Electri6ity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PhRey,What I'm saying is that,the tone going into the amp sim makes a huge
difference in the final sound. an example.Sound on sound magazine reviewed
the studio devil VGA II amp sim.There are audio examples on their web site,
one of which, is the direct guitar signal.
I downloaded the direct guitar audio file,and put it through all my amp sims.
The sound was far better than anything i could get with any of my sample libraries.It sounds to me, like V-metal may be a step forward in direct tone.
The v- metal demos sound beter than the prominy SC demoes.The direct tone of SC is very thin and brittle.
Electri6ity,is awesome,for doing realistic guitar parts.Electri6ity is the best
library for doing repeated un-muted ,sustained notes and chords.
Rick, dreambliss, nice to hear from you, can't wait to hear your new stuff.
When Benjamin chimes in, the reunion will be complete.

I agree, thank you bill ;o)

Been a while since I posted a track..

I took a few days break, from working on my album, to remix one of my favorite bands.

This is a remix of, Lamb - Butterfly Effect:
http://soundcloud.com/progtronic/progtr ... fly-effect

As usual.. all the guitars are Electri6ity.

Nice work, as usual Rick.Can You give us more details please.
Did you upgrade to guitar rig 5 yet?

bill45 wrote:Nice work, as usual Rick.Can You give us more details please.
Did you upgrade to guitar rig 5 yet?
Haven't upgraded to the new Native Instruments stuff yet.. I'm still on Komplete 7.

I have, however, switched to PreSonus' Studio One.. from Sonar. This piece was a sort of.. breaking in, of the new DAW.

Here's a complete list:

Gear List:

DAW:
Studio One v2 - Professional; with Melodyne Essential and RedlightDist

VST Synth & Sound Libraries:
Toontrack: Superior Drummer; with The Metal Foundry SDX, Twisted Kit EZX and Electronic EZX.
Spectrasonics: Trillian
Native Instruments: Kontakt; with Electri6ity, Cinematic Guitars and Komplete 7 stock sound libraries. Massive and FM8.

VST Effects:
Native Instruments: Guitar Rig 4 Pro
iZotope: Alloy, Ozone 5

I used the Lipstick and LP P90 for the rhythm guitars.. the Strat for the clean.. and the Rickenbacker for the lead.
Last edited by progtronic on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks Rick.

is that true that "the limit of electri6ity is the sky"?that's what they say.I'm asking this since I don't know how to play a guitar.is there any playing technique specially in performing a metal solo that this software can't perform?for example I think slides in it is not so complete.or maybe I still don't know how to do that. can you tell me please?

lp_listener wrote:is that true that "the limit of electri6ity is the sky"?that's what they say.I'm asking this since I don't know how to play a guitar.is there any playing technique specially in performing a metal solo that this software can't perform?for example I think slides in it is not so complete.or maybe I still don't know how to do that. can you tell me please?
there isn't any guitar sample library on the planet that will let you do everything you can possibly do with a real guitar.. though Electri6ity does let you do a lot of cool things.

you can trigger slides from any note to any other note (if they are on the same string), with a key-switch. you can also vary the speed of the slide in the options.

you can simulate chord slides.. by plotting note slides, on top of the chord, in your piano roll.

Hi ppl!

I've read this thread for a while and finally decided to register to participate =)
I've been using Electri6ity for a year or so now, still trying to find out the best sound. Quite a task, as i am drummer/sound engineer, not a guitarist, and my band's songwriter kicks me a lot for sound being "not realistic"
Anyway, what i am really anxious to see and hear - a comparison between fine tuned heavy electri6ity and new V-metal. 'Cuz V-metal demos are good, but again - demos. Shreddage demos are also good, but when applied to something else, it sounds far less realistic and fine than Electri6ity (at least, that is my experience). I am really afraid to face the same with V-metal, and as there are still no full scale reviews, potential throwing out 299$ just to be assured, that Electri6ity is superior bites me.

As soon as i finally find the sound, i will post the audios, if someone is interested. Drop A tuning on 1 guitar, D tuning on the other one =)

Welcome lol4ever,
AS progtronic said, "there isn't any guitar sample library on the planet that will let you do everything you can possibly do with a real guitar..".
Electri6ity can be very realistic.It is the champ,For repeated, unmuted chords.
I haven't got the sound I want with the amp sims yet.Sometimes, I get better results with shreddage, it's cheap and comes with a special Peavey amp sim.
I've gotten good results from prominy SC too.This is my favorite clen guitar+
amp sim tone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5YQqPTL ... ure=relmfu
So, maybe V-Metal is worth it.I'm asking the same?Do I need another clean guitar library

Here's another demo by Javi, that uses both ectri6ity and V- Metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKU3SUiW ... re=related
Every V-Metal demo I've heard so far,sounds awesome! Doesn't seem to matter,which amp sim is used.

bill45 wrote:Here's another demo by Javi, that uses both ectri6ity and V- Metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKU3SUiW ... re=related
Every V-Metal demo I've heard so far,sounds awesome! Doesn't seem to matter,which amp sim is used.
Is it me, or guitars here sound a bit too digital?.. I mean the mutes.

What still stops me from buying V-metal as, at least, an addition to Electri6ity is that all the demos i've heard are relatively slow. Slow Electri6ity also sounds perfectly. However, we have very fast mutes-open combinations in the songs. And that is where Electri6ity does not sound completely as i would like it to sound. Even with all parameters set to super tight mutes.

As for the ampsim, i was using Rammfire + GR4. Then tried to move the presets to GR5 as i upgraded, had problems with that and decided to try something else. "Else" was Revalver MKIII. So far, Revalver's sound seems better for me, more "fat" in it. However, i am quite sure, that i didn't push everything i should have from Rammfire. And as an addition, i cannot say for now, if it is the guitar attack/tightness i'm not having (and i should go buy V-metal) or it's an ampsim.

My head already hurts from it =) I wish i never knew about V-metal until i have finished mixing these demos =)

I'm getting some nice, tight, fast mute results with Electri6ity and Guitar Rig 5 (finally upgraded to Komplete 8) for my Technical Death Metal project.

The V-Metal mutes do sound more digital though.. at least in all the demo's I've heard so far. They sound more like a mechanical scrape, than an actual string.

Might have to do with the picking technique the samples were recorded with. I don't have V-Metal.. so I'm not sure if there are picking style options to choose from, like with Electri6ity.

I know that amp tone design really has a huge effect on how tight mutes can sound as well.. so it's not fully up to just the picking/playing style used.

Only thing really keeping me from buying V-Metal, is the price.. I just can't justify buying one sampled instrument for $300. I don't care how well it's sampled.. I need some variety.

Electri6ity is still the best bang for the buck in terms of $$ v.s. number of guitars included.

I hear Ya, on the mutes.They kinda remind me of early metallica/pantera tunes.
lol4ever, Have you played with mute tightness parameter,in the playing menu?
Progtronic is real good at this. Check out his tutorial.
Rick, looking forward to your project.I've seen V-Metal for $199.

bill45 wrote:...I've seen V-Metal for $199.
Still too much...

I'd buy it for $100.. maybe.

Return to “Instruments”