Vengeance Producer Suite: Metrum. DrumSynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kriminal wrote:
newsie wrote: Coming from the makers of Nexus synth you can count on it's quality over affordability.
reFX made Nexus

Hm...

after years of trial and error to create the "ultimate kick" for my productions (which turned to "rather revert to a proper sample), and after watching this, I might need to totally overthink the concept (and my workflow).

One thing is for sure, this thing is dead simple to use. And I guess this is why it's existing: simple creation of standard dance/house/techno kicks that you hear in modern type music.

Nothing against the developers, the concept is great for what it's supposed to do (and for this, definitely congratulations!). But I really can't wait for the flood of "ultimate kick samples" by nouveau riche kids on the web, claiming they're the best producers on planet earth. :(

Now where did I put my Waldorf Attack?! :x

newsie wrote:Image
Actually:
reFX coded Nexus, Manuel Schleis (and some of the "Vengeance Crew/Sounddesigners") created the audio content.

Same with "Vengeance Producer Suite: Multiband Sidechain", only that here Keilwerth Audio created the code according to wanted specs, and the Vengeance Crew finetuned it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Trancit wrote: You are joking, aren't you????

You think, a pure Kick "synth" (it doesn't seem to be a synth, but a samplerplayer, as all in which Vengeance is envolved) is fourteen times more worth than a (or better 16) full featured physically modeled "real" drumsynth, which is capable to simulate nearly any drums you can imagine????

I don't think so...

i am sure, the sound quality will be ok, especially for those, who don't know, how to make own ones, and thats what you pay for....

Trancit
Last edited by newsie on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Compyfox wrote:Hm...

after years of trial and error to create the "ultimate kick" for my productions (which turned to "rather revert to a proper sample), and after watching this, I might need to totally overthink the concept (and my workflow).

One thing is for sure, this thing is dead simple to use. And I guess this is why it's existing: simple creation of standard dance/house/techno kicks that you hear in modern type music.

Nothing against the developers, the concept is great for what it's supposed to do (and for this, definitely congratulations!). But I really can't wait for the flood of "ultimate kick samples" by nouveau riche kids on the web, claiming they're the best producers on planet earth. :(

Actually:
reFX coded Nexus, Manuel Schleis (and some of the "Vengeance Crew/Sounddesigners") created the audio content.

Same with "Vengeance Producer Suite: Multiband Sidechain", only that here Keilwerth Audio created the code according to wanted specs, and the Vengeance Crew finetuned it.

col·lab·o·ra·tion   [kuh-lab-uh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA
-noun
1. the act or process of collaborating.
2. a product resulting from collaboration: This dictionary is a collaboration of many minds.

:-o :o :shock: ...how on earth did we create drumsounds before that???

:lol:

...seriously, I don't know why this is called a synthesizer when the video clearly shows that it is based on a sample library (and from what I get in some forums the origin of Vengeance samples is really questionable). It seems that you can layer up to four samples and shape them a bit and add some fx. If so to me it doesn't offer anything a decent sampler wouldn't already do.

Drumaxx on the other hand really seems to have a fresh appoach on drum synthesis. I had a lot of fun creating sounds with it and it was really easy...

edit: beaten to it...
Last edited by Kriminal on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Compyfox wrote:Hm...

Actually:

brings to mind 'Rob Paben Albino'

i think its a shame really, the coders seem to get less credit for stuff like this...when its really all their work...(or in Vengeance's case, someone elses work they ripped off)

Kriminal wrote:(or in Vengeance's case, someone elses work they ripped off)
careful, next thing kevvvvvvv will pop up, tell us Manuel Schleiss is the next Beethoven and lock this thread... :wink:

The concept of the metrum is very good i think, also all features, specially the little(midikill for reverb) - so all in all its are really cool tool. Normal sample-search for the right kick in your track will be faster, but with this you can give your favorite kicks more own character etc.

Only one thing is there negativ - the price...
(and a second little negativ point, that the installation run not on mac or something atm, how to read at the v-forum, but there will come surely a update in the next days)

Would Multiband cost 49€, and Metrum 69/79€ it would be a nice deal, but 149€? Ouuhhhh :D Thats a synthsquad or ace+synthmaster2! Both alternative would a be arsenal of soundweapons :wink:

Perhaps i make something(expansion - preset/sample combo) for the metrum :P

newsie wrote: col·lab·o·ra·tion   [kuh-lab-uh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA
-noun
2. a product resulting from collaboration: This dictionary is a collaboration of many minds.
Seriously, nobody is stepping on your toes. It is known that Manuel Schleis is no coder but a sound designer and musician. A "collaborative work" is something I can agree on, while Mr. Schleis is the creative mind (gives the ideas) and reFX/Keilwerth Audio are the executive technitians that made that idea even possible.

It's the same as if I'd say Rayzoon "please implement that feature" and they do. Is that also a "collaboration"? Somehow yes, but the major concept is still from Rayzoon.

A "real" collaborative work in my opinion is still if there are two (or more) musicians working on the same song and have an even ammount of ideas. Or (what I also encountered) somebody created the main arrangement, I finished and then mixed it up accordingly. At least this is what I'm used to from a (still) popular video game remix community.

YMMV however.

loachm wrote::-o :o :shock: ...how on earth did we create drumsounds before that???
Dunno. Maybe this is the very reasons why our single hits sucked?

loachm wrote: It seems that you can layer up to four samples and shape them a bit and add some fx. If so to me it doesn't offer anything a decent sampler wouldn't already do.
I can agree on that. Definitely not a new concept, though I'm sure we can both agree on that this VSTi is an enormous simplification. I remember pulling stuff like that off with several samples triggered simultaneously from any random sampler, then an added sine synth triggered with a gate (if needed), and proper EQ.

Well, this is essentially the same, only in one "box". And it seems, bundled with some Vengeance single stabs (some stuff sounded definitely similar to VEC1 and VEC2).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
newsie wrote: col·lab·o·ra·tion   [kuh-lab-uh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA
-noun
Seriously, nobody is stepping on your toes. It is known that Manuel Schleis is no coder but a sound designer and musician. A "collaborative work" is something I can agree on, while Mr. Schleis is the creative mind (gives the ideas) and reFX/Keilwerth Audio are the executive technitians that made that idea even possible.

It's the same as if I'd say Rayzoon "please implement that feature" and they do. Is that also a "collaboration"? Somehow yes, but the major concept is still from Rayzoon.

A "real" collaborative work in my opinion is still if there are two (or more) musicians working on the same song and have an even ammount of ideas. Or (what I also encountered) somebody created the main arrangement, I finished and then mixed it up accordingly. At least this is what I'm used to from a (still) popular video game remix community.

YMMV however.

loachm wrote::-o :o :shock: ...how on earth did we create drumsounds before that???
Dunno. Maybe this is the very reasons why our single hits sucked?

loachm wrote: It seems that you can layer up to four samples and shape them a bit and add some fx. If so to me it doesn't offer anything a decent sampler wouldn't already do.
I can agree on that. Definitely not a new concept, though I'm sure we can both agree on that this VSTi is an enormous simplification. I remember pulling stuff like that off with several samples triggered simultaneously from any random sampler, then an added sine synth triggered with a gate (if needed), and proper EQ.

Well, this is essentially the same, only in one "box". And it seems, bundled with some Vengeance single stabs (some stuff sounded definitely similar to VEC1 and VEC2).

Only problem is, you're assuming how much collaboration and to what extent. Seeing as the samples would be the fuel to the engine, you can't have one without the other. An auto company can make a very nice car, but it won't go anywhere without gas. So together the "makers" of this product have collaborated on something that is simple, effective and useful to some. The price may be a little high, only because second rate companies are releasing second rate plugins at marketing scheme pricing.

Also the included top notch samples. Which fetch a hefty price alone. Factor in that and the plugin seems a bit more reasonable.

330 Kick Drum Presets / over 1800 Attack Samples / over 150 Sine Oscillator Presets.

newsie wrote: The price may be a little high, only because second rate companies are releasing second rate plugins at marketing scheme pricing.
at least its their own work :wink:

newsie wrote:Also the included top notch samples. Which fetch a hefty price alone. Factor in that and the plugin seems a bit more reasonable.

330 Kick Drum Presets / over 1800 Attack Samples / over 150 Sine Oscillator Presets.

do they have permission to use those samples?

i think charging money for rips is a poor show....

newsie wrote: Seeing as the samples would be the fuel to the engine, you can't have one without the other. An auto company can make a very nice car, but it won't go anywhere without gas.
you just dismantled part of your own argument. the petrol companies arent collaborating with the car manufacturers...
The price may be a little high, only because second rate companies are releasing second rate plugins at marketing scheme pricing.
actually its because first rate companies are releasing first rate plugins that do a lot more than this exceedingly one-trick pony, whilst being in the same price range or less.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Instruments”