Electri6ity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

b15fliptop wrote:
Misser wrote:so dynamitec. Here's the inevitable question. When will you give us Electri6ity 1.5 or maybe even 2, with all the new features from Acou6tics and Kontakt 5?
Yeah, what he said!
Hey, dynamitec.. maybe not all the new features...

Acou6tics drop tuning? Seriously? Not actual down tuned samples? You're just tweaking Kontakts main tuning knob by force scripting it through Acou6tics parameter settings?.. Which locks down the main tuning knob?

What were you guys thinking?!

So, in order to have full control of the main tuning knob.. I have to leave Acou6tics drop tune setting at 'default', which means I can't play below a low E.. because the notes below that are still blocked out.. no matter how low I tune the main knob.

Unless.. I set it up with Acou6tics tuning page, which locks it in place at least to drop B.. but then the main tuning knob can't be manually tweaked any further.

Guess what? I need to go lower!

Even worse.. is that I need to re-tweak the main tuning knob each time I call up a session, because Acou6tics resets it to 0.. because.. 'default'.

Really bad...

Basically, I just want to be able to set Acou6tics to its lowest allowed drop tuning, within the settings pages.. then drop it even further with Kontakts main tuning knob (and have it remember that).. just like Electri6ity.

So disappointed...

There are other issues I have with Acou6tics as well..

..but I'll leave those for another rant. :P

Hi Progtronic,
how low do you need to go in tuning? There is no technical difference between lowtuning the samples and using Kontakts tuning knob. In Electri6ity it worked exactly the same btw. The way it is right now is necessary to keep the symphatetic resonance working at all tunings, since it is physically correct and far more enhanced than in Electri6ity. Let me know how deep you need to go, this is easy to add!
But anyway and regarding the rant: I think you are one of very, very few people who needs a tuning below drop B on an acoustic guitar, since this never would be possible on a real acoustic guitar.

Regarding other issues, please wait till the 1.1 update is out, which is pretty soon (at the beginning of the next week or earlier).
Cheers,
Benjamin
Virtual Instrument Developer @ Vir2 / Bigfish Audio

dynamitec wrote:...In Electri6ity it worked exactly the same btw.
Nope.. in Electri6ity you can drop tune to a C in the menues, and then tweak Kontakts tuning knob beyond that all you want (I dropped 4 more semitones down from that (Bb), for my last album).. without any restrictions.

And I swear I can hear a new set of samples kick in, in Electri6ity.. once you set the drop tuning below C.. but maybe it's just tricking my ear.

Anyway.. Ideally, I'd like to be able to drop tune an entire octave (drop E), which is silly.. but so is Metal.. :lol:

I realize this would be a problem, because Acou6tics sampled note section is hard wired to stop at drop B.. then the key switching keys kick in below that. So I can't see any way to change it now.. which is why all that stuff really should have been kept separate from the main tuning knob.

So all I ask is to be able to open up those notes all the way down to that B.. and then be able to tune beyond that with the main tuning knob (like Electri6ity).

Seems simple.. but this would also mess with the whole virtual capo thing.. so I dunno. :?

Hi again,
well it's almost impossible to sample a real acoustic guitar at such low tunings. Especially a Nylon string for example. It would only buzz and wouldn't sound any good. Even a electric guitar needs to be setup correctly when using lower tunings. You can't just tune it down and you are good to go (that's why there are eight string guitars anyway ;)

But back to your request: already fixed. The fix will be available in the next update very soon.

Benjamin
Cheers,
Benjamin

dynamitec wrote:Hi again,
well it's almost impossible to sample a real acoustic guitar at such low tunings. Especially a Nylon string for example. It would only buzz and wouldn't sound any good. Even a electric guitar needs to be setup correctly when using lower tunings. You can't just tune it down and you are good to go (that's why there are eight string guitars anyway ;)

But back to your request: already fixed. The fix will be available in the next update very soon.

Benjamin
I understand you can only drop tune down a little on an acoustic.. but thanks to clean, hi-res digital samples, you can drop them a lot further.

For example.. tune down the picked steel string in Acou6tics (with the Kontakt tuning knob), to -7.. and hit a few minor chords. That's the sorta thing I'm going for.

And the buzzy strings you'd get from trying to sample drop tuned strings a little too low, would be really cool.. honestly. I love that stuff. My brother has an old Washburn acoustic guitar, which is sorta buzzy all over (not even drop tuned).. and has a ton of character.

Some of the low notes in Electri6ty, especially on the Strat.. buzz a little. Great stuff.. wish there was more of that dirty guitar stuff available.

and.. Speaking of 8-strings.. I've mentioned it before.. but a Metal guitar version of Electri6ity would be totally amazing. 7 and 8 string guitars, actual drop (E) tuned sampling.. oh yeah. :D

Anyway.. thanks for putting up with me, and thanks also for implementing any changes you see fit. Glad you guys are so cool about any criticism.. unlike some companies I've had to deal with *coughsamplelogicough*.

Well, if you take a look at the features of Acou6tics and the overall ease of use compared to Electri6ity, you'll see that we really went through most of the threads about that library on the internet. So much feedback - positive and negative - on Electri6ity went into the development of Acou6tics.
Cheers,
Benjamin

Remember those crazy low acoustic tunings on Led Zeppelin III?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9JwxHcOso

bill45 wrote:Remember those crazy low acoustic tunings on Led Zeppelin III?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9JwxHcOso
Never realized that stuff was drop tuned. Cool. 8)

page did a lot of crazy tunnings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4v-_p5dU34

Just FYI: the Acou6tics 1.1 update has been released today.
You can read what's new here:
http://blog.bigfishaudio.com/archives/4642

@Progtronic: it includes the fix for you down-tuning issue!
Cheers,
Benjamin

dynamitec wrote:Just FYI: the Acou6tics 1.1 update has been released today.
You can read what's new here:
http://blog.bigfishaudio.com/archives/4642

@Progtronic: it includes the fix for you down-tuning issue!
I seriously <3 you guys! :D

Not sure what else you did exactly.. but everything sounds way more organic and much more realistic (even with my weird low tuning).

Some of the buzzing we discussed, is there now. I like hearing the strings rattle around a bit on the low end, especially on the 12 string.. which I wasn't considering using at all.. but totally will now.

Awesome work, and a big thanks to everyone involved in the project. :tu:

progtronic wrote:Not sure what else you did exactly.. but everything sounds way more organic and much more realistic (even with my weird low tuning).

Some of the buzzing we discussed, is there now. I like hearing the strings rattle around a bit on the low end, especially on the 12 string.. which I wasn't considering using at all.. but totally will now.

Awesome work, and a big thanks to everyone involved in the project. :tu:
Thanks! I'm glad you are happy now. We've actually been working non-stop on the 1.1 update since Acou6tics has been released. A big thanks goes to all the beta testers and demo writers who came up with a lot of ideas and feature requests, which pretty much all made it into the update.

The buzz you are hearing is the new "bad notes" feature you'll find in the Advanced Setup -> Noise Setup tab. The overall improved more organic and more realistic sound has been achived by carefully tweaking the volume of all articulations, tweaking the default settings (especially for all the noise articulations), fixing some minor mapping issues and especially recutting all the legato samples. There also where quite some big changes to the humanizing engine, the strumming engine, the legato engine - well, pretty much every aspect of the playback engine has been polished with the 1.1 update.

As a customer you know how much it's possible to setup in Acou6tics and it's not an easy task going through all the different instruments and finding exactly the best possible default settings which give you that instant realistic feeling, when loading up the instruments. But I definitely think we (and the beta testers / demo writers) did a good job, finding those settings. As always, it would have been better to have all this in the 1.0 release for a better first impression, but with such complex instruments it's almost impossible to think of everything at the time of the release. You always need the feedback from people who are using the instruments a lot to see what can be improved, added or fixed. Your request was a good example of something that I, for example, didn't think of, since I didn't use Acou6tics the way you use it.
Cheers,
Benjamin

Benjamin, Are there any demos done with 1.1 update?

dynamitec wrote:Well, if you take a look at the features of Acou6tics and the overall ease of use compared to Electri6ity, you'll see that we really went through most of the threads about that library on the internet. So much feedback - positive and negative - on Electri6ity went into the development of Acou6tics.
Does that imply an update may be forthcoming for Electri6ity?

BBFG# wrote:
dynamitec wrote:Well, if you take a look at the features of Acou6tics and the overall ease of use compared to Electri6ity, you'll see that we really went through most of the threads about that library on the internet. So much feedback - positive and negative - on Electri6ity went into the development of Acou6tics.
Does that imply an update may be forthcoming for Electri6ity?
That would be awesome!

Return to “Instruments”