Vengeance Producer Suite: Metrum. DrumSynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

newsie who are you? ;)

Do you get paid for this or something? You sound like we're toning down the work efforts here, which his not the case - I don't see it as seriously as you do to be honest.

BTW:
The samples are a matter of discussion for sure. I have VEC2 and VFX already, paid my fair share for them. So no need for rebuying that stuff in my case.

If it'd come "without" the samples and be priced different, I might think about it actually. Like I said, not my cup of tea - but for others it might just the "the" thing to get.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Kriminal wrote:
at least its their own work :wink:

do they have permission to use those samples?

i think charging money for rips is a poor show....

If there was a REAL issue with copyright laws, there probably wouldn't still be available CDs and samples. It's really not that hard to mimic any kick drum sound, you can't copyright that. Even with that said, producers admit all the time they rip samples from old records. I'm sure you have a few rips from rips that you don't even know about.

newsie wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

If there was a REAL issue with copyright laws, there probably wouldn't still be available CDs and samples. It's really not that hard to mimic any kick drum sound, you can't copyright that. Even with that said, producers admit all the time they rip samples from old records. I'm sure you have a few rips from rips that you don't even know about.

no, i synthesize all my sounds from sratch, i have that ability 8)

i find kind of funny that this thing is opposite to drumaxx, as probably kicks is the less part i like from the image-line drum synth
Dream Audio Tools - Sample libraries http://www.dreamaudiotools.com
Archisounds - Music Website http://www.archisounds.net

drumaxx & microtonic job done !

Alternatively buy Battery .

This is too expensive by far.
Last edited by glasgene on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newsie wrote:Also the included top notch samples. Which fetch a hefty price alone. Factor in that and the plugin seems a bit more reasonable.

330 Kick Drum Presets / over 1800 Attack Samples / over 150 Sine Oscillator Presets.
Is there noise generator planned as well? Are there a real synthesis as well? Is there a demo?
Last edited by Igro on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal wrote:
newsie wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

Uh huh from day 1 right?

Kriminal wrote:
newsie wrote: The price may be a little high, only because second rate companies are releasing second rate plugins at marketing scheme pricing.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Dave's Da Man :-o :D

whyterabbyt wrote:you just dismantled part of your own argument. the petrol companies arent collaborating with the car manufacturers...
a that do a lot more than this exceedingly one-trick pony, whilst being in the same price range or less.

You get the point. You can't have one without the other. And petrol companies have very much so collaborated with car companies in the early stages of development and refinement, don't kid yourself.

Now compare the samples, features, FXs and engines. Seeing as the kick drum is one of the most important parts of a dance song, the one trick should pony up.

Barring the price tag, I like the concept of Metrum and the demo videos look interesting.

But!
Compyfox wrote:(some stuff sounded definitely similar to VEC1 and VEC2).
This reminds me of the scary part. :?

rob_lee wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
newsie wrote: The price may be a little high, only because second rate companies are releasing second rate plugins at marketing scheme pricing.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Dave's Da Man :-o :D

newsie wrote:You get the point. You can't have one without the other.
yes you can. heard of 'electricity' ?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

newsie wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
newsie wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

Uh huh from day 1 right?
yep, you catch on fast

i doubt it will sell well, but im sure it will be a hit with wa**z kiidies who are into the genres of music this is aimed at.

Now compare the samples, features, FXs and engines. Seeing as the kick drum is one of the most important parts of a dance song, the one trick should pony up.
Newsie would it be fair to say you are in fact connected to this plug in.

If that's the case then maybe listen to what people are saying and try and take it onboard without offence, its obvious from the feedback your getting that the price is too high, I'm sure it sounds great but then so are the plug ins that are priced in the same ballpark that do a whole lot more.

again nice concept but lower the price.

Return to “Instruments”