Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
progtronic
KVRist

287 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:50 am Re: what is the best guitar vst instrument for metal sound ?

OK.. just picked up the audioplugin.deals Shreddage 2 bundle.

After a bit of tweaking, I was able to come up with.. a complete mess...

An absolutely GLORIOUS mess! :hyper:

There are so many options on these guitars, for all that awesome extra noise and crap most actual guitarist tend to avoid when recording, or even playing live.. that I nearly cried openly, with total happiness overload. :D

Line noise, fret noise & squeaks, grimy chokes, pitched & un-pitched release noises, random (or selectable) pre-pick noises with offset controls.. all in a very easy to understand and easily tweakable set of tabs.

I turn almost all that stuff up to full, because I'm a freak like that.

Also.. many many many palm mute variations. There are so many you'll never hear the same one twice. Ok, prolly exaggerating a bit there.. but there are a lot.

Even the included fx rack is totally usable. Probably wouldn't use it for album material (will stick to Guitar Rig for that).. but definitely useful for a lot of the cinematic styles, that include a bit of Metal & Rock-like guitar, I do once in a while.

The bundle also includes Furia Staccato Strings (which I already had from a previous bundle deal, it's awesome) and Mega Brass (which I really wanted). Both, very useful for orchestral & cinematic stuff.

Anyway.. highly recommended. :tu:
bill45
KVRAF

1970 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:11 pm Re: what is the best guitar vst instrument for metal sound ?

Cool Rick, Can't wait to hear Wait you do with them.My main issue is getting them To play in the correct
Position on the neck. You have to mess with that hand thing, and mess with the string preference nob.
On one tune I had a ruff time getting shreddage to play a low C.With electri6ity,use CC34 and find the number.
I like the pick attacck of Dracus,But, it is heavy on my cpu,xeon 5670.
progtronic
KVRist

287 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:54 pm Re: what is the best guitar vst instrument for metal sound ?

bill45 wrote:Cool Rick, Can't wait to hear Wait you do with them.My main issue is getting them To play in the correct
Position on the neck. You have to mess with that hand thing, and mess with the string preference nob.
On one tune I had a ruff time getting shreddage to play a low C.With electri6ity,use CC34 and find the number.
I like the pick attacck of Dracus,But, it is heavy on my cpu,xeon 5670.

I just let the scripting do, whatever the hell it wants to do.. on most of the Kontakt guitar instruments I use. Very rarely will I have to tweak anything beyond that.

I'm still not having any luck with Dracus... :?
bill45
KVRAF

1970 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:25 pm Re: what is the best guitar vst instrument for metal sound ?

Orange tree just updated their guitars
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments