Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Taika-Kim
KVRian

666 posts since 14 May, 2002, from Finland

Postby Taika-Kim; Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:51 pm Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

I installed Max demo version, but when I try to run Improvisor, it complains about maxAPI.dll not present in the system. If I copy it to the directory, the program starts, but the graphics are all mixed up.
deastman
KVRAF

6474 posts since 6 Aug, 2003, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby deastman; Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:19 pm Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

I had forgotten about this project. I'll have to check it out... I live this type of generative software!
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)
Musical Gym
KVRAF

4902 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:25 pm Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

I don't know about Max demo version, but here is my structure for stand-alone:
Improvisor0.5d (top level folder)
support (folder inside top level folder)
Inside support folder are 6 other folders plus 3 dll files by themselves.
Files inside top level folder:
Improvisor505-05.exe
Improvisor505-05.mxf
maxcrt.dll
maxcrt_p.dll
msvcr70.dll
msvcr71.dll
Taika-Kim
KVRian

Postby Taika-Kim; Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:58 pm Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

Ah I realized, the download was damaged, I re-downloaded and now it starts fine.

Looks really interesting, I remeber reading about the hardware it´s inspired by and it made a lot of sense :)
Musical Gym
KVRAF

4902 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:09 pm Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

great
Taika-Kim
KVRian

Postby Taika-Kim; Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:18 pm Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

Ah, hmm takes some getting used to, now trying to get sound out of the Windows GM thing just to try this out without the loopback drivers, no luck, neither sending to a hw synth...

I set the MIDI ports, playing the keyboard does nothing, creating a sequence by hand in the arp editor and pressing play does nothing.

Also noteworthy is, that inside MAX this needs the 64 bit Java installed, I first tried with the 32-bit version installed, and got a ton of error messages.

But, ah, I guess I just need to take a long look at the manual...
barrybitter
KVRist

457 posts since 12 Nov, 2008, from God's County

Postby barrybitter; Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:00 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

Can Someone please tell me where I can download Zyklus Improvisor?
Taika-Kim
KVRian

Postby Taika-Kim; Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:41 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

There is a link earlier in the thread. Also you can just Google for it...
HunterKiller
KVRAF

1961 posts since 9 Mar, 2006

Postby HunterKiller; Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:11 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

@bronswerk

What instrument/preset did you use for those strings, in the demo on the first page. I love those strings!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden
barrybitter
KVRist

Postby barrybitter; Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:48 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

Taika-Kim wrote:There is a link earlier in the thread. Also you can just Google for it...

There are 23 pages in this thread which I quickly looked at before I posted for help to find download, now may I just cannot see the wood for the trees. I also always check google and that I did also but was only able to find related Youtube videos and comments on forums like this one non of which throw up a link to Zyklus Improvisor itself.
Pytchblend
KVRist

478 posts since 4 Jul, 2011, from Manchester, UK

Postby Pytchblend; Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:59 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

barrybitter wrote:Can Someone please tell me where I can download Zyklus Improvisor?

bronswerk wrote:Here's a link where you can download it from. No need to join the group if you don't want to.

http://www.uusikaupunki.fi/~patalus/new_stuff/Zyklus%20MPS/Bronswerk's_Zyklus_Improvisor
barrybitter
KVRist

Postby barrybitter; Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:11 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

Pytchblend wrote:
barrybitter wrote:Can Someone please tell me where I can download Zyklus Improvisor?

bronswerk wrote:Here's a link where you can download it from. No need to join the group if you don't want to.

http://www.uusikaupunki.fi/~patalus/new_stuff/Zyklus%20MPS/Bronswerk's_Zyklus_Improvisor

:tu:
zerocrossing
KVRAF

9070 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:44 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

Hm, looks like a perfect companion to Circular Labs Möbius. Must investigate...
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
bronswerk
KVRist

155 posts since 14 Apr, 2006

Postby bronswerk; Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:37 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

HunterKiller wrote:@bronswerk

What instrument/preset did you use for those strings, in the demo on the first page. I love those strings!

I honestly can't remember what sounds I used back then. That demo is about 6 years old. I am however a fan of the Roland JV and JD series, so probably a JV1080/JV2080 or JD990.
HunterKiller
KVRAF

1961 posts since 9 Mar, 2006

Postby HunterKiller; Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:24 am Re: Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

Thanks you for the reply. :)
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments