Electri6ity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rick, this is awesome! Where did the octave divider efx come from?
That down tuned guitar in the beginning of darkest origin sounds great!
Are you on facebook?

bill45 wrote:Rick, this is awesome! Where did the octave divider efx come from?
That down tuned guitar in the beginning of darkest origin sounds great!
Are you on facebook?
I didn't use any octave fx. Any octave-like stuff you hear is just from additional guitars playing things an octave lower, against the main lead and/or rhythm guitars.

The drop tuning's probably what's making it sound like an effect. Almost everything is drop tuned to A-flat.

Here's my facebook info:

profile page:
http://www.facebook.com/progtronic

band page:
http://www.facebook.com/tronicbook

Hi,

I just made a account for the following question and I am hoping that someone can help me. I am trying to make a clean-electrical sound with Electri6ity just like in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJnwy8RKuJ8

But the problem is that the sounds from Electri6ity itselve don't sound anything like this. Also I find the pre-amps in Electri6ity itselve not applicable. Unfortunely Guitar Rig doesn't do the trick for me either. I used all the clean presets from guitar rig and watched tutorial on how to make a clean sound with Guitar Rig. The problem is however that the combination of Electri6ity and Guitar Rig doesn't give me the clean "warm" electrical sound that I am desperately trying to make.

Please, can someone help me what I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

janklaasje wrote:Hi,

I just made a account for the following question and I am hoping that someone can help me. I am trying to make a clean-electrical sound with Electri6ity just like in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJnwy8RKuJ8...
I'm assuming you are trying to get that jazzy lead tone?

You will probably need to build a rig from scratch.. don't use presets.

Just use a simple setup in Guitar Rig.

Use the Rickenbacker from Electri6ity.. and route it into a default amp/cab in Guitar Rig. Keep the preamp and volumes low for that clean sound. Try a few different stock amp setups like that until you hear something close to the example. Then tweak the eq's a bit for a better match.

When it's sounding close, add a bit of chorus and delay into the GR chain. Experiment.. you'll get there.

And.. make sure you turn up the pre-pick noise in Electricity to match the BPM setting in your DAW. I'm hearing a lot of pre-pick in that youtube example.

People like the cool plexi,in guitar rig.
Try a low pass filter before the amp head.

Whoa...I just ran across this thread here. 30 year guitar player here. This is the coolest thing I've seen or heard in a long time. Keyboardists now are having some options! This is great. I started playing keys some 17 years ago and have been stealing keyboardists and bassists spots on my tracks for a long time. Time to take those options back to get that virtuoso sound without going through the guitar players ego or breaking strings, or selling the amp to buy weed that week. Hahaha.

Outstanding work. Loved the video demos. Particularly the live player. Not every guitar player gets all picky on how perfectly realistic something has to sound. This does have good realism to my ears and as far as quantization, I have seen some up and comer virtuosos that sound like a midi track they are so precise.

I personally would love to see an audience reaction to a keyboardist playing this while the guitar player with a midi guitar plays the key sounds...

I almost want to get this, but then my guitar would really sit round gathering dust more than it does. The lure of the MPC style drum pads and 49 key controllers, nanoKontrol, Launchpad is already making me put the guitar down too much.

Thank god for options. 13 years of lugging around amps, guitars, pedals, then a whole new world of options opened up to me with the purchase of a groovebox and sampler. What a great turn of events. Look at us now!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

progtronic wrote: I'm assuming you are trying to get that jazzy lead tone?
Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes you are right, the jazzy lead tone is what I am trying to get :-) , let's say the clean stratocaster sound from Mark Knopfler, but still no avail.
I tried the things you proposed, I'v created tens of my own "presets" in GR, clean one's but the the problem is one's I get to the higher notes the sound becomes really crappy... more of a syntesizer instead of a guitar.

I am starting to think it has something to do with Garage Band, that is the program I am using. Probably not but from the youtube videos it is clear that they use Cubase and according to one of the creaters of the songs he only used Electri6ity .. without further plug-ins, which I find rather hard to believe.

I think you are definitely right about the pre-pick that already helps :-) But for GR (I am using GR 4 by the way) I till don't get the clean MK sound that I want (especially the higher notes doesn't sound real).

Wormhelmet wrote:Whoa...I just ran across this thread here. 30 year guitar player here. This is the coolest thing I've seen or heard in a long time. Keyboardists now are having some options!...

...What a great turn of events. Look at us now!
I've been playing only keyboards for at least as long as you've been playing guitar. The biggest issue with trying to emulate somewhat realistic guitars these days, is the guitar tone. Especially Metal.

The actual guitar samples aren't much of an issue, with the many Kontakt guitar instrument options available.. but those freaking guitar tones.

I basically had to (crash course) learn the in and outs of amps and cabs, distortion, eq and effects. And how they all work together.

I'm getting better.. but still learning.

janklaasje wrote:
...the problem is one's I get to the higher notes the sound becomes really crappy... more of a syntesizer instead of a guitar.

I am starting to think it has something to do with Garage Band, that is the program I am using. Probably not but from the youtube videos it is clear that they use Cubase and according to one of the creaters of the songs he only used Electri6ity .. without further plug-ins, which I find rather hard to believe.

I think you are definitely right about the pre-pick that already helps :-) But for GR (I am using GR 4 by the way) I till don't get the clean MK sound that I want (especially the higher notes doesn't sound real).
Garage Band isn't the problem. You could use the exising fx available in Electri6ity.. but it would be horribly limiting.

I'm using GR5 pro myself. It works great for me.. but I'm a long time synth sound designer/tweaker.. so all those options work well for me. That kind of goes for Electri6ity itself as well. Most people are really overwhelmed with all the pages of options it offers.. but I love that it includes all that stuff.

Regarding guitar tones.. It took me months of experimentation to finally get the kinds of sound from Guitar Rig that I really needed. You can see my early frustration near the beginning of this thread.

At first I was convinced it was that the Electri6ity guitars just weren't played and/or sampled with a 'Metal' guitar style in mind.. but it ended up that my tone design was all wrong.

Presets weren't working, so I had to learn all that stuff from scratch.. based on the kind of chunky, muted metal guitar thing I was going for.

So for me, once I got the basic guitar design constructed in Electri6ity.. I then had to learn actual guitar amp/cab/fx design, with GR, on top of that.

So.. don't expect immediate results. You're going to have to put some effort into getting closer to the kind of tone you are going for.

Oh yes, guitar playing isn't just knowing your guitar, it's knowing the combination of effects in the right chain, amps, cabs, etc that go along with it that I guess I take for granted. Very easy for me to tart dialing in software amp/cab/fx settings because of the familiarity.

I never really thought what a daunting task that is for a strictly keyboard player to have to learn also. I take my 30 years of doing this for granted. :oops:

I think if anyone wants to ask, they might get some good hints from other guitar players too on how they get those tones. Although we each think we have it dialed in just right but might be completely different from the guitar player next to us too.

I think that most of the software these days has some presets that get close, but I never use a preset for guitar sound out of the box. I always have to tweak it to my tonal tastes afterwards too.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

progtronic wrote:
janklaasje wrote:

Most people are really overwhelmed with all the pages of options it offers.. but I love that it includes all that stuff.
Yes, that is my problem. I am not sure what I am doing and there are hundreds of paramaters in Electri6ity and even more in Guitar Rig. Also, that is not what I am interested in as I am not a proffesional music artist.

I just like it to make music in my free time so that is why I am looking for any help of how I should tweak the parameters to get a clean stratocaster Mark Knofler like sound. En emphasis on the word "like" because I am already satisfied if I get close :)

I would really appreciate any help but I am aware of the fact that it takes a little bit of time to explain the steps to me.

.... also some tips are welcome :)

janklaasje wrote:.... also some tips are welcome :)
I think you'll find a bunch of great tips throughout this thread.

I'm not as familiar with trying to get clean guitar tones, as I am with the distorted metal ones I use, though.. so I can't really be of much help in that regard.

janklaasje wrote:
progtronic wrote:
janklaasje wrote:

Most people are really overwhelmed with all the pages of options it offers.. but I love that it includes all that stuff.
Yes, that is my problem. I am not sure what I am doing and there are hundreds of paramaters in Electri6ity and even more in Guitar Rig. Also, that is not what I am interested in as I am not a proffesional music artist.

I just like it to make music in my free time so that is why I am looking for any help of how I should tweak the parameters to get a clean stratocaster Mark Knofler like sound. En emphasis on the word "like" because I am already satisfied if I get close :)

I would really appreciate any help but I am aware of the fact that it takes a little bit of time to explain the steps to me.
You might try Guitar Rig and look at this site (Dire Straits Preset) shown at the link where people share Gtr Rig custom tone preset links:

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewto ... =3&t=13666
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

grdh20 wrote:
janklaasje wrote:
progtronic wrote:
janklaasje wrote:
progtronic wrote:
You might try Guitar Rig and look at this site (Dire Straits Preset) shown at the link where people share Gtr Rig custom tone preset links:

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewto ... =3&t=13666
Thanks for looking it up! I appreciate it! But I already found that preset a while ago but the problem is I have GR4 and the preset is for GR5 and its not compatable with GR5 :(

There are also some nice youtube videos explaining how to make clean jazzy tones with GR4 and some even added presets. While the presets sound amazing in the videos (they plugin a real electrical guitar) it sounds ... not even close when I use it in combination with Electri6ity :(

This is the video and jump to 5.20:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cquWjSCOBhE

When I do the exact same thing in combination with Electri6ity I end up with a sound way of.

Return to “Instruments”