Zero-G Phaedra - Is it worth $120?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I heard Zero-G is a reputable company and I like this synth.

Has anyone have this? I love the sounds as they have fat, weird, and spacey and the fact that it's Kontakt. Would anyone suggest this synth? If you own this, is there a better option for the type of sound I like as stated above?

KG

Where did you find it for $120? It's normally around $180.

I wrote a review of Phaedra back in 2008. Maybe it will help: http://issuu.com/wusik/docs/wusik_sound ... er_2008/26

Reverend Rhythm wrote:I wrote a review of Phaedra back in 2008. Maybe it will help: http://issuu.com/wusik/docs/wusik_sound ... er_2008/26
Much appreciated!

deleted.

imo, its crap just like every single other one of those stupid things. actually, possibly moreso than some of the others.

plus, notably, and somewhat ironically what with the scottkane debacle, the dev of Phaedra made an incredible jackass of himself as is well documented all over the web on both legit and non-legit audio sites.

basically, it got viciously cracked, and then the dev went a little nutty, publicly, and then... it turned out Phaedra was created with a mountain of warez..

either way, imo it is still not worth $180 any day.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: basically, it got viciously cracked, and then the dev went a little nutty, publicly, and then... it turned out Phaedra was created with a mountain of warez..
Ah yes, I knew there was something weird surrounding this synth. I guess that would be it.

harsh words, highkoo
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

yeah, i guess i was pretty harsh on everyone there...
:hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

Dag...that's pretty unheard of. If he created with warez, then I wonder how does that affect Zero-G? I honestly like the sounds in Phaedra. Without the warez bias, do you think it's a good synth as far as sheer sound?
Last edited by kgbrolic on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highkoo wrote:...the dev of Phaedra made an incredible jackass of himself as is well documented all over the web on both legit and non-legit audio sites.

basically, it got viciously cracked, and then the dev went a little nutty, publicly, and then... it turned out Phaedra was created with a mountain of warez..
Can you give us a few links to these discussions? I mean, what type of warez stuff did he supposedly use? Editing software and such? Haven't heard about that "debacle" yet.

Cheers

P.S.: From what I listened to so far, I also really like Phaedra's sample content. Was thinking about getting it.
Last edited by ViktorW on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViktorW wrote:
highkoo wrote:...the dev of Phaedra made an incredible jackass of himself as is well documented all over the web on both legit and non-legit audio sites.

Can you give us a few links to these discussions? I mean, what type of warez stuff did he supposedly use? Editing software and such? Haven't heard about that "debacle" yet.

Cheers
I'm eager to know as well.

WMP wrote:deleted.
Despite the lack of an "edited" tag, there was post here previously (I believe it was by WMP) where the poster said he was the developer, and he/she spoke of how they thought the marketing was all wrong for the product, the pride taken in using completely dry samples, etc. Too bad it was never quoted.

Those are some strong accusations from highkoo. Perhaps WMP or whoever wrote the original message can chime back in and clear up any confusion about the prodcut.

If I have the identity of the original poster wrong, then I'll correct my post.

to highkoo:

I googled this and found nothing about it. I would also like some documentation. I do remember Sam Spacey, the developer, being upset about Phaedra being shared on illegal sites, but I could see his point. I don't remember anything more, but I could have missed it.

There is a reference to Sam Spacey using warez here (somewhere in the middle of the page):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=330

Return to “Instruments”