drop A tuning on 1 guitar, D tuning on the other one =)
Could you PLEASE explain how you tune Electri6ity lower than C? I joined this forum JUST for an answer to this question. C is just not low enough.

Cheers.

seeyoupes wrote:Could you PLEASE explain how you tune Electri6ity lower than C? I joined this forum JUST for an answer to this question. C is just not low enough.

Cheers.
set the instrument to "C" tuning.. then adjust the big "Tuning" knob on the top of the device itself.

the samples in Electri6ity are very high quality, and can be artificially tuned down quite a bit.. with little, or no artifacts.

It would be nice to have the guitars actually sampled at those lower tunings.. but this method works well for most of us.

So naturally, I figured this out not MINUTES after making the initial post. So thanks anyways.

So I have another question. Can you please explain how you got your sustain chords to sound so thick and rich and not artificial? I've heard your demos and I'm really digging the sound. Maybe you can post some screenshots of the settings knobs you're tweaking?

Cheers.

Hi. Newbie needing assistance here !

I want to get Electri6ity to have the same tone than what you can hear in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6owUjeEjpe0

There are some informations :

Guitar, Signal Chains:

Rhythm Guitar 1 (Panned Left):
Electri6ity (Lipstick) Pre-Amp = on } Guitar Rig 4 Pro } Demon Distortion } Lead 800 } Pro-Filter } Control Room (Modern 4x12) } *Shelving } *Parametric } *Parametric (*Equalizer) } Rotator } Studio Reverb

Rhythm Guitar 2 (Panned Right):
Electri6ity (Rickenbacker) Pre-Amp = on } Guitar Rig 4 Pro } Demon Distortion } Lead 800 } Pro-Filter } Control Room (Modern 4x12) } *Shelving } *Parametric } *Parametric (*Equalizer) } Ensemble } Twin Delay

Lead Guitar:
Electri6ity (Les Paul P90) Pre-Amp = on } Guitar Rig 4 Pro } Transamp } *Shelving } *Parametric } Pro-Filter } Gratifier } Control Room (British 2x12) } *Shelving } *Parametric } *Parametric (*Equalizer) } Psychdelay } Phaser Nine } Studio Reverb

I tried to rebuild the chain, but I can get nowhere near this sound.

So, how exactly do I do that ?

Thanks !

Thanks. But I loaded the two presets, and the sound is very poor, There must be something wrong with my computer ...

http://requietus.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12 ... g-guitar-s uite-gui.html

I dropped on these a while back, on what do ya know, somebody did a GUI version.
These are definite must haves. Give them a try Im sure you will get a very pleasent surprise, (oh yeah, and they are free)

I've been looking for this information everywhere but to no avail, and it's driving me nuts...

is there any way I can use chord detection without actually having Electri6ity playing (strumming) this chord? E.g. I would like to pick individual notes of a chord using the 6 pick string trigger keys, but without having it strum the chord first. Like on a real guitar grabbing a chord with my left hand first and then start picking the individual strings.

Is this even possible or do I really have to play the individual notes on the keyboard?

Rick, there is a silent mode, in the play menu.In this mode,notes in the playing range are silent.You trigger you playing with the strum and picking keys.

Just an update..

My latest album will be released in a couple months (well hopefully around the first of next year).

I compiled and zipped up all the Electri6ity and Guitar Rig 5 patches I used for the entire project. Also a few amp setups for impactsoundworks Acoustic Bouzouki. There's even a bunch of experimental and test stuff in there I never used (like the Shreddage patches).

The Electri6ity patches are pretty much identical. The only stuff I changed for each song, were things like the pre-pick delay.. to compensate for 32nd notes and the overall BPM of the track.

You can grab the files here (under Guitar Rig 5 & Electri6ity Patches):
http://www.progtronic.com/files/files.html

Or just click here:
http://www.progtronic.com/files/progtro ... atches.zip

My entire website will be changing soon.. so I can't guarantee these patches will still be available after.. or how long they will currently be available.

So get 'em while you can. :)

Thanks! :tu:

Is there a really good, thick palm mute in there anywhere? I'm having troubles with that in Electri6ity.
Blue Phase Music

Return to “Instruments”