Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jonahs wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:Is there a direct link anywhere in this thread to the demo?
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/zykl ... r%20505-03./
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/zykl ... mentation/

I dunno, there is a link the left hand side of the yahoo group that says "Files" where you can find it. Not sure what got you stuck.
Probably total lack of experience with anything that has to do with Yahoo, and the fact that I wasn't a memebr of Yahoo Groups, had no login info, and Yahoo made it about as hard as possible to get to the point where I could even function on their website.

FYI, I did discover the link in one of the thread posts, but Yahoo demanded that I be a member of the group, or at least log in, which required that I craft a user profile, before it would let me open the link.

I really have no interest in joining this group, but I would at least like to try the demo. If it is a commercial plug-in (or will be in the future) I may be interested in buying it, but I don't want to have to deal with Yahoo in the meantime. I've always avoided Yahoo in the past and I see no reason to learn how to deal with it now for the sake of this demo.

Anyway, thanks for the link. 8)
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M.Gold you got mail.

bronswerk wrote:A.M.Gold you got mail.
Thanks, but that email is probably out of date. I didn't get a KVR PM yet, but you can hit me up here by PM if you want.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:
bronswerk wrote:A.M.Gold you got mail.
Thanks, but that email is probably out of date. I didn't get a KVR PM yet, but you can hit me up here by PM if you want.
PM'd you.

I'm happy to announce that an OSX version is available. Many thanks to Dan Nigrin (programmer of the Klee software sequencer and other nice goodies) who made this possible.

Link:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/zykl ... ovisor%205\
05-04%2C%20OSX%20version/

First, you will need to join the group first before you have access to the above link.
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zyklusimprovisor

Secondly, Java Runtime Environment 6 or higher is needed to run Zyklus Improvisor.

:x How do I correctly insert links?

Spitfire31 wrote:
lingyai wrote:
jancivil wrote:
maki wrote:I am not afraid that Zyklus concept does not have a potential to be a new standard for arranger-keyboards in near future. This is so big thing that it can even reduce the existing piano-roll sequencer market.
not for people that understand how to make a harmonic modulation with their own brains it won't.

but surely I'm not mature enough for this amazing tool. er, crutch.
Nothing civil -- or subtle -- about your post... you should rename yourself janhammer
Yaaaawn!:zzz:

Why don't you guys give this beaten-to-death old horse a rest and contribute something constructive if you feel a compulsive urge to post? :wink:

Joachim
Not compulsive -- just a proper response to uncivil, Luddite arrogance

What makes your post more "constructive"?
Last edited by lingyai on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

My pleasure to compile the OS X version Bert - you deserve all the praise!! My job was relatively easy.

If there are Mac specific issues that people encounter, please report them!

Dan
Dan Nigrin / Defective Records
Fauxmo: a Fizmo editor / Cyclic, M185 & Klee Sequencers / DSX, MC-4 & MC-202 Hack
https://www.defectiverecords.com

Well a big thanks to both Bert and Dan! Install went fine here in 10.6.7 I'll report back to you here or in the group if I find any bugs.

Dan provided me for a possible solution so that ZI can load and save on Mac OSX, however it looks that is has a minor drawback. The extension type of saving a ZI song can't be set automatically. It has to be done manually by the user. For loading songs it's not that of a big deal, for saving songs it's something you have to remember to do. Not sure if this is acceptable...

Hi,

Just downloaded Improvisor 505_04, ran a quick test on Intel Mac, 10.6.8, and now Save/Save As… works, after a fashion.

Files do get written and when I open them in Text Edit, they're full of stuff. ;-)

However, when I Load a saved file from within Improvisor, all settings seem to be reset to defaults, not to the values that were saved.

So, the glass is half full, or half empty… ;-)

Best,

Joachim

Caveat: I haven't even started to touch Improvisor functionally - I just changed a lot of track values, Saved and then Loaded, with the above result.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Are all settings back to default, or just the slot settings? In the latter case you must store it to scene 1 first before saving the song, because this scene is loaded when a song is loaded.
Spitfire31 wrote:Hi,

Just downloaded Improvisor 505_04, ran a quick test on Intel Mac, 10.6.8, and now Save/Save As… works, after a fashion.

Files do get written and when I open them in Text Edit, they're full of stuff. ;-)

However, when I Load a saved file from within Improvisor, all settings seem to be reset to defaults, not to the values that were saved.

So, the glass is half full, or half empty… ;-)

Best,

Joachim

Caveat: I haven't even started to touch Improvisor functionally - I just changed a lot of track values, Saved and then Loaded, with the above result.

fyi- "save/save as" is working as expected on my system with the new download (osx-10.6.7).

thanks for the effort you put into getting this addressed :)

I will read through this whole topic when I have time, but I would buy Max/MSP just to run this!!!

Was a stand alone or vst ever made of this?

Mike

yes. a link to the yahoo group where you can access the file(s) is on page 11 of this thread.

Perfect, thank you.

Mike

Return to “Instruments”