Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Isn't java supposed to be cross platform?
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

is this the end?

imrekeblusek wrote:is this the end?
no, but there are some delays, sorry :(

Im sure a Max4Live version would go down well as there is quite a community, myself included :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Looking forward the demo app, I'm very curious!

(btw it's just a dummy comment in order to check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox :oops: )

What lunatic said^ double :oops: but with good intentions like lunatic :)
Specially a M4L device but interesting anyway

NEKRO.MACHINE wrote: Specially a M4L device but interesting anyway
I've heard this request before, but it's not an option at the moment.

Let me explain: if you want to use the chord recognition/sequence mangling part that Zyklus Improvisor does, you have to create at least one device that does chord recognition. This device then transmits a "scale" to other receiving (midi) tracks. So you have one "send" patch and several "receiving" patches. Sending and receiving data is done by "send" and "receive" objects that Max has. Now comes the bummer and I quote one message from the Ableton Forum, but there many others:

Each MfL device potentially live its life in a different thread than the others, and you don't have any control over it (Live does the threading repartition/optimization). Furthermore, each device use its own scheduler (synched to the Live transport). Using send/receive within the device is totally fine because it will stay in the same thread, but if you use send/receive across devices the timing is just unpredictable.

I've tested this and it's true. When hitting a chord and the final response of the receiving devices was in the range of 2, 3 beats later. IMHO unacceptable.

What would be so great about a Max4Live version? Ok, I'm clueless about M4L..I just don't see what all the fuss is about. In the time it took bronswerk to explain the M4L problem, he could have written 4 extra lines of code!

Sorry.. I'm just really eager to get my grubby mittens on the demo! :)

I was not aware and tbh still not aware of the limitations of MAXMSP and the MAX4Live implementation, just that for a live ho like myself i put the M4L devices into one of three folders and its ready to go. bronswerk thank you for the explanation and hopefully it will prevent further "M4L please" requests when its not good enough man.

SolarRain - i understand the feeling, hope you get those grubby mitten's of yours on it soon FWIW

Dean/Nekro

+1 for the "Notify me when a reply is posted" :-)

bronswerk wrote:2 new videos uploaded on Youtube, free improvisations, see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVTFua1CZYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QFFc0AgZec

I'm planning to release a demo version, no saving of sequences, but for the rest fully functional.

currently working on the manual, very time consuming... :cry:
THIS is absolutely brilliant!!!

Please place me on the: "I'll buy this immediately (as is) with or without a manual" LIST. :wink:

Well done 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

ForestCat wrote:+1 for the "Notify me when a reply is posted" :-)
Ditto!

don1thedon wrote:
Ditto!
No need to "spam", just click Watch this topic for replies under the Reply button. :)

Kudos to you for keep pushing this project onward.

It's a wonderful idea, implemented in a brilliant way. I will without any doubt be one of the immediate buyers.

If you need testers I volunteer. I have many years of experience in both development and program testing.

Any way - keep up the excellent work!

Göran

mbncp wrote:
don1thedon wrote:
Ditto!
No need to "spam", just click Watch this topic for replies under the Reply button. :)
Already have, ... and it is no intention to spam, just to let the dev know that there is interest from others watching progress!

Return to “Instruments”