One-Synth-Challenge 18 - SoHa Sonata!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sonata

I'll throw in two more (I believe they're polyphonic): ProtoPSG and Photon? Both have that "quirk" factor I'm looking for, and seem stable enough on my ancient system... choosing a synth is a lot harder than I thought it'd be.
I am the musical equivalent of a brick...

ProtoPSG is a chiptune synth. We've already had one :)
Photon seems ok.
Here's a pair of screenshots to confuse things a bit :oops:
Pink VSTi. I'm in love with it:

And this:

And another one:

Hold steady and dig in Hivefleetmegalon .. this is your choice ... dont be hurried, and dont get too distracted .... remember, it's not about what folks like .. it just has to be usable by as many of us as possible. If your fave happens to be a monosynth, then like it or not, we'll all just have to cope and get on with it :)

Anyway ... hi from Shepperton folks, looks like my connection is working, and I'll get that voting thread up tomorrow. :)

good free synths which still havent made it into an official OSC:
elek7roV2(not even elek7ro1 technically )
sq8l
xhip
magical8bit
asynth
karmafxmodular
Last edited by olikana on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go with your heart Hivefleetmegalon. ... You're our only hope. :hihi:
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

thanks for the reminder olikana-- I'd kind of forgotten SQ8L (must remember to punish self). I was searching the KVR database, tried out a few synths. I was going to choose Majken's Chimera, but the zip file seems corrupt (although I was downloading the old single core version-- I've noticed he has a new multi-core version, but that wouldn't do me any good). So as much as I like the synth, I'm not gonna say "that's it!" and then no one can extract the .dll--
so I'm going to take a stand for SQ8L. Very fat n' warm, polyphonic, and a ton of useful sounds. OSC19, SQ8L. Now I can stop fretting and clogging this thread with my indecision. :)
I am the musical equivalent of a brick...

SQ8L... great news. :clap: Terrific sounding synth, another top 5 freeware imo.

Great choice, hivefleetmegalon! If even this synth won't inspire me then I should quit forever :D

olikana wrote:good free synths which still havent made it into an officaial OSC:
elektroV2(not even elektro1 technically)
sq8l
xhip
magical8bit
asynth
karmafxmodular
+1 for xhip
V'ger wrote:SQ8L... great news.
Bad news for me. :( Good sound, but martian interface
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music

Yes shame about the GUI, but still possible to edit. Just look at the presets.

V'ger wrote:Yes shame about the GUI, but still possible to edit. Just look at the presets.
Presets are good. But I do not like to use presets. I prefer to create my own sounds.
Listen to my music

Steplton wrote:Presets are good. But I do not like to use presets. I prefer to create my own sounds.
... if only I had THAT much confidence! ;)

Right. Gauntlet down buddy! I'm going to manufacture some of my sounds this time round!! You're ON!!

ahem. :|

*blink, blink* ... To make your own sounds, you have to twiddle the virtual knobs, right? In different directions!?
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

I meant look at the presets for what can be done tweaking. :)

I seem to remember sq8l was ruled out of a previous comp .... cant remember why ...

tattiemannie wrote:I seem to remember sq8l was ruled out of a previous comp .... cant remember why ...
to hivefleetmegalon:
xhip!!!!!! XHIP !!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :love: :lol:
Listen to my music

Return to “Instruments”