Vengeance Producer Suite: Metrum. DrumSynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i wouldn't pay 150$ for this, for 200$ i got zebra2, which can make pretty good kicks with some help from edison.
7 random kicks from my original kicks folder:
http://www.box.net/shared/zoe1bssect

plus, knowing i made my sounds from scratch gives me a hardon, now if only i knew how to make good snares/claps within my synths :(

I have the demo running this time...
It needs a lot more work to do the same stuff with synth+sampler.
The closest thing I remember is Bazzism for sine based kick+low frequency and a layered sample for the middle/high range of the kick.

Microtonic can sound similar but not the same. I have never get a similar kick created in Microtonic.

The kicks don't need additional FX to hype the bottom (low pass+resonance, distortion).

The only bad thing: the demo is a bit limited. Works only 10minutes (must then be reloaded) and the complete trial is 5 days. So the demo is only to have a very short look how things are working.

I think it's a good plug-in but a bit expensive. It would get more attention for a reasonable price (I think more about <100€)

I bought Metrum and MBS from Vengeance, and both plugins have a constant CPU spike of %70 when the GUI is open. So I never use them. These plugins would be amazing if they would fix this issue but for me is unusable. Biggest waste of almost $400 !!

Were they not present in the demo?!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

If you have a kickdrum-fetish, you need Metrum ;) I think House, Trance, Electro music producer will love it.

I bought Metrum a while ago. What *I* love about Metrum: The user interface, how versatile it sounds, the pitch env editing (its fiddly first). Basicly, you have *full* control over every aspect of what makes it 'kick' :) It's rock solid, never crashed my system. Downsides: Price (ouch) and CPU (takes 12% per instance which is alot for my system).

I wish Metrum had a 'freeze'-function (and export/save kickdrums as wav/aif) instead of calculating all layers in realtime, especially with some FX switched on it can use some CPU. It should have a basic simple sampler inbuilt for 'frozen' kicks, with all FX disabled in this mode for minimum CPU usage.

Metrum comes also with samples, that can be combined for its low/mid/top end, so it's not fair to compare it to lets say Zebra, Drummax, Microtonic, etc.. IMO, It can sound much more alive or 'organic' because of it.
Cowbells!

musikmachine wrote:Were they not present in the demo?!
I never tried the demo.

Hey dalor, what DAW and OS are you using Metrum with?. How is it only using %12 CPU?

lowski wrote:I bought Metrum and MBS from Vengeance, and both plugins have a constant CPU spike of %70 when the GUI is open. So I never use them. These plugins would be amazing if they would fix this issue but for me is unusable. Biggest waste of almost $400 !!
they won't do that in my setup. win7, 64 bit, Sonar X1
Finally!

lowski wrote:Hey dalor, what DAW and OS are you using Metrum with?. How is it only using %12 CPU?
I thought 12% is quite a lot. I run Win7 Pro x64, 2xXeon processors (8 cores 2.6ghz), Studio One v2 x32. ASIO pcie sound card in 96 kHz , 24 bit.
Cowbells!

That's like $2.20 per kick :shock:

osiris wrote:That's like $2.20 per kick :shock:
LOL how did you get this number? It can randomize stuff from samples to amp/pitch envelopes/filters, plus the sub bass is a synth and not sample based! You can get unlimited number of combinations :wink:
Cowbells!

Lol. From a review that said it had 330 presets. But, my math is wrong. 135 pounds works out to $213.00. So it's 66 cents per kick. My bad.

osiris wrote:Lol. From a review that said it had 330 presets. But, my math is wrong. 135 pounds works out to $213.00. So it's 66 cents per kick. My bad.
Hehe well I wouldn't have spent this amount of money for any plugin that's limited to presets only. Metrum can be as complex and versatile as you drive it, far beyond a preset machine.

The sub oscillator alone let's you design all possible 808/909 kicks and more.
Plus 3 sample layers to add some spice to the sub.
Option to import your own samples.
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:
osiris wrote:The sub oscillator alone let's you design all possible 808/909 kicks and more.
BazzIsm + 3 audio tracks in your daw... 30€ :D
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/3359

Cyforce wrote:
dalor wrote:The sub oscillator alone let's you design all possible 808/909 kicks and more.
ok, now
- save presets including the audiofiles
- add filter and pitch env's to the samples
- play all that via keyboard, polyphonic, with pitch tracking
- while still being able to edit all components individually

just sayin'... :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:
Cyforce wrote:
dalor wrote:The sub oscillator alone let's you design all possible 808/909 kicks and more.
ok, now
- save presets including the audiofiles
- add filter and pitch env's to the samples
- play all that via keyboard, polyphonic, with pitch tracking
- while still being able to edit all components individually

just sayin'... :)
Hmmmmm ok you are right :D
But for these, who didn't need a filter, pitch-env, so for just layering drum samples with a sine osc and several audio tracks it would be the more economic way :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”