One-Synth-Challenge 16 ... Texture!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Texture

Yep, I might try that, or maybe I'll just program a similar sound on another vst and then make texture play what I recorded... your solution sounds like more fun, though :)

Just uploaded my entry for the competition. Went in to Drum&Bass / Suomisoundi (psytrance) direction with this one. Comes kind a naturally with a vsti synth like texture. Didn't do much finishing to keep the fx used in a minimium ( would have required lot of EQuing and fine tuning the compression ).

Used 19 instances of Texture, Classic limiter in master, few modern compressors and FL studio native EQ or BootEQmkII in about half of the tracks.

Used presets in few leads and bass with some fine tuning in textures filter deparment.

Enjoy and feel free to comment.

uiiuiiu wrote:..Used 19 instances of Texture..
Darn, thought i would have the most instances! :hihi:

uiiuiiu ... cheers for the submission! :)

XGmode - I got round to deleting that erroneous text file. :)

OK, thats 4 tracks in ... keep em coming guys :)

tattiemannie wrote: XGmode - I got round to deleting that erroneous text file. :)

..Next OSC i'll try to create a more complex song, i just bought Renoise so my track is the first made in there. :D
Workflow is a bit different from cubase etc.

Cheers!

XGmode, if you haven't already: In Renoise, check out the signal follower, lfo, and automation DSPs; oh, and the hydra.

Renoise doesn't have the same 'audio capability' of Cubase (but with Rewire, this can be added in). What Renoise does have; is that it's an incredible sequencer.

Given my limited audio needs (recording 1 audio track at a time), Renoise can work for 'everything' out of the box; but if more audio is needed (multiple audio ins), using Renoise, by Rewiring REAPER for example; the combination is an ultimate DAW.

You might even be able to Rewire Cubase/Renoise.

Hi,

Yea, i've seen those tools and tried rewire with rebirth, worked fine.
Great tools, did check everything in the update before i bought it.
But i don't have a lot of time to investigate much, school/work/GF..eats all my time haha!

Before i knew Cubase ( 20 years ago? ) i used Screamtracker and after that Fasttracker, so i do know trackers..but it has been a long time since i last used one haha. Am learning fast, as i knew most commands.

I've tried reaper, when i was looking for a DAW, but i didn't get stable MIDI results.
Every time a looped piece got back to the start, i noticed a delay/latency.
When i didn't loop but copy the block a couple of times and just play it, everything ok..
Tried different settings, but couldn't fix it.. so i bought Renoise instead. 8) Renoise has been rocksolid, MIDI and VST/audio.

Oh, and renoise got me back the energy to make music again... i lost it with other modern DAWs. Really nice.

Cheers!
Rob.
mrblitz000 wrote:XGmode, if you haven't already: In Renoise, check out the signal follower, lfo, and automation DSPs; oh, and the hydra.

Renoise doesn't have the same 'audio capability' of Cubase (but with Rewire, this can be added in). What Renoise does have; is that it's an incredible sequencer.

Given my limited audio needs (recording 1 audio track at a time), Renoise can work for 'everything' out of the box; but if more audio is needed (multiple audio ins), using Renoise, by Rewiring REAPER for example; the combination is an ultimate DAW.

You might even be able to Rewire Cubase/Renoise.

uiiuiiu wrote:Just uploaded my entry for the competition. Went in to Drum&Bass / Suomisoundi (psytrance) direction with this one.
Sounds nice, like it :)

XGmode wrote: Sounds nice, like it :)
Thank you. I just listened your track and really liked how the kick drum sounded in you track. How did you go about creating it? ( Liked the track otherwise as well, kick was just something that struck me first ).

OK, here's mine ....

Uh Oh ... Here Comes Trouble - Tattiemannie

Host: composition and mix - Buzz
: Mastering - FL8

Sounds: 9x Texture

Fx: Mix - 2x mda Dynamics
Master - 1x mda Dynamics

No Automation.

uiiuiiu wrote: Thank you. I just listened your track and really liked how the kick drum sounded in you track. How did you go about creating it? ( Liked the track otherwise as well, kick was just something that struck me first ).

It's the kick2 preset from Texture, i set the bandpass rez up some and the cutoff down a bit. Then used a buscompressor and maximizer.

.... 6 days to go!!! :-o ... keep em comin folks .... I gonna be doin some political protesting and gigs over the next couple of days, so keep posting here to raise its profile .... or should I perhaps post a little discussion stimulator?

.... if it takes 6 men 3 hours to dig a hole, how long does it take 9 men and 5 women to dig half a hole? .... and how would the result be affected if the spades were more analogue?

Oh, and anyone wishing to answer my discussion tickler question must write their response in the style of Stanley Unwin ... for guidance, see here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2iD-oNqD_I

Well, best of luck on the politics thing... meanwhile, i'm hearing nothing but superlatives about Buzz.

BTW, what was the election thing? Did one party get more votes than the others, then the others decided to combine their votes together so they could have more votes than the winning party? It seems like it ended up with a PM who won't step down or somesuch?

Anyway, i guess that's kind of off-topic.

Speaking of which; if you're from Scotland (is that right?), do you know Sheena Easton?

I used to have some Scottish friends; the Murdochs. We'd go over to their house and dance to Partridge Family records. We'd build plastic models of 'hot rod' cars, too. Their mother still had the accent.

edit: Not meaning to sound glib over the political thing; here's wishing for a good rally for everyone participating. Cheers!

tattie:
Don't worry about tracks, I'm pretty sure most of them will be submitted at last minute ;) Oh... and have a nice 'protest thing' ;)

Return to “Instruments”