One-Synth-Challenge 16 ... Texture!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Texture

Yeah 15/16 instances would be more than enough! .... Normally when I do a track, there are around a dozen instances, but only 5 or 6 are playing simultaneously at any time .... In buzz, it's like each instance is using up cpu constantly even if not producing any sounds .. so even when I drop out from 6 simultaneous instances to just kik, snare and bass, there is no drop in cpu load!

I'm gonna spend a little time on the manual tonight and leave composition for now. :?

well my host only crashed once with several same-name instances, but I made 8 copies anyway and only then had one stuck note sometimes. Some of the patches are very inspiring. My piece is 95 percent done- really surprised me to come up with something I really like.

Thats good to hear Mike777 :)

As for myself, I found the note off function in Buzz, and that makes a slight but significant difference. I now have another 2 instances squeezed in, but I doubt if I'm gonna get any more, ..... might be enough though :?

I'm also 90% done. But will work into it for a while now that I can get more than 5 tracks going after the SE bug workaround.
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

my masterpiece is ready, but not posting until later! A very difficult and complex piece and worked late last night- .wav file time says 1:02AM. I went to bed and the melody I wrote kept going over and over in my head.

Somehow I managed to get a perfect punchy kick out of the kick preset. Used 8 instances. Now the really hard part- naming it! good luck to all

No issues with Texture (or any other SE or SM synth it seems) in Reaper on a dual core once set to 'buggy mode' which I guess means only one core used as seen from the CPU temperatures as well.

As you can surmise I've had so much fun demoing Reaper lately that I bought it, having a saveable demo was a clever move by Cockos. ;)

But Tattie, could you reconsider changing the naming rule where the title is in front of the song? It's a mess on my players when half are tagged and some not showing differently. Not a big deal with few entries, but meant to bring this up after the Synth1 comp and maybe fix before a new hit synth is on?

Maybe we should have the synth name as the first part of the title?

edit: ...because that's what i did with the Stringz entries before loading them on my MP3 player.

... Errm ... not sure what you mean V'ger ... could you clarify by giving an example of how you think we should title our tracks?

In the 'rools', I ask that folks title their tracks thus ...

"nameoftrack - artistsname"

I dont mind changing the format, but please tell me exactly what you would prefer. :)

Any more tracks to submit?? ..... 9 days to go!!!!!!! :o

Yeah, but hang on. It's not quite right yet ;p
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

Damn, I had entirely forgotten about this... I'll see if I can put something together fast :)

Added my entry, but i accidently uploaded the .txt file two times.. (please remove the first, the second one i uploaded is the correct one ).
I need to post it now, before i ruin it with too much editting ;)

Trackname: Flexture
Host: Renoise
Texture instances: 16
FX: 2 buscompressors & 3 maximizers
BPM: 128

I changed a few presets ( mostly kick ), most were just fine.

Njoy :)

Cool XGmode ... cheers for the submission! :) ... changing presets is GoooOOOD! :)

I'll delete the first text file no probs.

Well, I think I'm gonna need the 8/9 days to get my own track finished ... things are starting to click now with Buzz ... cool host! Funny enough, I had to do some work in Madtracker earlier today ( for reasons I'll not bore you with ) ... so I have a measure of how much easier Buzz is than MT ... but as with all things when compared, each has its strengths and weaknesses.

So yeah, Buzz is gonna stay on my HD .. if only for the straightforward pattern editor :)

Texture is killing me... it's a nice machine, but for some reason I couldn't figure out for the life of me there's an odd delay when pressing a key that makes playing in real time close to impossible :(
Oh well, I'll manage somehow.

Mac, maybe... play without being able to hear what you're playing. I do that sometimes, when there's a latency thing going on.

Return to “Instruments”